follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #1023
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
I think the increase in events is great! And since the data is crowdsourced, it's easy to update.

Alright.. PSA time kids.

Last night I moved the PS4 up to the bedroom. I was freaking amazed at how much better I was doing. Well, I have a 42" LG in the bedroom, and I'm normally gaming on a 65" Vizio. So it took me a second to realize that everything felt "smoother" and then it clicked. Input lag. I continued to play last night and did well. This morning I hooked everything back up downstairs and then tested for input lag. MASSIVE amounts, completely noticeable. I don't know why I never thought of it before. So I went through the TV menus and found deep in the settings a "game mode." I had used game in the picture settings, but that wasn't the same thing. Turned on "game mode" and input lag is gone.

That change alone has made a big difference in my KD, and why I'm not yelling "what the fuck I pulled the trigger first?!" as often.

So check your TV settings!
That's some great advice and something I would never have thought of. I'll have to check my Samsung to see if there is a similar setting.

I picked up the leg armor from IB yesterday and my last game last night I got Timur's Lash as a reward so all the grinding has paid off. I'm about 300 points from rank 4 right now then I get the gauntlets. So close!
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:29 AM   #1024
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Game mode is a must! I had my PC monitor doubled to my 52" Samsung ( And now 55" LG), and the samsung always had some lag, it prevented me from being able to play most games on the bigger screen. The LG has a much better game mode and it's as fast as the monitor.

Some TVs will also have a setting for turning off overscan, where the image is slightly zoomed, pushing the edges of the image offscreen. Turn this off and you get more of the picture, and the image will then be "pixel perfect". Some TVs will have in the aspect menu, others in an advanced image menu. You'll know you found it when a game like destiny lets you adjust the image border, and you can set it to the widest setting and the bars align perfectly at the corners of the screen.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #1025
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Hmmm sounds like I need to go diving into my TV menus tonight.

Stayed up too late last night but I got level 4 Iron Banner and grabbed the boots and gloves! Had the Raid chest already so now I just need 164 Helium Filaments to get to level 30!
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #1026
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

So when I put Destiny in the very first time, it prompted me to adjust the borders of the game so was that the game doing that or the TV? It also had me adjust the brightness level. I dug through my menu options on my Samsung last night but couldn't find a "game mode". With that being said, I don't believe I've had any kind of lag issues with the game. I may need to look at the owner's manuel to make sure Samsung doesn't call their game mode something funky.

When I got done playing IB with you @f0rge I was rank 4.25 so I was able to pick up the gauntlets. Being so "close" to rank 5 makes me want to grind out the last of rank 4 so I can hit 5 and get the Scout rifle that Saladin has but considering I already have a legendary and an exotic Scout rifle not really sure it is worth it, especially since I got Timur's Lash as a reward and I'm short of glimmer right now.

And I think everyone who was grinding IB for the armor is now at the moon farming. I got on late last night to try and farm and it was a cluster. Dudes running around everywhere. I gave up and went to bed at about midnight. Unfortunately, I still need either a chest piece for helmet to drop on the raid so I can hit 30. Ugh.

Last edited by 53Driver; 11-24-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #1027
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
I find it odd that all 4 pieces of purchasable IB armor needs helium filaments. Did no one think this through? I hate how progress in this game is always gated by some sort of missing material that takes hours to farm.

I'm not going to bother with rank 5 either, I may play a few more to see if I can get Timur's Lash to drop but really I'm more interested in getting to level 30 at this point.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #1028
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Yep, I pretty much agree. Not really sure why it all required helium but whatever. My guess is the moon will probably be pretty busy for the next day or two. I may play a couple more rounds just for the fun of it, especially if it's with a group. It's way more fun having a group and being able to wreck others instead of being the one getting wrecked.

I really want to hit 30 before the expansion/DLC drops in 2 weeks. Guess I'll need to grind the raid now. I haven't done the raid in over a week now.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #1029
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
I find it odd that all 4 pieces of purchasable IB armor needs helium filaments. Did no one think this through? I hate how progress in this game is always gated by some sort of missing material that takes hours to farm.

I'm not going to bother with rank 5 either, I may play a few more to see if I can get Timur's Lash to drop but really I'm more interested in getting to level 30 at this point.
I think they did think it through.

Didn't they say just recently that they were going to implement other, more interesting ways to earn upgrade materials? Well, we're going to be spending a lot of time on the moon pretty soon, I imagine..
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #1030
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
I think they did think it through.

Didn't they say just recently that they were going to implement other, more interesting ways to earn upgrade materials? Well, we're going to be spending a lot of time on the moon pretty soon, I imagine..
Are you saying they're trying to tie this in with the Dark Below?

Unless this new magical method starts on Tuesday I can't see it making a difference for me, 2 weeks is a long time when you play almost every day.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #1031
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Are you saying they're trying to tie this in with the Dark Below?

Unless this new magical method starts on Tuesday I can't see it making a difference for me, 2 weeks is a long time when you play almost every day.
I think n2o was implying that there is going to be some "other" way to upgrade armor to level 30+ but so far they (Bungie) have been tight lipped about it. My guess is that they are receiving a ton of complaints from people who have been stuck at level 29 for a month+ and who aren't getting the raid to drop for them. I've read feedback on the foums where guys have said they have litterally ran the raid 20+ times on both normal and hard and haven't got anything. With the expansion/DLC coming, my understanding is that you will need to be at the 29/30 level to even be competitive with the regular stories so I am assuming that there will need to be some mechanism in place for people to level up gear for those who have been stuck at 29. So with this being said, they probably don't want to give up the gig just yet lest people stop playing the game and just "wait it out".

