follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #43
DBacon1052

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus View Post
people still buy it so that's why they do it.
Then we should all go on a buyers strike!
DBacon1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #44
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post
Look at porsche parts and youll redefine what expensive me ants; its all relative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewbj View Post
My last car was a Infiniti M45 and they make absolutely nothing for it in the US. Everything had to be sourced from VIP makers in Japan and nobody stocked it so it all required crazy shipping.

Everything cost an arm and a leg, bodykits started at $4,000 and the only performance mod was a stroker motor from IMPUL for $15,000.

The car before that was a 911 and those parts make the parts for our cars look like they should be sold in walmart.

I am very happy with the offerings and price points for parts for this car.
anything "german" is prohibitively expensive!
they don't give ANYTHING away,which explains why they get every dime for their cars,and there is really nothin' special about 'em,except,of course the pricing!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #45
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap5512 View Post
I suppose when talking about OEM "parts" I expect to be price gouged. Someone posted that the chrome fender trim/grill is nothing but double sided 3M tape that goes on top of the stock trim...something like this shouldn't cost a lot of $$$ (regardless of YEN/USD conversion). I am not complaining because at the end of the day you're either going to fork it over or you're not. I just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way. I plan on doing mods to this car but looks like it's going to be a very slow journey {:?o)
i feel that way too! if i am going to be f**ked,i prefer to be
kissed first!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #46
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap5512 View Post
I suppose when talking about OEM "parts" I expect to be price gouged. Someone posted that the chrome fender trim/grill is nothing but double sided 3M tape that goes on top of the stock trim...something like this shouldn't cost a lot of $$$ (regardless of YEN/USD conversion). I am not complaining because at the end of the day you're either going to fork it over or you're not. I just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way. I plan on doing mods to this car but looks like it's going to be a very slow journey {:?o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBacon1052 View Post
Then we should all go on a buyers strike!
i agree! if no body bought the stuff,it would force 'em to
lower the pricing, ie: no demand!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #47
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC POD View Post
A. Not to go off on a tangent about my iPhone, I will say...if you knew me, you would know I could give two shits about many "for the masses"- 1. Sports (boring as sin) 2. main stream music 3. Fashion. Trust me...My phone is not to impress anyone.

B. It's not the basis in which I would not buy parts, it is the Principal...Understand I'm not here to War on Principal vs. Fact, I choose to NOT buy parts that Common Sense tells me are grossly overpriced, and are only priced as such because people are willing to pay as much. That being said, my iPhone held an MSRP of almost $400. I chose NOT to pay that much until an opportunity arose where a deal could be made (in that case it was half off said MSRP). If one chooses to pay $750 for a $30 Plastic Injected Fashion accessory, then makers will sell it at that mark up. However, it does not make it right...We can go on All Day about this.

DONE>
this is "dead nuts" accurate! again! if you make the choice NOT to pay,then the price WILL drop!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #48
cslntuee

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Higher prices ensure more exclusivity. Plenty of times I've avoided a product because it felt like EVERYONE else had them (see: Rota anything). I paid for the rear under spoiler (I refuse to call it a "diffuser", even if Subaru's marketing calls it that) and the only thing that made me upset about it was that in April it listed as $800, but throughout the year it dropped to $695, but I was locked into the $800. The more compliments it receives, though, the more the price is justified, which, in the end, is how a lot of us handle the price-gouging.

Trust me, I've been trying to justify all of the JDM BRZ STI parts that are for sale for a while now: $700 side skirts? $1800 muffler? $250 brake pads for either front OR rear? $300 front OR rear springs? Over $100 for an STI push start button? However, when you see them on someone else's car, you can't help, but to drool over them (at least most of us can't help it). This is why the prices stay where they are.

I'm not into replicas or half-assed products. You get what you pay for, which is why I have no interest in the HTAutos front lip spoiler.
Any people know what’s material for the JDM STI front lip and side skirts?
http://www.sti.jp/parts/catalogue/brz_zc6/4.html
Any local US dealer can help to import this with relative low price?
Thank you.
cslntuee is offline   Reply With Quote