follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 09-10-2021, 12:04 PM   #799
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Well it's been awhile since I updated this. Not a ton of progress has been made as I have had a lot of other stuff going on (Mostly helping my friend get his car back together as it's one of their daily drivers)

Printed the throttle body adapter. I wish I could just run this, would make life easier and be much cheaper than having to get one machined from aluminum.

Keypad mount

Printed some test Coil Mounts. I think I might be able to get away with these being printed in ASA. Though I think I want to try and get shorter stalks for them.

they sit just a bit too tall with the factory stalks

Got a bit of Powder Coating done, the valve covers in the other pictures as well as the pulleys and compressor housing. I needed to add more powder to the compressor housing as the texture is quite aggressive and shows through. I'm just going to leave it for now.

Transmission is all wired up and pretty much ready to go. Purchased the $200 oil filters from BWM (That's employee cost ) and just waiting to get it on the hoist to replace the pan filter

Going to need to rethink my alternator mount...

I also got my Tubular subframe in (don't mind how messy it is, needs a good cleaning).

Which required drilling the stock bushing out to accept larger hardware. I decided to upgrade to poly bushings at the same time. Since everything was coming apart, I went ahead and installed whiteline roll center kit as well.

Now comes the super fun part... Rewiring the chassis. I am putting the fuse box in the cabin, running the wires that normally run along the firewall under the dash, and tucking the harness a little better (Thats the plan anyway). I bought a second engine bay harness to steal wire from while I extend everything.

I have a lot to go on the wiring, but luckily engine and transmission can be in the car to finish that. Hoping to have them in the car in the next couple of weekends while the weather is decent during the days.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:15 PM   #800
villainous_frx
Off to the track!

Drives: '14 Lava 86, '13 WRB BRZ
Thanked 1,150 Times in 462 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That keypad is very cool! Excited to see more updates as parts trickle in.
villainous_frx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to villainous_frx For This Useful Post:
DustinS (09-10-2021)
Old 04-13-2024, 09:23 AM   #801
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I haven't updated this thread in way too long. Too much really, I have all the updates in my build thread in the engine swap section.

To bring this to an unfortunate end, I got the car running and driving with a t56 magnum swapped back in. Tuned on 11psi it made 400whp, and I was street driving it on 20psi with low timing. Car was amazing, but I had to end up selling the car due to financial issues. I also had to sell my '06 STI which hurt almost as much. I sold the car at the end of last year and have been trying to figure out where to go from here.

Enter the new project. My $500 GR86 with 4000 miles (and a banged up quarter panel). Figured this was the only way I was going to be able to get into a GR chassis that I didn't mind cutting up. So I end this thread with the beginning of a new one.

Bare chassis by Dustin[Smith], on Flickr