follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2020, 03:40 AM   #197
Conti93

Drives: Toyota GT86 First Edition 53/86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
[...]the BRZ ones are the first ones actually created so it has most of the graphics and some of the graphics for other markets like the GT86 in japan[...]
[...]So easy to turn a Gt86 to a BRZ cluster but not the other way around via eeprom setting[...]
Wait, wouldn't it be the opposite?
Sorry, never had a look at the NOR, could you please tell me what would it take to convert an EU BRZ cluster to an 86 cluster? Would I need to reflash the NOR or the EEPROM should suffice?

By the way, did you read the NOR in-place or did you desolder it?
Conti93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #198
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conti93 View Post
Wait, wouldn't it be the opposite?
Sorry, never had a look at the NOR, could you please tell me what would it take to convert an EU BRZ cluster to an 86 cluster? Would I need to reflash the NOR or the EEPROM should suffice?

By the way, did you read the NOR in-place or did you desolder it?
Nope, These cars are mostly made/designed by subaru so. even the code on different modules reflect that. The cluster is no exception. But not sure, that matters is the year of the cluster too if you want to go from brz to 86 via (eeprom settings) but if you wanna forsure go from brz to 86 you will also have to flash the NOR memory. You can do this by desoldering, flashing and resoldering. I don't have to much expense on EU clusters as i see mostly from USDM, CANADA, or sometimes JP. But thats it. I know that some EU setting may also change also what doors open (passenger vs driver LHD RHD)
Old 09-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #199
FT86.ca

Drives: '15 BRZ, '05 Acura TL
Does anyone have the resistor values handy for the controls handy? I figure R1 and R2 are high value ones and are the same. R6 can be replace the 2 resistors and R3, R4, R5???

I've searched high and low and search only came up with the audio controls side which I don't need.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

FT86.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:47 AM   #200
richardbowen

Drives: model 2011
Thank you for the great thread.
richardbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:22 AM   #201
Gt86denmark

Drives: 2012 gt86 manual :)
Hi!

I have just done the cluster swap. I have a LHD 86 and got a RHD cluster. So I changed the original bin on the eeprom with a bin from a LHD version. I’ve installed it back into the car. It works fine the first couple of hours, but then it starts cascading with problems. First the trip button becomes unresponsive, and the odometer and fuel level will stay on even tho the car is turned off. Then the odometer will zero itself. And if I keep it installed it will start giving me brake failure, srs failure and blinking and beeping.
I’ve changed it to the original bin file, and no dice.

Does anyone know what’s going on? I feel like something’s shorting, but I can’t figure out where. I also have a sneaky suspension that I might have knocked off a resistor somewhere, can anyone confirm this?

Cheers Emil
Attached Images

Gt86denmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:39 AM   #202
Futaba

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
geraldjust, I'm curious about a whole bunch of different things, so I'll just list them.

Firstly, is mileage always stored in KM? for example if you had a UK model vehicle and dumped the 93C86, would the mileage be stored in KM, or Miles?

Secondly, If you were doing what I'll soon be undertaking, which was swapping out a cluster that displayed mileage in KM and speed in KMH, with a UK cluster, would I be editing the 93C86 of the new cluster with the same values pulled from the old cluster, or would I need to manually convert KM to M and write the M value to the new cluster instead?

Third, If not switching to a facelift cluster, (JDM cluster to UK cluster), would the UK cluster need to come from a push start vehicle to work in my JDM push start car (no immo coding), or would it not matter?

Thanks, definitely an interesting topic for sure!
Futaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:45 AM   #203
Han

Drives: brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post

EDIT: its is a 2K resistor not 2.2 corrected it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT86.ca View Post
Does anyone have the resistor values handy for the controls handy? I figure R1 and R2 are high value ones and are the same. R6 can be replace the 2 resistors and R3, R4, R5???

I've searched high and low and search only came up with the audio controls side which I don't need.

Thanks in advance.

Hello geraldjust,

Do you mean all the resistors value are the same ? 2k all of them?
Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 07:16 AM   #204
reh8388

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S Release Series 2.0
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT86.ca View Post

Thanks in advance.
Check out this thread.
reh8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:03 AM   #205
FRZ

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Looking to do a cluster swap with 2017 BRZ into my 2013 BRZ. Only remaining thing i'm stuck on is determining what to program into eeprom chip to correct the mileage.

Does anyone have the secret sauce on how to decode the eeprom bin files for a LHD Canadian 2017 BRZ cluster? i.e. which lines and characters represent total mileage, trip computer mileage etc. What is the correct format to convert mileage into the required hex format?
FRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #206
BRZ_Mobin17

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ (silver)
Hello all,
I've read the whole thread and see everyone is swapping 17+ to older models. But I have a 2017 BRZ Premium (key ignition) and want to do the swap. Will it be a plug and play, or what exactly do I need? Thank you in advance!
BRZ_Mobin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:38 AM   #207
GeorgesLab

Drives: BRZ Limited 2016
Hello everybody, I like to get 2017+ BRZ cluster or GT86 with black gauges. Problem is that in Europe is impossible to get it (for reasonable price). Would be anybody willing to sell it to me? My idea is if anybody hav possibility to get it from junkyard and then send to me with payment in advance. Just tell me your price .

GeorgesLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:52 AM   #208
Yenyaw

Drives: 2014 Toyota GT86
Hi All,

Im from across the pond in the UK and:
I stumbled across this post when searching for upgrades to do on my GT86, and doing the cluster upgrade seems like the only thing im missing inside. Anyway, i have bought myself the digital cluster and ordered the menu button from geraldproject (should be here any day now.) However, although im quite confident with soldering, im not so confident with the eeprom programming, i know my way around a computer, but altering components i know could have disastrous effects, so, is there a programmer and software thats going to work without any problems? All i need to do is get the mileage updated on the new cluster
Yenyaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:34 PM   #209
jtiptonk

Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ Limited 2.0
Garage
Hi does anyone know if the AT sport/snow modes are tied to the cluster? If i do the retrofit, I won't loose these right?
Old 02-22-2023, 04:20 PM   #210
Luns

Drives: 2017 GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiptonk View Post
Hi does anyone know if the AT sport/snow modes are tied to the cluster? If i do the retrofit, I won't loose these right?
Those go straight to the Transmission Control Module and don’t involve the cluster. Nothing to worry about.

Last edited by Luns; 04-15-2023 at 04:34 PM.
Luns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luns For This Useful Post:
jtiptonk (04-05-2023)