follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 06-10-2020, 08:00 AM   #70813
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Even it’s opened? Cuz I’m not spending dime to ship this pos back, unless they paid me.
Should* be on them if they are the ones who messed it up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #70814
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,304 Times in 7,368 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Even it’s opened? Cuz I’m not spending dime to ship this pos back, unless they paid me.
I would tell them you want to return it because it is not what you ordered, and then mention it is also damaged. Sometimes they will make you file a claim with the shipper if you just tell them it's damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
"PD" - ?

It is a bypass of traction control. Even holding the trac off button for 3 seconds still has some interference.
humfrz (06-10-2020), ichitaka05 (06-10-2020), p1l0t (06-10-2020), Spuds (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #70815
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I never realized music in some of MCM's videos were from Moog's band. I love the synthpop beats!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
MICHAEL450f (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #70816
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,672 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
"PD" - ?

how about you master this whole 'backing up' thing first
humfrz (06-10-2020), NoHaveMSG (06-10-2020), Spuds (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 09:56 PM   #70817
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
how about you master this whole 'backing up' thing first
Oh, OK - but when/if I do - I will want to know if the "PD" - traction control works in the reverse gear? -
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 10:00 PM   #70818
weederr33
Airborne at your service

I'm not sure where to post this question, so I felt it might be fun to get thoughts from you all here! I have decided to create my own LLC and market towards tactical strength and conditioning (i.e. police, first responder, military). The name I was leaning heavily on was Bellerophon Strength. Thoughts on this?

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
humfrz (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 10:23 PM   #70819
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,672 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I'm not sure where to post this question, so I felt it might be fun to get thoughts from you all here! I have decided to create my own LLC and market towards tactical strength and conditioning (i.e. police, first responder, military). The name I was leaning heavily on was Bellerophon Strength. Thoughts on this?
interesting.

Quote:
Bellerophon provides a lesson in the proper relationship between a mortal hero and the gods. When he was young he honored the gods and won their favor, but eventually his pride got the better of him and led to his downfall.

Bellerophon was the son of Poseidon and Eurynome, wife of Glaucus. He was raised by Glaucus who thought Bellerophon was his own son. Considering that both Poseidon and Glaucus were interested in horses, it is not surprising that Bellerophon quested after Pegasus. After many failures, he asked the seer Polyeidus for help.

Following Polyeidus' instructions, he spent the night in a temple of Athena. There, he had a dream that the goddess offered him a magical, golden bridle. He awoke and found the bridle he dreamt about in his hands. He sensibly made a sacrifice to both Athena and Poseidon. Afterwards, he went to the meadow Pegasus was grazing at, and was able to bridle and tame the horse without difficulty. Triumphant in his success, he went to King Pittheus and received permission to marry his daughter Aethra. However, before the marriage, he accidentally killed a man, possibly one of his brothers, and was banished.
there's a thousand different ways to nitpick the origins, spelling, or pronunciation of any name. in this case, i can see how you'd want to define it as the first part of the story, and not the part where he went off a killed a guy...

a name is a name. the definition is on you. if your training is good and has meaningful results, few one are going to care what the name actually is.
Spuds (06-10-2020), weederr33 (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 10:49 PM   #70820
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Well now, first off, I think forming an LLC or a INC, is something like getting married - everyone should try it at least once. -

My only reservation about a name such as Bellerophon is that you might get tired of explaining who Bellerophon was.

I'd suggest you choose a simpler name for your LLC.
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-11-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 10:59 PM   #70821
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
interesting.

there's a thousand different ways to nitpick the origins, spelling, or pronunciation of any name. in this case, i can see how you'd want to define it as the first part of the story, and not the part where he went off a killed a guy...

a name is a name. the definition is on you. if your training is good and has meaningful results, few one are going to care what the name actually is.
Most of the literature I read was the killing before he was banished to fight the Chimera. Though, yeah there is some negative connotations to him. Mostly his hubris which pisses Zeus off. Though it's his unlikely victories and wits in battle that got my attention to most. I planned to play off of the hubris aspect by relating to my own mistakes and over confidence in growing into a far more intelligent person. So as others don't make those mistakes. But yeah, it can be just a name, otherwise, if someone wants a definition, i'lll give my own. haha.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 06-10-2020, 11:02 PM   #70822
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Quote:
Well now, first off, I think forming an LLC or a INC, is something like getting married - everyone should try it at least once. -

My only reservation about a name such as Bellerophon is that you might get tired of explaining who Bellerophon was.

