follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 08-28-2018, 08:05 PM   #57
Swift
I just Drive.

Drives: in the womb still
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
As someone in manufacturing I have done a whole cost analysis on producing parts...lets say for the BRZ. In most cases with material taken into account, good manufacturing techniques, and new machines you are just barely coming in under "market price" on material ALONE. This is not a lie or fake news. Most Americans wont or cannot afford to buy American.

I have seen material prices go up in one segment 35% in two years(right before trump was elected it was already up 7% ..not his fault. Clarifying , not for politics). I was hearing some BS from the sales guys, but came across one story that lined up with another. Us Americans want stuff cheap and we are lazy right. So when we send them all our steel and plastics to recycle we are not properly sorting it and they finally had enough and just started sending us the "chinese crap". It may say it is a certain metal grade but trust me it is not. However, in this story we are to blame. We never got our $hit together and they finally told us off a couple years back and the US companies and others were not prepared to take over yet.

We need to bring manufacturing back because we cannot as a country survive if everyone works in a service industry. This is NOT political. I did not vote for the current president. But if no products are made to sell and make a profit how do you have an economy at all? Maybe someone with a masters in economics can educate me. This is not to be snooty, seriously if there is something I am missing I want to hear it. Hence why I just educated people not in manufacturing.

That is all.

-92' Acura Legend 5spd coupe twin turbo project
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
echo419 (08-29-2018)