follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #239
Conman

Drives: Red FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Brian V is rude, vindictive, and impossible to communicate with. This whole company should get flushed down the shitter. What an awful business.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (08-29-2019), daftpunk (09-06-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 01:56 PM   #240
AutoNewb

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Sterling Silver
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd put my 2 cents in. FT86Speedfactory is just too understaffed.

I ordered a FT86SF Brand short shifter. They have a policy where you can cancel the order at any time BEFORE it ships to get a refund. I found that I have an aluminium driveshaft and read up that short shifters and aluminum drive shafts dont fit together. A couple hours I placed the order. I made a request for a refund for said reason. I didnt receive a reply for a couple of days. They already shipped it when I specifically emailed for a refund. Obviously the customer service department and the shipping department are not talking to each other. Long story short.. Brian V said just ship it back to us and i'll get a refund. All is well and I have my refund.

I still got what I wanted but it was an inconvenience due to their lack of communication internally to their company. They do GREAT PR with Youtube. They just need more employees. If management does not reassess their business strategy, they will definitely suffer.

Hell... You cant even CALL them. I can go to the biggest local tuner shop in my area and get someone on the phone.
AutoNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #241
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
I have had mixed experiences with them having placed well over 10 orders over the last 1.5 years of various $ amounts. Ive never had problem contacting them. Emailed yesterday for tracking on my package ordered Friday. He emailed me early this morning with tracking and package was already delivered in mailbox yesterday.

Main issue I've had is they never send tracking anymore and have to contact them for it. Haven't had issue cancelling an order that hasn't shipped, or getting missing parts sent out, just had to take a picture of what i received.

Also i think they recently downsized the warehouse and have a lot less inventory stocked now so a lot is on backorder. Just check it says in stock, and not ships from factory.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:02 PM   #242
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Also i think they recently downsized the warehouse and have a lot less inventory stocked now so a lot is on backorder. Just check it says in stock, and not ships from factory.
Even if it says in stock it is not. Most of the time they drop ship from the manufacturer or distributor. This makes business sense as you don't have to buy the part until you have sold it. That is not an issue but they need to make sure it is done right. I had a thread about my last experience and it was the last for me. Maybe my standards are too high, I did run the parts sales/distribution side of my company for a while and prioritized customer service.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
Conman (08-27-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #243
Conman

I had to badger them with like 20 emails for them to agree to send me my order. Says "IN stock" on their site, well its been back order for 2 months. I guess they dont have a clue if its in stock or not. Still dont have my item after over 2 months of back and forth with their customer service idiots.. Making a report to the BBB
The Following User Says Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (09-09-2019)
Old 08-27-2019, 09:02 PM   #244
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
I had to badger them with like 20 emails for them to agree to send me my order. Says "IN stock" on their site, well its been back order for 2 months. I guess they dont have a clue if its in stock or not. Still dont have my item after over 2 months of back and forth with their customer service idiots.. Making a report to the BBB
What item?
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:16 PM   #245
Conman

Said "IN stock" when i ordered. Then they didn't tell me anything until i got my order and it was missing.. I emailed them to find out its on back order and wont be here until end of july... End of july comes and nothing. Send a flurry of emails, now its the end of august and still no part... NOw i see they relisted it as in stock so I Emailed again and was assured it is now on the way. Lol awful people really. Still dont have tracking number.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Conman For This Useful Post:
Grady (09-21-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 11:44 AM   #246
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Even if it says in stock it is not. Most of the time they drop ship from the manufacturer or distributor. This makes business sense as you don't have to buy the part until you have sold it. That is not an issue but they need to make sure it is done right. I had a thread about my last experience and it was the last for me. Maybe my standards are too high, I did run the parts sales/distribution side of my company for a while and prioritized customer service.
Customer service is a dying art, much like hand shakes.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #247
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Customer service is a dying art, much like hand shakes.
It's a lot easier to lose customers, then it is to gain them. All you have to do is do what you say you are going to do.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (09-09-2019), new2subaru (09-09-2019), Ultramaroon (09-09-2019)
Old 09-20-2019, 01:43 AM   #248
theadmiral976

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
SubiSpeed has done something to FT86SF in the last few months. What a shitshow. I had nothing but good experiences with them for around two dozen orders across 4.5 years; now they are impossible to work with between incorrect inventory counts to wildly inaccurate shipping estimates, particularly for items shipping "from the factory."

A simple phone call would fix a lot of these issues but apparently they cut their phone line too...

Perhaps they need to stop driving around and crashing their test cars all over the US (see their YT page) and increase their customer service efforts...
theadmiral976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #249
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
Said "IN stock" when i ordered. Then they didn't tell me anything until i got my order and it was missing.. I emailed them to find out its on back order and wont be here until end of july... End of july comes and nothing. Send a flurry of emails, now its the end of august and still no part... NOw i see they relisted it as in stock so I Emailed again and was assured it is now on the way. Lol awful people really. Still dont have tracking number.

Had a similar issue with the same part from them. Then I made a mistake in the order and only ordered one. Ordered the other one and had to pay shipping. Emailed them to see if they would go above and beyond customer service since the one that was going to be shipped for free had not shipped yet. Wanted to see if they would combine the two and wave the shipping on the second one. Told them the whole story of my mistake. Their reply email was it was basically, not our mistake so F you! This was on an order just north of $1k. It was not the fact they would not go above and beyond it was the way they handled it.

Yes they have been moved to my Black List. There are to many other companies out there that will take care of you!
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #250
Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
Had a similar issue with the same part from them. Then I made a mistake in the order and only ordered one. Ordered the other one and had to pay shipping. Emailed them to see if they would go above and beyond customer service since the one that was going to be shipped for free had not shipped yet. Wanted to see if they would combine the two and wave the shipping on the second one. Told them the whole story of my mistake. Their reply email was it was basically, not our mistake so F you! This was on an order just north of $1k. It was not the fact they would not go above and beyond it was the way they handled it.

Yes they have been moved to my Black List. There are to many other companies out there that will take care of you!

Yeah I did the same thing. Ordered 1 rear brake rotor. Because their website is intentional deceptive. The description says “Performance package Rotors” “rear Rotors” I thought clearly it was for a set of 2 rear rotors. They told me to go F myself as well.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:20 PM   #251
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Given these issues I think I'm going to find other vendors for parts. On their YouTube videos, there's comments about people's orders having issues too. Luckily I dont need much for my car outside maintenance stuff now. But in the event I plan to add something new, I'm certain I can find it on Kamispeed or other sites.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Conman (09-29-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 12:35 AM   #252
XdjlX

Drives: rx7
Hello,

This is David From FT86SpeedFactory, and I would like to apologize for the lack of customer service that has been provided recently. I know I have worked with a number of you in the past, and hope to do so in the future as well. We have undergone some changes recently that were not beneficial to the customers shopping experience.

The biggest change was that we upgraded to a new ERP. This was a huge undertaking, and while it will be beneficial in the end, the learning curve on the new software really slowed us down and put us extremely far behind. I am sure some of you experienced the extended delay in responses. The plus side to this is that orders should process much faster. Pretty much if the item is in stock, it will be sent to the warehouse for shipment in minutes of the order being placed, rather than days. However, this is software, and issues do occur, so if the item shows in stock, and you have not received a tracking update in 1-2 business days, please let us know.

We are finally getting the hang of the software, and are getting caught up on emails around mid-week, and responding typically within 24 business hours or sooner towards the end. I would like to get caught up earlier in the week, but the weekend can cause a bit of backlog for us to sort through come Monday.

I know one of the main complaints is, that we are hard to get a hold of. With us being more caught up, it should help the situation. However, we understand that some issues need to be addressed in a much more urgent fashion. That is why we are currently testing out a chat option that will be available during business hours. Unfortunately, I do not have a concrete ETA on when this will be rolled out, as we are still testing, but we are hoping sooner than later.

Brian and I typically respond to most of the emails. But we have added additional customer service reps to the team to help improve the shopping experience and decrease the response time. So if you see a name you have not seen before, please welcome them to the team, and keep in mind they may be new.

I will be monitoring the reviews from here on out, and try to check them at least once a day. If you have had an issue in the past and would like to PM your order number, I would be happy to look into any issues.

I would also like to open this up to any suggestions that customers may have to improve the shopping experience, as I would truly like to offer the best shopping experience we can.
XdjlX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XdjlX For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (10-02-2019)