I'd suggest you choose a simpler name for your LLC.
Thanks for the feedback!

The bold is the general response I've gotten from others. They don't know who he was nor do they seem to like saying the name. lol One person even said it was hard to pronounce.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
humfrz (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 12:54 AM   #70823
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,049 Times in 8,324 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Is it wrong of me to say “Fuck it!” and let my work burn themselves down? Literally Deputy Director will not listen to what I gotta say.

I’ll try and calmly explain this.
Some of you guys know that I work at the library. They’re currently planning to do curb side pickup for the patrons. Due to recent riots, we had to relocate the pickup location to underground parking space. From next week, we’ll do it at the original spot they planned... which is on the street. There are few issues.
1. Spot they want to use required to parallel park. I know you guys can parallel park... but average Murican is less than 50% are confident enough to parallel park. We have 3 appointments every 15mins. From noon to 6. So that’s total of 72 times there’s a chance of wreck. She claim, patron shouldn’t have any issues parallel park, even though she can’t do it.
2. That parking space is often taken by ambulance, police &/or fire engine. It’s dead fucking middle downtown. What do you expect. Delivery trucks park taken 1 or 2 parking space there. She claim, There aren’t enough delivery to be concern for the space. (Remember this BS for later)
3. She demand having staff outside on sidewalk w cart to be ready to help the patron. Yes, if we do that, it’ll reduce the time patron staying at the parking space... remember, it’s happening noon to 6pm. It’s fucking roasting HOT outside plus downtown... yeah not happening. Oh did I mention, it’s downtown so it’s not really safe? It’s not crazy like LA or other crazy downtown, but I wouldn’t let female staff stand outside for an hr by herself.
4. We’re located downtown, so we have a lot of patron on foot or bike picking up their materials (1/3 to be correct). She expect all those patron stand on the street parking space and wait for their materials to get given to them. If I was the patron who’s on foot/bike, I’m NOT standing side of the road. I’ll be at sidewalk. But if I stand on the sidewalk, someone in the car can take my spot.

My idea is, near that parking space, there’s a staff entrance (for staff to come in/out & delivery). Using that door. Have 1 door open, put the table and have a staff work from there.
1. If they park in the pickup parking space, we can drop off their materials.
2. Now they don’t have to wait in the line to park or not to fear about parallel park. Cuz they can park wherever they want.
3. We don’t have to have a staff be outside and not yo worried about having face mask tan, burn or worse heatstroke. Plus it’ll be inside, so to certain degree, it’ll somewhat safe.
4. This will keep patron away from the street.

Now, she doesn’t like my idea cuz it’ll get in the away of delivery... even though she claim we don’t get enough delivery to be an issue. Secondly I’m only taking 1 door. Staff entrance have 2 big ass doors. 95% of deliveries will fit w 1 door.

I seriously don’t know why she wanna do it harder way. I asked her “What’s wrong w my plan. Can you tell me what & why my idea doesn’t work. Cuz I can think 99 things wrong & 1 good thing of your plan.” Only thing she said was “Well branch library doesn’t do it this way.” Well branch is branch. Each library is different. I know this curbside pickup gonna fail hard and all she saying is “We’ll try it out. If it doesn’t work, we’ll do it your way.” Yes... cuz changing things goes well by patrons. Have no idea how many patron sweared, yelled & screamed at us for moving the curbside pickup to underground parking (due to riots).

I just wanna tell my boss, I’m going on vacation for few months. Don’t bother contact me...

Sorry for the rant... but had to let it out. Cuz my stress lvl is going up every time I read Deputy Director’s replies. Assistant Director is trying to be middlemen... but not helping.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:19 AM   #70824
humfrz

Quote:
Is it wrong of me to say “Fuck it!” and let my work burn themselves down? Literally Deputy Director will not listen to what I gotta say.
DANG, ichitaka05, I hope you get yourself settled down, before you wind up in an ICU with a ruptured stomach ulcer -

That ain't fun - I know, I spent 5 days in an ICU in Saint Louis with a tube running down each side of my nose, a large tube running down my throat and an IV in each arm, after I lost 4 units of blood.

