follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2015, 09:36 AM   #1
The86Ghost

Drives: 2014 FRS (Whiteout)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Buddy club tail issue

So the other day while walking to my car i unlocked it and noticed that one of the sequential lights has gone out specifically the right taillight top row all the way to the left. I emailed buddyclub a few days ago and they havent responded. I have only had these for a few months any ideas as to what i should do? Im pretty sure you would have to open up the taillight to replace it, not sure though i will look later when i upload the picture. Hopefully they will send me a new one
The86Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The86Ghost View Post
So the other day while walking to my car i unlocked it and noticed that one of the sequential lights has gone out specifically the right taillight top row all the way to the left. I emailed buddyclub a few days ago and they havent responded. I have only had these for a few months any ideas as to what i should do? Im pretty sure you would have to open up the taillight to replace it, not sure though i will look later when i upload the picture. Hopefully they will send me a new one
Definitely wouldn't touch it until they respond. I have had zero issues with mine so far, than god. As for fixing it, yes you would have to take it apart and replace that led
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
The86Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1231 View Post
Definitely wouldn't touch it until they respond. I have had zero issues with mine so far, than god. As for fixing it, yes you would have to take it apart and replace that led
Yeah thats my plan i just hope they get back to me soon
Old 04-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Buddy Club has always been good about responding promptly to the emails I've send them. I had a very small chip on the inside of the black housing on one of my tail lights (manufacturing defect), and they had no hesitations about sending me a new pair and a pre-paid return label for my current ones, but I ended up keeping mine since I had them opti-coated which would cost me $70 to get redone, and other than that they've been great lights with no condensation, or other issues.

Not to sound snarky, but if you emailed them a few days ago - wouldn't that mean that you emailed them on, or just before the weekend? No one is going to be at their facility to answer emails over the weekend.

Anyway, good luck with getting them warrantied, or repaired. I really love my Buddy Club tail lights, and hopefully you can get yours working again soon.

Did you try hitting your hazard button, or turn signal just to confirm that the issue isn't something going on with the signal in the keyfob? You can also flip the switch on the back of the tail light to change the signal to be solid, and see if that helps you identify which lights are having an issue, or not.
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
The86Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammunition View Post
Buddy Club has always been good about responding promptly to the emails I've send them. I had a very small chip on the inside of the black housing on one of my tail lights (manufacturing defect), and they had no hesitations about sending me a new pair and a pre-paid return label for my current ones, but I ended up keeping mine since I had them opti-coated which would cost me $70 to get redone, and other than that they've been great lights with no condensation, or other issues.

Not to sound snarky, but if you emailed them a few days ago - wouldn't that mean that you emailed them on, or just before the weekend? No one is going to be at their facility to answer emails over the weekend.

Anyway, good luck with getting them warrantied, or repaired. I really love my Buddy Club tail lights, and hopefully you can get yours working again soon.

Did you try hitting your hazard button, or turn signal just to confirm that the issue isn't something going on with the signal in the keyfob? You can also flip the switch on the back of the tail light to change the signal to be solid, and see if that helps you identify which lights are having an issue, or not.
This is comforting but i sent them the email last thursday and they havent responded yet. How long did it take with you?
Old 04-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #6
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
This is comforting but i sent them the email last thursday and they havent responded yet. How long did it take with you?
This was already a year ago, so I don't remember exactly, but definitely within the expected 1 - 3 business days. Which email address did you use? You did contact Budy Club USA right, and not Budy Club in Japan?
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote