follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #15
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
When I first got my phone (Note 3) it worked for like a week. Now it connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects, ........
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:37 PM   #16
kdmBRZ

Drives: '14 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
possible solution?

hi guys,

before i got my brz, i came from 13' STi which had the same navi and it kept cutting my bluetooth and disconnecting randomly, not connecting right away...there was a thread i read that had solution which said go into ur bluetooth settings, select ur fone on the list and click "details" and there shuld b "setting" to go into. Then choose connect "from device", not "from headunit" or something like that. Ever since then, i had no problems with bluetooth. Try that!
kdmBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kdmBRZ For This Useful Post:
EAZYBRZY (03-27-2014)
Old 03-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #17
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschnell View Post
I have an s3. I stopped syncing messages and haven't had issues since as well. Phone worked fine for some time with messages on when I first got the car then randomly one day started cutting in and out constantly.
When I had the stock HU, I solved the problem by NOT turning on BT until after the HU had started up. That fixed the problem.

The total fix came when I got a new aftermarket HU. The issue is with the bt software in the HU or the bt hardware in the HU, not in the phone.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #18
thunderlights

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
When I had the stock HU, I solved the problem by NOT turning on BT until after the HU had started up. That fixed the problem.

The total fix came when I got a new aftermarket HU. The issue is with the bt software in the HU or the bt hardware in the HU, not in the phone.
I thought that too until my friend connected his iphone, no problems.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
thunderlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #19
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlights View Post
I thought that too until my friend connected his iphone, no problems.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
That doesn't indicate a problem with the phone, though. When your phone connects up fine to plenty of other BT devices, but has issues with the stock HU in your car, that's more indicative of the hardware/software not really being all that great on the HU. THey made sure it'd work with iPhones and then didn't care if it worked all that well with android, as evidenced by folks needing to go in and change the "connect from" settings.

Despite them no longer being the majority smartphone (most folks use an android phone, among those who use smartphones), most manufacturers who just want to be lazy make things iphone compatible and then only kinda-sorta throw a bone to android.

It's going to bite them in the ass sooner or later if they don't learn now.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
Old 03-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #20
chas3wba0

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
That doesn't indicate a problem with the phone, though. When your phone connects up fine to plenty of other BT devices, but has issues with the stock HU in your car, that's more indicative of the hardware/software not really being all that great on the HU. THey made sure it'd work with iPhones and then didn't care if it worked all that well with android, as evidenced by folks needing to go in and change the "connect from" settings.

Despite them no longer being the majority smartphone (most folks use an android phone, among those who use smartphones), most manufacturers who just want to be lazy make things iphone compatible and then only kinda-sorta throw a bone to android.

It's going to bite them in the ass sooner or later if they don't learn now.
Oddly enough, my HU works almost flawlessly with my S3 but gets glitchy with my gf's iPhone 5. It's almost like it mates to the first OS it ever connects with and then any deviance beyond that causes it to act up (I know that's probably not the case, but it looks like it).

If anything, I think it has the most problems switching between phones after startup. Seems to work fine with the first device it auto-connects to
Old 03-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #21
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas3wba0 View Post
Oddly enough, my HU works almost flawlessly with my S3 but gets glitchy with my gf's iPhone 5. It's almost like it mates to the first OS it ever connects with and then any deviance beyond that causes it to act up (I know that's probably not the case, but it looks like it).

If anything, I think it has the most problems switching between phones after startup. Seems to work fine with the first device it auto-connects to
That seems to be the case with most HU's. They're designed to be connected to one phone most of the time. If phones change, it's assumed that it's b/c the other isn't present. I'd say, connect the iPhone via USB and android via BT and only use the Android for BT, don't turn on bt on the iPhone.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
Old 04-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #22
WyreNut

Drives: Firestorm Red FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just received the 4.3 update to my S3, and now I've lost the ability for Artist/Track name display on the FRS standard hu...

Mildly irritating. I've deleted pairings on both the car and the phone, re-paired, same result! Arrgh.

WyreNut
WyreNut is offline   Reply With Quote