follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Post Valenti tail light signal light issue

Since ModBargains wanted my issues out of their thread I figured I would just make a new thread.

I'm having some electrical issues with my driver side tail light, seems to be an electrical problem. Day to day it changes which lights are out. Sometimes every light works, other times only 3-4 bulbs are working. I'm not the only one having this issue currently. I can't get warranty replacements until mid August

Make sure you're getting a warranty with your vendor! Anyone else having issues?

Aside from this issue I have to say I have been very impressed with these tail lights! Fitment was excellent, install was plug and play, no condensation.
Attached Images

djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No offense, but what can you expect?
Tcoat (05-13-2018)
Old 07-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
djdnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem00n View Post
No offense, but what can you expect?
Well if the quality of the lights in the hand was any indication I expected them to outlast the car. Maybe just an early batch issue, dunno.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdnz View Post
Well if the quality of the lights in the hand was any indication I expected them to outlast the car. Maybe just an early batch issue, dunno.
I'd just wait for the replacements. But since its somewhat of a safety issue, i'd swap out and go for the stock ones.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
AG3NT_5CARFAC3
86 Owners of New England

Drives: Toyota GT86
Thanked 1,195 Times in 542 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Id contact them and tell them "what kind of BS is this!?"

Maybe they will send you a fresh set after you send those back?
AG3NT_5CARFAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
Yamajee

Drives: Rocket Bunny'd GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdnz View Post
Since ModBargains wanted my issues out of their thread I figured I would just make a new thread.
If that's where you bought them from then I'm sure they can do something about it, otherwise just wait until mid August and swap them out for the OEM ones for now.
Yamajee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
encity5

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
i actually had a similar issue with my valentis. my driver side taillight, had 3 LEDs that seemed dead. But they were always the same LED bulbs, never alternated
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5W_0k1g-qA"]Valenti Light Issue - YouTube[/ame]

I bought mine from panson, he hooked me up as soon as the next batch came in with a replacement. (luckily that was only a week away) and shipping came next day (from taiwan) and i sent the defective lamp back to valenti in taiwan.

That was my experience, i never knew it was more widespread, a month or so in and my lamps have been working flawlessly now im happy.

For whatever its worth, i drove with the broken taillamp for the week. and i even did my state inspection with it, and passed. (i actually wasnt expecting that)
Old 07-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
djdnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by encity5 View Post
i actually had a similar issue with my valentis. my driver side taillight, had 3 LEDs that seemed dead. But they were always the same LED bulbs, never alternated

I bought mine from panson, he hooked me up as soon as the next batch came in with a replacement. (luckily that was only a week away) and shipping came next day (from taiwan) and i sent the defective lamp back to valenti in taiwan.

That was my experience, i never knew it was more widespread, a month or so in and my lamps have been working flawlessly now im happy.

For whatever its worth, i drove with the broken taillamp for the week. and i even did my state inspection with it, and passed. (i actually wasnt expecting that)
Thanks for the post. The three that are out in your video are the worst offenders for me. The picture I posted is what the lights occasionally look like, most of the time it looks like yours. Wonder if there is something to do with the wiring that makes those three so susceptible to this problem.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
ModBargains.com

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamajee View Post
If that's where you bought them from then I'm sure they can do something about it, otherwise just wait until mid August and swap them out for the OEM ones for now.
They were not purchased from us. If they were, a thread wouldn't have needed to be made, as we would have already shipped a replacement since we have them in stock here.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ModBargains.com For This Useful Post:
86Ryan (12-03-2017)
Old 07-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Was this issue prevelant in different weather conditions? Like, did they have the problems after it rained?
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #11
FnFast
Doctor

Drives: Fast
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
They were not purchased from us. If they were, a thread wouldn't have needed to be made, as we would have already shipped a replacement since we have them in stock here.
I agree, he shouldn't be bringing in a forum vendor if he didn't even buy them through you. No offense, but if I didn't read on, I would have thought you MAY have been a unfair vendor....

MODS should delete this in my opinion.

Jeremy Clarkson "If you go though the Pearly Gates, backwards, in a fireball, that's a cool way to die!"
2013 White Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT - 15% Tint, Debadged, HIDPowerhouse LED Interiors and Dome
FnFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I believe from reading OP's original post he MAY have posted his problems with the Valenti's in a post that was originated by the Vendor (ModBargains) for the tail lights and since he did not purchase them from MB, they asked him to post his concerns outside of the MB post. No deletion of this post needed as I see and read it. I don't believe that the OP says where he bought them from (apparently NOT ModBargains) and he may be having warranty issues from the vendor?
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #13
Ray_32

Drives: '12 Toyota 86 (RED) MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by encity5 View Post

Holy Crap! I've just installed mine about 2 weeks ago and the EXACT same 3 LEDs on mine are now dead. On the left signal lamp as well! Is this a known wiring or electrical issue? I'm not too upset about it but it does bug me that some of the LEDs are not working. These lights seem to be top notch and works like a charm.

Anyone know any 'local' fixes? I'd rather not send them back to Taiwan and wait a couple of weeks to get them back.

Would appreciate any input!
Ray_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
encity5

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_32 View Post
Holy Crap! I've just installed mine about 2 weeks ago and the EXACT same 3 LEDs on mine are now dead. On the left signal lamp as well! Is this a known wiring or electrical issue? I'm not too upset about it but it does bug me that some of the LEDs are not working. These lights seem to be top notch and works like a charm.

Anyone know any 'local' fixes? I'd rather not send them back to Taiwan and wait a couple of weeks to get them back.

Would appreciate any input!
i dont know who you ordered from, but my contact sent me another pair before i had to send my defective ones back. so no downtime for me, and no needing to switch back to stock lights.