Now for my personal opinion, if the "high level gear" is going to be tied to the "hardest part of the game" then they need to reward people for actually completing it. It shouldn't become another "grind" in a game that is already rampant with grinding. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game and want to continue to play it, but it does suck doing the raid multiple times only to be left empty handed. Especially when you consider how hard it is just getting enough people rounded up to run the thing, then there's the bugs of people getting booted etc to deal with.

That's one of the reasons why they added the high level gear to Iron Banner IMO. Granted, it was tough to get armor, I literally spent the whole week just getting to rank 4 and you can't get a helmet or chest piece so you're still stuck with doing the raid. Go read the forums right now and see all the bickering amongst people about the IB gear. Some think it was "welfare", obviously they are clueless because I busted my butt to get that stuff unlike the raid where you just get stuff randomly. It will be interesting to see what transpires when the expansion/DLC drops. I mean, if they don't offer a way to upgrade light levels on armor, how many people will just quit in frustration? Personally, I'll be mad if there isn't a way for me to upgrade my IB armor. I put a lot of effort into getting it, I like the way it looks and I really want to keep it.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #1032
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
That's one of the reasons why they added the high level gear to Iron Banner IMO. Granted, it was tough to get armor, I literally spent the whole week just getting to rank 4 and you can't get a helmet or chest piece so you're still stuck with doing the raid. Go read the forums right now and see all the bickering amongst people about the IB gear. Some think it was "welfare", obviously they are clueless because I busted my butt to get that stuff unlike the raid where you just get stuff randomly. It will be interesting to see what transpires when the expansion/DLC drops. I mean, if they don't offer a way to upgrade light levels on armor, how many people will just quit in frustration? Personally, I'll be mad if there isn't a way for me to upgrade my IB armor. I put a lot of effort into getting it, I like the way it looks and I really want to keep it.
Lol same I think I put in almost 10 hours of crucible which is crazy for me.

But honestly I think bungie was just throwing us a bone because we're about to be royally screwed with the new DLC.

After seeing the shots of the new DLC weapons showing min/max dmg above 300 people are up in arms about the planned obsolescence of all existing legendaries. Something I have to admit I'm pretty cheesed about too, I worked hard to obtain and level up these guns, now I have to do it all over again? After only 3 months? For every DLC?

Armor I get since it's tied to your level, but leave my god damn guns alone.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:34 PM   #1033
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Lol same I think I put in almost 10 hours of crucible which is crazy for me.

But honestly I think bungie was just throwing us a bone because we're about to be royally screwed with the new DLC.

After seeing the shots of the new DLC weapons showing min/max dmg above 300 people are up in arms about the planned obsolescence of all existing legendaries. Something I have to admit I'm pretty cheesed about too, I worked hard to obtain and level up these guns, now I have to do it all over again? After only 3 months? For every DLC?

Armor I get since it's tied to your level, but leave my god damn guns alone.
Bungie is a fail franchize. The only thing bungie knows how to do is halo.
That being said, they had no idea how to make a MMO let alone have that MMO be successful.

I am not disappointed with Bungie for making a fail MMO. I am, however, really disappointed in how bad their PVP is. Even when trying to make all things equal.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #1034
skuts?

Drives: 2013 6spd Argento FRS/1995 BMW 325i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I'd like to thank @skuts? for letting me tag along with his PvP group today. It was awesome to actually win 4 matches in a row. It helped my points dramatically and got me leveled to rank 3 so I was able to get the Titan leg armor. Now I just need to hit 4 to grab the gauntlets.
Thank you for the kind words @53Driver ! It was a great time we definitely need to team up again sometime. I'll be getting on to play tonight around 8pm est if anyone wants to do some last minute Iron Banner / NightFall / Raids.
skuts? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skuts? For This Useful Post:
53Driver (11-24-2014)
Old 11-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #1035
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuts? View Post
Thank you for the kind words @53Driver ! It was a great time we definitely need to team up again sometime. I'll be getting on to play tonight around 8pm est if anyone wants to do some last minute Iron Banner / NightFall / Raids.
I'm probably going to take it easy tonight. I pretty much played Destiny non-stop this last week lol. I may get on for a bit later.

For the record, @skuts? had a IB game where he had a K/D ratio of 10.83! I think my highest has been around 2. I'd definitely like to play again sometime, I really need to focus on trying to get some Raid time in.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #1036
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
For the record, @skuts? had a IB game where he had a K/D ratio of 10.83!
Wow thats really good, best I've ever had was probably like 4.8 or so, but I'm a bit suicidal in PvP haha. Grinding Iron Banner wasn't bad got the gauntlets and boots for my titan in probably around 8 ish hours of playtime. I'm still a bit annoyed with PvP though, they really need to fix the lag death issues still. I hate punching someone, then they punch me, and then they die, and then I die.

I was really pissed earlier this week when I was doing the weekly nightfall solo almost killed sepiks and the friggin game dropped connection so pissed
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote