follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #57
z3ro
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dealership Name: Toyota of Rock Hill
State: South Carolina
City: Rock Hill
Brand: Both
Salesman to talk to: Kelsey Cash - 704.678.7777
Reference desired: Tell him Josh from NC sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 2-3 as of last weekend

Details of your experience with the dealership: Already had an appointment set up w/ Kelsey so I got to skip all the regular pesky car salesmen BS which was great. Kelsey greeted me right away, grabbed me and a buddy that went with some drinks, and we went for a test drive. He directed me to a windy road, told me to take the TT off, and "have at it." 20 minutes later we went back to the dealer, sat down and started talking turkey. I told him straight up that this was a fun purchase and I in now way needed a brand new vehicle. He responded with "Look Josh, I don't really give a shit if you buy the car or not. I'm practically retired, my wife just made me get a job." AWESOME! We wheeled and dealed for a bit; they ended up comping the nitro-filled tires and the floor mats (~$450), dropped $1k off the asking price, and gave me $2k over KBB dealer pricing for my trade in.

I could not be happier with a dealership.
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #58
nicertoy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Auto
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I have 5 units 10 SERIES automatic Special Ed. in stock. If you would like to recommend a friend just PM me ! I'm located in Miami - Doral / Scion of South Florida
Old 10-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #59
Prog

Drives: 2016 Cadillac CTS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I know some people are desperately trying to get a Galaxy Blue 2013 before the color isn't made anymore, so just FYI, Subaru of Baton Rouge (Louisiana) has one (Limited, 6MT). The dealership is okay. I've dealt with better.
Prog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #60
FloridaFRSdriver

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS 6 Speed Manual
Having just bought an FRS (last weekend in September) after driving the Camaro SS at a nearby local Cheverolet dealership, I'd like to contribute. I found the buying experience at this Toyota dealership was great, and the overall 'vibe' of the dealership much better than the Nimnicht Chevrolet and Coggin Toyota. I recommend:

Dealership Name: Beaver Toyota/Scion of St. Augustine
State: Florida (FL)
City: St. Augustine
Brand: Scion, Toyota
Salesman to talk to: Kris Rollins - Internet Sales Consultant - 904.797.8800 x227 krisr@beavertoyota.com
Reference desired: (tell Kris Neil B Whiteout FRS 6MT ) sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Unsure, they had at least one other Whiteout 6mt on the lot. Call or email Kris direct he will be glad to help.

Details of your experience with the Beaver Toyota dealership:
Very easy buying experience. I was cross shopping against the Camaro SS, as well as other Scion and Subaru dealerships for the twins. Visited Coggin Toyota and didn't like the dealership at all -- small, dingy, bad vibe. Plus they had $4,000 "bump" stickers on the FRS-- I HATE bump stickers especially on a mass market car.

Of the dealers I visited, like the atmosphere at Beaver better-- relaxed, professional, clean, organized, no pressure and the employees generally seemed to enjoy working there. Apparently the owners bought a struggling dealership to turn it around and moved a bunch of families out from New Mexico to staff it-- talk about commitment.

I had my finance lined up already so the entire process including test drive, negotiating my trade and getting the paperwork done took about 3 hours. The longest part was their preparation of the paperwork and getting the car out of detail. We had pre-negotiated a good price via phone on the car, and had only a short back-and-forth on my trade to get a number I wanted. (And I got a good number as I was trading in a 12 year old junker that was not running well all).

FWIW, I got a better price and overall 'vibe' over the phone as well from Beaver compared to other local dealers I only spoke to on the phone (not visiting), which is David Maus, Daytona and Keith Pierson Toyota. I know you can't judge a dealership by phone interaction alone, but it was a big factor in my decision to actually visit-- I used the phone to eliminate dealers who I thought would be wasting my time.
FloridaFRSdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #61
lswindell4

Drives: 2013 Scion FR S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Pechelas Toyota/Scion of Washington
State: N.C.
City: Washington
Brand: Scion)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

Salesman to talk to: Chris Staten
Reference desired: (Lewis S. if you'd like)
Details of your experience with the dealership:
I have bought many cars from this dealership and currently have a 2012 Prius as well as my FR-S. I feel I've been treated fairly with each purchase. Very professional service department. The shop is spotless. Chris Staten is a young pleasent gentleman who doesn't try to pressure you. No attempt to mark up the price. Life time service as long as I keep it.
lswindell4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #62
Dusty

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S (traded).
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: **** Dyer Toyota Columbia SC
State: S.C.
City: Columbia
Brand: Scion
Allocation left? A few
Salesman to talk to: Thomas Roman
Reference desired:
Details of your experience with the dealership: Lots of discounts offered on top of "pure Price" that brought my 2013 FR-S purchase below invoice pricing (under $23k). I got a few dealer installed extras as well. The process was super smooth, lifetime powertrain warranty, and lots of dealer extras. I received several follow up emails from the customer relations manager and the service shop manager after my purchase.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #63
DBW
Motorsports

Drives: 19BRZ PP, 16 M4
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Let's start a list of the dealers to buy from. Follow the format below if possible:

Dealership Name: KENNESAW SUBARU
State: GA
City: ATL
Brand: (ie Scion, Subaru or both)SUBARU
Salesman to talk to: LUIS (sales manager)
Reference desired: (ie tell them Bob sent you, etc) Tell him Doug from Topspeed sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Plenty

I have bought my last 4 subaru's from Luis. He has always been fair with me with no hassles and a great deal. This last purchase was no different, I ended up walking out there for tons less then MSRP.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #64
orlandorealtor

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS WHITEOUT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Central Florida Toyota/Scion
State: Florida
City: Orlando
Brand: (Scion)
Salesman to talk to: David Z
Reference desired: (tell him Jerry sent you)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 12 In stock now, 1 monogram/whiteout auto

Details of your experience with the dealership: Fantastic!!! Great Service by David

Last edited by orlandorealtor; 02-23-2014 at 12:44 PM.
orlandorealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:13 AM   #65
Creole

Drives: Monogram FRS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Dealership name: Nalley Toyota of Roswell / Nalley Scion of Roswell

State: Georgia

City: Atlanta

Brand: (Scion)

Salesman to talk to: Maurice

Reference desired: n/a

Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 5, 2014 FRS, 1, 10 series.

Details of your experience with the dealership: Fantastic! Great group of guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #66
TonyStarch

Drives: 2013 FR-S | 2009 G8 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephens View Post
Dealership Name: Sunny King Toyota
State: AL
City: Oxford
Salesman to talk to: Cynthia
Reference desired: Austin, if it'll get you anywhere.
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 1 2013 Raven M/T

Details of your experience with the dealership: It was a great experience. This was my first time buying a new car ,and I was worried about hidden fees and such. But, Cynthia actually gave me a printout that accounted for every single dollar. She also explained all the fees in good detail. I felt pretty comfortable about it. The broker worked for 3 days to get me apporved without a cosigner. Also, he was able to get me a rate I can easily live with. Ultimatley, it was a great first time experience. They also have followed up with me twice over the phone and by email just to make sure everything was still okay.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I'll second this motion

Dealership Name: Sunny King Toyota
State: AL
City: Oxford
Salesman to talk to: Rick Branch
Reference desired:
Allocation left? Its been some time since we purchased....

This was also the first time I have ever purchased a new car. We wanted a specific color and package so, they ordered the car for us. It took some time for it to come in, and when it did, did not have the window tint. They did it for us.

I took the car back at about 4k miles to see if I could convince them to replace the fuel pump and get rid of the chirping... they couldn't but did offer to fill the gas tank up for our trouble.

I think they are really top notch folks there. A little slow, but easy to deal with.

'09 G8 GT - not stock
TonyStarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #67
CruiseZen

Drives: 2014 Ultramarine 6MT FR-S Monogram
Dealership Name: Hendrick Toyota of Apex
State: North Carolina
City: Apex
Salesman to talk to: Bob Kenny
Allocation left? Yes
If so, how many as far as you know: I got the first one. Based on the number of FR-S cars they sold last year, the dealership was confident that they would receive others.

Details of your experience with the dealership: Hendrick Toyota/Scion of Apex had not heard about the Monogram series when I walked through the door back in late January. However, Bob stepped up to the plate and secured me a Monogram in the color and transmission type I was looking for. The entire process was easy with none of the normal hassles I have had with buying a car in the past. Bob was great to work with and I would highly recommend him for any enthusiast who's looking to buy an FR-S. All my special instructions were followed. (No washing of the car, no dealership sticker or name plate.)

Last edited by CruiseZen; 02-28-2014 at 07:35 PM.
CruiseZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #68
codesplice
Elite Recognized Geek

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ Limited
I'm going to second @Eurasianman's positive experience with Landers McLarty Subaru in Huntsville.

Dealership Name: Landers McLarty Subaru
State: Alabama
City: Huntsville
Brand: Subaru
Salesman to talk to: Dean Hartley
Reference desired: N/A
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Website shows 5 2014's. I know there were at least three others on the lot when I bought mine.

Details of your experience with the dealership: Like many others, my expectations were not very high (at all) after hearing horror stories of folks dealing with other dealerships in the Landers McLarty empire, but I was not only pleasantly-surprised by quite blown away by how positive my experience was. When I went in for the first time and expressed interest in a BRZ, the New Car Sales Manager (Deonte) immediately hooked me up with Dean, their resident BRZ expert. His passion for the car was quite obvious, and he was exceptionally knowledgeable even about the small details and questions I had remaining. He seemed genuinely interested in what I was looking to get out of a new car purchase rather than just wanting to make the sale. He didn't bat an eye when I went back for several more test drives and even happily got me set up with an overnight loaner. He was absolutely great to deal with - eager to help but not at all pushy. I took my time with making a final decision and I didn't feel any pressure at all from him (or anyone else at the dealership) to hurry up and buy something. And, perhaps most importantly, they gave me a pretty excellent price

I've not been back for my first service yet, but I've since heard great things from fellow Subie owners about the service department as a whole and the service manager Michael in particular. I'll be sure to update this post with any notes after my first service.

Update 6/3: I just returned from my first (~3750) service appointment and couldn't be happier. As soon as I pulled up, the service manager (Michael Mayer) greeted me by name and directed me to the customer lounge stocked with a dope Starbucks grinding/brewing/dispensing machine. Forty minutes and $0.00 later, I found an ice-cold bottle of water waiting in my cupholder as I hopped back in my car. Michael and the rest of the service staff were extremely friendly and highly efficient, and I'm actually eager to return for my next service.

At this point, I honestly can't recommend Landers McLarty Subaru highly enough.

Last edited by codesplice; 06-03-2014 at 04:44 PM.
codesplice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codesplice For This Useful Post:
Eurasianman (03-18-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #69
Eurasianman
Chief

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by codesplice View Post
I'm going to second @Eurasianman's positive experience with Landers McLarty Subaru in Huntsville.

Dealership Name: Landers McLarty Subaru
State: Alabama
City: Huntsville
Salesman to talk to: Dean Hartley
Reference desired: N/A
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Website shows 5 2014's. I know there were at least three others on the lot when I bought mine.

Details of your experience with the dealership: Like many others, my expectations were not very high (at all) after hearing horror stories of folks dealing with other dealerships in the Landers McLarty empire, but I was not only pleasantly-surprised by quite blown away by how positive my experience was. When I went in for the first time and expressed interest in a BRZ, the New Car Sales Manager (Deonte) immediately hooked me up with Dean, their resident BRZ expert. His passion for the car was quite obvious, and he was exceptionally knowledgeable even about the small details and questions I had remaining. He seemed genuinely interested in what I was looking to get out of a new car purchase rather than just wanting to make the sale. He didn't bat an eye when I went back for several more test drives and even happily got me set up with an overnight loaner. He was absolutely great to deal with - eager to help but not at all pushy. I took my time with making a final decision and I didn't feel any pressure at all from him (or anyone else at the dealership) to hurry up and buy something. And, perhaps most importantly, they gave me a pretty excellent price

I've not been back for my first service yet, but I've since heard great things from fellow Subie owners about the service department as a whole and the service manager Michael in particular. I'll be sure to update this post with any notes after my first service.
Service department is extremely nice and do a good job. Have not had any issues with them yet and I have taken my car up there a few times (oil change/TSB). Glad to see you had a good experience

Eurasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eurasianman For This Useful Post:
codesplice (03-24-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #70
InterceptorII

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited --- WRB
Garage
Dealership Name: Jim Keras Subaru
State: Tennessee
City: Memphis
Salesman to talk to: Dave Ellison
Reference desired: Tell him Ben from Chuck Hutton sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Yes, 5 or 6. Check subarumemphis.com

Details of your experience with the dealership: Best group and experience I have ever dealt with in purchasing a new vehicle and after sales care. Dave Ellison was my salesman. Stand up guy, great sense of humor, and made the process easy. Be sure to request David Fleming as your finance manager. I had to get out of a very, very crappy ordeal and they made the whole thing easy and painless. In fact, they got me a 1.9% interest rate! Vinny Girard is the General Sales Manager of the store and is perhaps the funniest dude I've ever met in my life. It was an awesome experience to deal with these folks over here. I wasn't sure at first about wanting to get the car, then they let me take it home for an extended test drive. Without any type of pressure and with no one to explain features and benefits and go down a typical sales pitch, I fell in love with the car and got a chance to find things out on my own, without anyone trying to sell me on anything. I can't say enough about my experience. I will say this in closing, if you are on the fence about this car, don't be. It's been an amazing ride and it is a quick head turner. If you don't have a Subaru Dealership near you or if the one you do have in your town sucks, please come to Memphis and give Jim Keras Subaru a chance to earn your business, because they went above and beyond for mine.

by INTERCEPTOR II
InterceptorII is offline   Reply With Quote