follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 08-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #57
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Nah. I'm in the market for a couple of these

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-Aviation.../dp/B010FTYIUS

and an good intercom system.

Or, perhaps a couple of pair of https://industrialsafety.honeywell.c...n/earplugs/max
Old 08-02-2019, 08:15 AM   #58
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by janialambar View Post
How can I avoid the road noise?
Definitely don't drive on winter tires in the summer, that's for sure...
Old 09-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #59
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce View Post
Exactly. Subaru built a car that is exciting to drive, all of the time. The noise forms part of the driver engagement which produces that excitement. The steering feel, shift action, the lively suspension and the very busy high revving engine all make their contributions.

It doesn't matter that the radio is crap, just doesn't matter.

The radio is one of the last things I think about when driving my car. And actually I think the speakers sound decent. Lol The volume knob is missing in my car and I still haven’t gotten around to replacing it. *shrug*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JesseG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #60
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseG View Post
The radio is one of the last things I think about when driving my car.
I always said the same thing, but the speakers are pretty bad on this car lol Not that I was expecting some crazy good sound system or anything, but you can’t really listen to music at a good volume without it sounding all fucked up. No I’m not blasting music in the car lmao. I don’t know maybe it’s just me
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #61
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will BRZ View Post
I always said the same thing, but the speakers are pretty bad on this car lol Not that I was expecting some crazy good sound system or anything, but you can’t really listen to music at a good volume without it sounding all fucked up. No I’m not blasting music in the car lmao. I don’t know maybe it’s just me
The stock radio desperately needs a sub. The subaru sub is not very good, but it makes the radio sound 1000 times better. Usually a mid range aftermarket head unit will make the speakers sound much better.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
Will BRZ (09-07-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 09:26 PM   #62
Frye

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Speed+Rated%29

About an 80% (Subjective to my hearing)reduction in road noise over the stock ones but still with a ultra high performance tire that is truly amazing. I will never buy another type of tire again.

When asked how to make an S2000 bearable as a daily commuter, Mark Sanew (SavageGeese on Youtube) recommended quiet all season tires and Ohlins DFV dampers.

I've driven Twins with really cheap tires (Mirada Sport GT2) versus Primacy HPs, and the really cheap tires were much louder. Both cars had the sound tube plugged and were otherwise stock. I would be very interested in the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for tire noise reduction.
Frye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:01 PM   #63
mrhayes1

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS white
Garage
The are really only three ways to decrease road noise through tires. 1. Increase the sidewall height; 2. Go with a better, softer compound; 3. Go with a high end brand known for having good performance with NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness). High end brands like Michelin spend lots of $ on R&D to resolve road noise. Shit tires like Delinte have the tread patterns selected by some 10 year old Asian kid in his dads shop....

Also, stay away from runflats. They are notoriously loud. Some have gotten better I hear but I don't think the price is worth it. You can check tire rack and read reviews on tire noise. But that being said, if tire and road noise bothers you, you should just save yourself the headache and sell the car now lol
mrhayes1 is offline   Reply With Quote