Now, I have found out over the years that not everyone will agree with your plan. If "the boss" feels they have a better plan, and you want to stay employed there, it's best to go along with their plan (assuming it is legal and doesn't endanger people or property).

As far as the Library (the business) is concerned, it's like they say back in the old country " a second best plan, properly executed, is better that the best plan poorly executed".

I wish you well in resolving your issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (06-11-2020), strat61caster (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 03:21 AM   #70825
humfrz

It was a good day.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (06-11-2020), NoHaveMSG (06-11-2020), ScoobsMcGee (06-11-2020), soundman98 (06-12-2020), Spuds (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 06:21 AM   #70826
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

I’ll try and calmly explain this.
Some of you guys know that I work at the library. They’re currently planning to do curb side pickup for the patrons. Due to recent riots, we had to relocate the pickup location to underground parking space. From next week, we’ll do it at the original spot they planned... which is on the street. There are few issues.
1. Spot they want to use required to parallel park. I know you guys can parallel park... but average Murican is less than 50% are confident enough to parallel park. We have 3 appointments every 15mins. From noon to 6. So that’s total of 72 times there’s a chance of wreck. She claim, patron shouldn’t have any issues parallel park, even though she can’t do it.
2. That parking space is often taken by ambulance, police &/or fire engine. It’s dead fucking middle downtown. What do you expect. Delivery trucks park taken 1 or 2 parking space there. She claim, There aren’t enough delivery to be concern for the space. (Remember this BS for later)
3. She demand having staff outside on sidewalk w cart to be ready to help the patron. Yes, if we do that, it’ll reduce the time patron staying at the parking space... remember, it’s happening noon to 6pm. It’s fucking roasting HOT outside plus downtown... yeah not happening. Oh did I mention, it’s downtown so it’s not really safe? It’s not crazy like LA or other crazy downtown, but I wouldn’t let female staff stand outside for an hr by herself.
4. We’re located downtown, so we have a lot of patron on foot or bike picking up their materials (1/3 to be correct). She expect all those patron stand on the street parking space and wait for their materials to get given to them. If I was the patron who’s on foot/bike, I’m NOT standing side of the road. I’ll be at sidewalk. But if I stand on the sidewalk, someone in the car can take my spot.

My idea is, near that parking space, there’s a staff entrance (for staff to come in/out & delivery). Using that door. Have 1 door open, put the table and have a staff work from there.
1. If they park in the pickup parking space, we can drop off their materials.
2. Now they don’t have to wait in the line to park or not to fear about parallel park. Cuz they can park wherever they want.
3. We don’t have to have a staff be outside and not yo worried about having face mask tan, burn or worse heatstroke. Plus it’ll be inside, so to certain degree, it’ll somewhat safe.
4. This will keep patron away from the street.

Now, she doesn’t like my idea cuz it’ll get in the away of delivery... even though she claim we don’t get enough delivery to be an issue. Secondly I’m only taking 1 door. Staff entrance have 2 big ass doors. 95% of deliveries will fit w 1 door.

I seriously don’t know why she wanna do it harder way. I asked her “What’s wrong w my plan. Can you tell me what & why my idea doesn’t work. Cuz I can think 99 things wrong & 1 good thing of your plan.” Only thing she said was “Well branch library doesn’t do it this way.” Well branch is branch. Each library is different. I know this curbside pickup gonna fail hard and all she saying is “We’ll try it out. If it doesn’t work, we’ll do it your way.” Yes... cuz changing things goes well by patrons. Have no idea how many patron sweared, yelled & screamed at us for moving the curbside pickup to underground parking (due to riots).

I just wanna tell my boss, I’m going on vacation for few months. Don’t bother contact me...

Sorry for the rant... but had to let it out. Cuz my stress lvl is going up every time I read Deputy Director’s replies. Assistant Director is trying to be middlemen... but not helping.
Easy

(801) 530-6855

Utah OSHA Safety & Health, Phone

Anonymous complaint.

You have a valid complaint about the workers safety.

The parking and such not so much but irrelevant to OSHA anyway.
ichitaka05 (06-11-2020), Spuds (06-11-2020), strat61caster (06-11-2020), Ultramaroon (06-12-2020)
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis