follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Shad0ez

Drives: 2013 Raven Black
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Eibach sportline, SPC rear LCAs, Whiteline front camber bolts

This setup came out practically near perfect for being on a budget. The height in the rear is exactly where I would have wanted to be if I had purchased coilovers and the fronts are almost as good, though I would have liked them to be about 1/4 of an inch lower.

I've only had this setup on for 2 days, but let me tell you, I was surprised that hardly any ride comfort was compromised from the drop. It basically feels stock. Granted most of the roads in AZ where I'm located have very few bumps or pot holes, it's just slightly more noticeable when I go over a crack or pass through lane dividers.

As far as the alignment, the rear LCAs and front camber bolts got me to where I wanted to be which was -.4 in the fronts and -1.2 in the rears. My goal is more towards longevity of tires and aesthetics and don't think I'll be tracking. Luckily, in case I change my mind I can dial in more camber having a lifetime alignment

Wheels are ESM-004s in 18x8 et35 fronts and 18x9 et38 rears on 225/40/18 and 245/40/18 Hancook v12's respectively. No rubbing issues and I can clear my driveway without much effort.

In my opinion, this is an awesome setup for anyone that's looking to get their suspension done on a budget and still come out with a big smile on your face.

Thanks to @CSG David for the parts and great customer service and @Cross for the installation. Here are a few pics of the ride taken off my phone.

Front passenger before the drop

Front passenger after the drop

Rear passenger after the drop ( forgot to take a before shot )

And finally some general shots. A couple were taken at the 86 Bash in AZ today

Shad0ez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shad0ez For This Useful Post:
ck-GT86 (11-18-2013), Cross (11-18-2013), CSG David (11-18-2013)