follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-18-2020, 10:18 PM   #1
Pakotron

Drives: 2015 scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EcuTek Help!

I just installed the Edelbrock Supercharger for my 2015 Frs on Sunday. I purchased Tuner kit so it came with the ecutek cable, dongle, and a license. My question is do I need more than one flashpoint (the 1 that is included with the kit) or did we do something wrong because we get a message that says there are no more flashpoints and that we need to purchase a flashpoint to use Race Rom? Was the flashpoint used for the CARB legal tune and that is why it needs another flashpoint to access Race Rom? (If that doesnt make much sense I apologize! I am still VERY new to tuning and my friend was the one flashing my ECU). TIA!!!!
Pakotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
You’ll have to contact who you purchased the Ecutek dongle/license from if your license didn’t come with Racerom and you want that feature. The flashpoint is the license on the dongle that gets applied to the ECU. Run the Ecutek update if you haven’t already which would pull down any license.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:51 AM   #3
gpvecchi

Drives: Toyota 86 GT Limited PP (Model G)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Buying Ecutek flashing kit, you just have the license for ProEcu program that lets you edit ROMs, but not totally, for supercharger kit you need the RaceRom optional program.
Then you need "flashing points" that are a fee you pay to obtain the right to flash your ECU unlimitedly.
With this you are stand alone, and you can do whatever you want of your car. Or, you can buy a canned ROM for your car from every tuner that uses Ecutek.
If you are new to tuning, I'd probably not start with a supercharger ROM, in case you do things wrong, it's quite easy to break down your engine...
gpvecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #4
Pakotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by the new guy View Post
You’ll have to contact who you purchased the Ecutek dongle/license from if your license didn’t come with Racerom and you want that feature. The flashpoint is the license on the dongle that gets applied to the ECU. Run the Ecutek update if you haven’t already which would pull down any license.
So i had 1 flashpoint on my dongle then we updated ecutek and the flashpoint was gone. Any ideas what I did wrong? My friend was just telling me that the carb tune was actually never even put onto the ecu but im at ZERO flashpoints now.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #5
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
You should be asking your vendor for support, not forums!

That said, your included calibration doesn't integrate racerom. You'll need to purchase an aftermarket tune if you want to use RaceROM features.

Your license points were used to license your ecu.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #6
Pakotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
You should be asking your vendor for support, not forums!

That said, your included calibration doesn't integrate racerom. You'll need to purchase an aftermarket tune if you want to use RaceROM features.

Your license points were used to license your ecu.
I see. Ive emailed both Summit Racing (where I got the kit from) and Edelbrock but just waiting on the response.
So if I understand this correctly, I cannot reflash my ecu with the CARB tune from Edelbrock (or any tune for that matter) until I purchase more flashpoints? If thats the case, how do I get flashpoints because I emailed Ecutek but I was told that its the “master tuner” that purchases the flashpoints. Is that correct?
Old 08-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #7
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakotron View Post
I see. Ive emailed both Summit Racing (where I got the kit from) and Edelbrock but just waiting on the response.
So if I understand this correctly, I cannot reflash my ecu with the CARB tune from Edelbrock (or any tune for that matter) until I purchase more flashpoints? If thats the case, how do I get flashpoints because I emailed Ecutek but I was told that its the “master tuner” that purchases the flashpoints. Is that correct?
You already licensed your ecu, so you can flash your CARB tune.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:26 AM   #8
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Check the Ecutek instructions here, in particular the “ How To Program Vehicles ECU” https://www.delicioustuning.com/info