follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Drives: #0239 FRS 10 series silver ignition
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
OFT tune closest to Vishnu 1.1

whats going on everyone,
I've got yet one more question (but doesn't everyone haha), so I ordered an OFT a couple days ago and I'm waiting for it to come in so I can tamper with the torque dip for as much as I can at least. the guy I bought it from said it hasn't been used in a while so I have to connect it to my computer and update it yada yada yada. anyways, I've got the Open Flash manager installed on my computer and was wondering if they updated the tunes to be even better than the Vishnu 1.1 tune? from the dyno sheets it looks like a great tune. are there newer tunes that are even better? I'm trying to get rid of that torque valley if that matters. any dyno sheets comparing OFT tunes? I'm going to be running stage 1 since I don't have headers yet but I am looking into cutting the cat off a stock pair of headers so then I will be able to run stage 2 but that is down the line. if there is another thread with this information please redirect me. sorry if this has been asked a million times I just couldnt find the newest tunes.
Drop in K&N filter, CX Racing oil cooler, Tomei Expreme UEL headers, Invidia N1 Catback, OFT stage 2, Raceland coilovers, stage one Exedy clutch kit, Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS street pads
10 series #0239
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I don't think that there is a thread with dyno results from the latest V2.0x tunes. I never ran the V1.x tunes so I cant speak from experience, however I did run the V2.0x tune and had no complaints. Just don't expect massive power gain

When you download the V2.0x tunes to you computer, Shiv included some release note about what has changed. Most of them are different roms being added. Heres a quick overview.

"OTS Map Revision History:

9/17/13
v1.1 Changes:
-Revised VVT mapping in the 2800-3800rpm range for improved torque. Modified fine learning load
ranges. Minor fuel and ignition table re-mapping.

10/03/13
v1.2 Changes:
-Revised VVT mapping for enhanced knock resistance in the 2500-3500rpm range at partial throttle.
-Added 6AT USDM ROM support for ZA1J700D, ZA1J900D and ZA1JA01D. ZA1JA00D will be added once we receive a copy of the ROM from a customer.
-Added XDF file for 6AT ROM (ZA1J___D v1.0beta.xdf). As the name of the file suggests, it isn't complete. Many of the table X and Y axises aren't define yet. To determine X and Y axis values when tuning, you can look at the 6MT XDF (ZA1J___C v2.4.xdf) for reference.
-Add stock tune ROM file in each ROM folder. This is useful for comparison purposes (i.e., comparing stock mapping to the mapping in our OTS tune files). Please not that this is not necessarily the stock ROM.

10/23/13
v1.31beta Changes:
-Revised Ignition Advance mapping for all tune files for improved knock resistance.
-Updated XDF files to include DTC limits for MAF and MAP sensors (for turbo/sc use)
-Added the missing ZAJAOOD files. The XDF file for USDM 6AT (ZA1J___D v1.2.xdf) is still incomplete as some of the tables have undefined X and Y axis values.
-Added Stage 2 mapping for all ROM types. This is intended to be used in cars with catless headers (equal-length or unequal length). Use of the stock airbox is also recommended.
-Removed AirRaid Intake maps since the stock airbox provides more stable MAF readings. Shortening/ID enlarging of the air intake duct/snorkel (behind bumper cover) also yields additional improvements.

5/24/14
v1.60b
-Tuned map support for only USDM ROMs
-Revised Knock Correction Max Advance table for improved knock resistance during cruise
-Revised Exhaust VVT table for reduced induction noise in the 2500-3500rpm range
-Revised MAF scaling for Stg1 maps for better drivability and AFR targetting

7/24/14
v2.0b
-Tune map support for only USDM ROMs
-All ROMs are based on latest factory software (B01C and B01D)
-91oct, 93oct and E85 maps are available.
-New XML files for all USDM ROMs. If you want to edit the OTS map, you MUST use the supplied beta XMLs. Delete the old XML file from your ROM Raider folder as they are not longer applicable."
Old 03-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
I don't think that there is a thread with dyno results from the latest V2.0x tunes. I never ran the V1.x tunes so I cant speak from experience, however I did run the V2.0x tune and had no complaints. Just don't expect massive power gain

When you download the V2.0x tunes to you computer, Shiv included some release note about what has changed. Most of them are different roms being added. Heres a quick overview.

"OTS Map Revision History:

9/17/13
v1.1 Changes:
-Revised VVT mapping in the 2800-3800rpm range for improved torque. Modified fine learning load
ranges. Minor fuel and ignition table re-mapping.

10/03/13
v1.2 Changes:
-Revised VVT mapping for enhanced knock resistance in the 2500-3500rpm range at partial throttle.
-Added 6AT USDM ROM support for ZA1J700D, ZA1J900D and ZA1JA01D. ZA1JA00D will be added once we receive a copy of the ROM from a customer.
-Added XDF file for 6AT ROM (ZA1J___D v1.0beta.xdf). As the name of the file suggests, it isn't complete. Many of the table X and Y axises aren't define yet. To determine X and Y axis values when tuning, you can look at the 6MT XDF (ZA1J___C v2.4.xdf) for reference.
-Add stock tune ROM file in each ROM folder. This is useful for comparison purposes (i.e., comparing stock mapping to the mapping in our OTS tune files). Please not that this is not necessarily the stock ROM.

10/23/13
v1.31beta Changes:
-Revised Ignition Advance mapping for all tune files for improved knock resistance.
-Updated XDF files to include DTC limits for MAF and MAP sensors (for turbo/sc use)
-Added the missing ZAJAOOD files. The XDF file for USDM 6AT (ZA1J___D v1.2.xdf) is still incomplete as some of the tables have undefined X and Y axis values.
-Added Stage 2 mapping for all ROM types. This is intended to be used in cars with catless headers (equal-length or unequal length). Use of the stock airbox is also recommended.
-Removed AirRaid Intake maps since the stock airbox provides more stable MAF readings. Shortening/ID enlarging of the air intake duct/snorkel (behind bumper cover) also yields additional improvements.

5/24/14
v1.60b
-Tuned map support for only USDM ROMs
-Revised Knock Correction Max Advance table for improved knock resistance during cruise
-Revised Exhaust VVT table for reduced induction noise in the 2500-3500rpm range
-Revised MAF scaling for Stg1 maps for better drivability and AFR targetting

7/24/14
v2.0b
-Tune map support for only USDM ROMs
-All ROMs are based on latest factory software (B01C and B01D)
-91oct, 93oct and E85 maps are available.
-New XML files for all USDM ROMs. If you want to edit the OTS map, you MUST use the supplied beta XMLs. Delete the old XML file from your ROM Raider folder as they are not longer applicable."
Awesome! is there anyway you could send me a link to get the latest update from shiv? or would I go straight to him? I know nothing about this OFT tune yet and I'm ecstatic to learn.
Drop in K&N filter, CX Racing oil cooler, Tomei Expreme UEL headers, Invidia N1 Catback, OFT stage 2, Raceland coilovers, stage one Exedy clutch kit, Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS street pads
10 series #0239
Old 03-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #4
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Here ya go.
http://www.openflashtablet.com/downloads/
You're going to want the first two downloads.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #5
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Thissen View Post
Here ya go.
http://www.openflashtablet.com/downloads/
You're going to want the first two downloads.
sick man! ill be back on here for sure asking questions hahaha my new toy comes in tomorrow
10 series #0239
The Following User Says Thank You to LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo For This Useful Post:
D_Thissen (03-16-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #6
Darkrune

Drives: 2017 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What happened to Vishnu tuning? I have been gone since 2014 and have no idea what happened. I just got back into a 86, so I pumped because I still have my OFT and old parts.
Darkrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #7
Qadthane

Drives: 2013 FR-S in Asphalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrune View Post
What happened to Vishnu tuning? I have been gone since 2014 and have no idea what happened. I just got back into a 86, so I pumped because I still have my OFT and old parts.
Nothing happened to them. They are lining up beta testers for their V3 tunes right now. You came back at a good time.
Qadthane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #8
Darkrune

Awesome. I am glad to see things are still goin strong. Is there another thread that has more info on V3 tunes etc? Thanks for the reply!
Old 05-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #9
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,146 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure the 2.0 tunes fill in the top side of the dip. Butt Dyno agrees but that a-hole is pretty unreliable (dudum-pst). There is a thread somewhere on here where it was discussed. I think there were dyno charts posted.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #10
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,146 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Lol just saw this was from 2 months ago.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:17 AM   #11
Darkrune

This thread is a little old, but my posts are fresh.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tags
oft, open flash tablet, tune, vinshu