follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, ngabdala

Old 02-27-2015, 02:13 AM   #981
FR-S.13

Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I picked up a Raceseng reverse lockout in red and a Slammer knob in wrinkle black a couple weeks ago. Haven't installed them yet because 1. I'm lazy and 2. It's been cold as balls in Ohio, but once I do, I'll be sure to post up on them. My initial impression of the parts, quality wise, is excellent. A bit pricey, but I believe you get what you pay for. Well done Jarrett.
FR-S.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S.13 For This Useful Post:
Raceseng (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #982
rlpaul

Drives: point A to point C. Screw point B!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S.13 View Post
I picked up a Raceseng reverse lockout in red and a Slammer knob in wrinkle black a couple weeks ago. Haven't installed them yet because 1. I'm lazy and 2. It's been cold as balls in Ohio, but once I do, I'll be sure to post up on them. My initial impression of the parts, quality wise, is excellent. A bit pricey, but I believe you get what you pay for. Well done Jarrett.
Yeah, I think Ohio is up for some warmer weather soon, ugh. I have several items waiting to install that I'm just not going to until we get some warm (40s) weather.

The lockout is great, you'll like it. The red is just about perfect to compliment the red stitching. Will be a little cold this time of year though...

A little annoying to get the old one out if you don't have the exact sized punch, but its worth it. Took me about 10 minutes and several tries just because my punch was too small. Installing the RaceSeng took all of 30 seconds.
rlpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlpaul For This Useful Post:
FR-S.13 (02-27-2015), Raceseng (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #983
FR-S.13

Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpaul View Post
Yeah, I think Ohio is up for some warmer weather soon, ugh. I have several items waiting to install that I'm just not going to until we get some warm (40s) weather.

The lockout is great, you'll like it. The red is just about perfect to compliment the red stitching. Will be a little cold this time of year though...

A little annoying to get the old one out if you don't have the exact sized punch, but its worth it. Took me about 10 minutes and several tries just because my punch was too small. Installing the RaceSeng took all of 30 seconds.
It cannot warm up soon enough!!!
Judging from the pictures in this thread, it does seem that the red lockout is a very good match, so I'm really pleased about that. I chose the wrinkle black knob because I wanted something fairly close to oem, but not too close. I picked up the punch set from Home Depot that was suggested previously, so I'm ready to go once it's remotely warm. Thanks for the heads up!
FR-S.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S.13 For This Useful Post:
Raceseng (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #984
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Drives: '15 Series.Blue BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I'm looking at the blue reverse lockout and I know i'm being very picky here, but I would love if this went well with the Series.Blue stitching that I have. The stitching is a tad bit darker than the reverse lockout blue...
Old 02-27-2015, 11:27 PM   #985
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Drove 60 miles with my Slammer and reverse lockout and I love it! The shifts are just buttery smooth now. Did not expect this at all, so now I'm going to save some money and skip out on the MTEC springs I had planned. My main concern when I initially saw it was "Damn, this thing is huge" but I've gotten used to it. In a perfect world, the knob would be a tad bit smaller or I'd have bigger hands :P

Jarrett @ Raceseng was very helpful in answering questions I had before and after my purchase. I somehow noticed a scuff on the knob after I installed it but Raceseng is helping me out on that
Attached Images

tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tracerit For This Useful Post:
Raceseng (02-28-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #986
Raceseng

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1UP View Post
I'm looking at the blue reverse lockout and I know i'm being very picky here, but I would love if this went well with the Series.Blue stitching that I have. The stitching is a tad bit darker than the reverse lockout blue...
The match might be closer then you think but there is only so much I can do when it comes to matching every make and model blue color.
Raceseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #987
Raceseng

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
Drove 60 miles with my Slammer and reverse lockout and I love it! The shifts are just buttery smooth now. Did not expect this at all, so now I'm going to save some money and skip out on the MTEC springs I had planned. My main concern when I initially saw it was "Damn, this thing is huge" but I've gotten used to it. In a perfect world, the knob would be a tad bit smaller or I'd have bigger hands :P

Jarrett @ Raceseng was very helpful in answering questions I had before and after my purchase. I somehow noticed a scuff on the knob after I installed it but Raceseng is helping me out on that
Thanks! Just a heads up that you can drop the shift knob down closer to the reverse lockout. I'd say it can easily go down another 1/4". Just make sure you can get the car in reverse after making the adjustment.
Raceseng is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raceseng For This Useful Post:
tracerit (02-28-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 02:58 AM   #988
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Drives: '15 Series.Blue BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceseng View Post
The match might be closer then you think but there is only so much I can do when it comes to matching every make and model blue color.
Oh, I wasn't knocking on you guys. Sorry if it came out that way. I'm still going to buy the combo, it's just a matter of gaining the funds now and then using it for this awesome set.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:10 AM   #989
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceseng View Post
Thanks! Just a heads up that you can drop the shift knob down closer to the reverse lockout. I'd say it can easily go down another 1/4". Just make sure you can get the car in reverse after making the adjustment.
Just did this and now I get the metallic click I've been longing for. Sooo satisfying!
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:17 PM   #990
spicyricecake

Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ Performance Package
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/42493

anybody have one of these installed?
spicyricecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:25 PM   #991
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
New knob! I got bored with the WC Lathe Werks Piston and got the @Raceseng Slammer in Translucent Charcoal. I love it.

Sent from my XT1095
JDsThatGuy (04-08-2015), Raceseng (04-03-2015), raven1231 (04-10-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 11:40 PM   #992
KiddCoast

Drives: 2015 pearl white Fr-S
i REALLYY want to swap my stock knob with one that's an NFL Chargers helmet. Any advice.
KiddCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:11 AM   #993
BRAWL

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS Velocity Orange
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddCoast View Post
i REALLYY want to swap my stock knob with one that's an NFL Chargers helmet. Any advice.
If youre handy enough or know a machinist then it can be done easy enough. The mini helmets you get are about the right size for a shift knob, just need a metal insert jobbed up on the lathe to suit.

Wedge the insert in and glue then put a few layers of laquer over the whole job to protect it. Can be made to look good.

Failing that, mock up a 3d model using an iage of the helmet for reference, take it to a machinist to make in a cnc (including gear pattern on top) OR use a 3d printer.

Either way, make alittle project out it for yourself if you're keen. Shame you won't win anything with a Chargers helmet GO BRONCOS!
BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #994
DieselDog
Shift it or lose it

Drives: 2014 FRS, 2003 Celica GT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFourFive View Post
Nice, same spot I put my rokform adaptor.

I bought something to angle it towards me though.
DieselDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knobs