follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 07:12 PM   #3571
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm thinking some of you folks should take a pill ......
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-01-2021), TylerLieberman (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 07:13 PM   #3572
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
Take a breath.

He was just riling you up. Responding just means that he succeeded.

There's more tactful ways to deal with it
Deleted it as soon as I posted it. I hate to say it but that really offended me, though.

If what he did is considered success then I'd like to successfully....I better not say it.

He's another brave soul hiding behind the internet.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-01-2021), Ultramaroon (08-02-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 07:19 PM   #3573
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Deleted it as soon as I posted it. I hate to say it but that really offended me, though.

If what he did is considered success then I'd like to successfully....I better not say it.

He's another brave soul hiding behind the internet.
Eh... We all handle death differently. I was making jokes about it the week after my grandfather died.

But then I also absolutely lost it on a coworker over a $2.00 drill bit that same week...

The thing to remember is that there are things we can change, and there are things we can't. My grandfather went from being diagnosed with cancer to going through chemo to giving up and passing away all within a month. But then my grandma on the other side got re-diagnosed, and went through chemo and transfusions for nearly a year and a half(and every 3-4months, she would gather all of us for final goodbyes. Telling someone close goodbye repeatedly is really rough), where she became ever increasingly hostile towards my grandfather who was about the only one that could put up with her by the time she finally passed.

All of that taught me how much of a blessing it was that my grandfather passed away relatively quickly and peacefully in his sleep.

It's a lesson to learn from their stories and remember them for their life, not the way they passed--because we're all headed that way anyways.
Atmo (08-01-2021), humfrz (08-01-2021), TylerLieberman (08-01-2021), wbradley (08-01-2021), weederr33 (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 07:31 PM   #3574
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
The nerve of me caring about public health, my own father died from Covid19.

You're one of the guys that likes to "lol' in this thread.

LOL now.

Microbio/biochem major at U of T. You? Lol

More people will die because of people like you.

Another member of the Tribe, too. I'm embarrassed for you.

Can't wait to see what Mr "pilot" will rebut with. I'm sure it will just drip with compassion and humanity.

Now are you going to LOL? Of course you will.
I will LOL. Not because anybody you know died, but because of the stupidity and inconsistency of your own comments.

I don't give a shit about what your major is in and at what institution. There are Doctors with substantially more credentials than you that you'll dismiss because you don't like their opinion or position on this matter.

So it's funny that you try to wave your credentials around like they mean anything, but then will dismiss somebody with much higher credentials because they say something you don't like. But then you'll blindly agree with somebody who's like 1 step above a CNA here on the forum who wants to one day probably potentially definitely go to Nursing school, but you'll ignore any opposing viewpoint from a licensed practitioner. The mental gymnastics is astounding.

"More people will die because of people like you" Me? The Occupational Therapist who's been working at an acute respiratory facility where all my Patients are on trachs/ventilators year 'round regardless of Covid? Me, the person who received their first vaccination but devloped increased heart palpitations, fluctuating BP/HR shortly after, and have had numerous doctor appointments since to figure out why? Damn, you're right... This is all my fault. How dare I?

What's funny is that even though that happened to me, I recognize that my case is anecdotal, so I don't sit online and actively tell everybody to not get the vaccine. I elected (through discussions with my PCP) to hold off on the 2nd dose. I've had a reaction to another vaccination when I was younger, so I guess I could be at slightly higher risk for more severe side effects from it. That comes down to my personal choice though. I'm 29, pretty healthy, and don't have any real underlying conditions.

You say "Tribe". What tribe? The one that uses their own personal experience to try and shove their opinion down everybody else's throat and then dish out personal attacks and call them names, just to then turn around and cry wolf and say that everybody needs to play nice? If so, I'd suggest looking in the mirror, because that's been you in this entire thread.

The reason I laugh is because so many people in this thread try to act like they hold the moral high ground by saying that none of this should be political while simultaneously verbally attacking anybody who disagrees, and also blindly following whatever people in their own "tribe" suggest.

I remember a time when a certain party couldn't be bothered with Covid because it couldn't affect Super Tuesday. I remember those same people saying theres NO WAY IN HELL they'll take the vaccine because they didn't trust the Orange man. I also remember the other people who were all in favor of the vaccine when Orange man was in office. It's funny how everything switched at the turn of the new year when administrations changed. What's even more funny is to sit back and watch people argue in here trying to act like nothing of what they're saying is politically driven, when it's pretty obvious they're full of shit.

I have my own biases. I'm more of a conservative libertarian. I'll own it. I'll happily call out anybody I disagree with, regardless of party affiliation. I did it multiple times over the last 4 years (when it was warranted). I just don't believe in the sensationalism of the mainstream media, which includes Fox, CBN, and other right wing sources.

But reading some of the comments in here and how blatantly biased they are while the person saying them tries to act like they're completely neutral and saying ONLY fact with no opinion based argument whatsoever is such a fallacy I can't help but LOL with every page I read; and pretty frequently, its been your comments I'm laughing at.

But keep going. Keep calling for uNiTy and telling people to not be political and then act like a petulant child by crying wolf after hurling out insults. It's pretty cute.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Atmo (08-01-2021), MuseChaser (08-01-2021), p1l0t (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 07:37 PM   #3575
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
You certainly could (assuming it's within the forum rules); being able to state your views and your opinions freely (unless you are a conservative on Twitter, FaceBook, or YouTube) is one of the many great freedoms we have in this country due to the selfless sacrifice of others.

Of course, in doing so you would be showing your ignorance. We have "illegal immigration," and therefore we have "illegal immigrants," or "illegals" for short. There is nothing offensive about that... just a statement of fact. We have crime; those that commit crimes are criminals. We have gymnastics...those who "commit" gymnastics are gymnastic athletes, or "gymnasts" for short.

Since an "illegal" refers to anyone entering our country illegally, there is no racial component to the term. Any race, ethnicity, creed, whatever, can be an "illegal" if entering or residing in the country without permission. The oft-quoted/sloganed "No human being is illegal" is incredibly vacuous; no one has ever said that an entire human being is illegal. We call humans who break the law "criminals"... should we also chant, "No human is a crime?" Such stupid.

So... "illegal" is not a racist term. It can not be, as it does not refer to any race.

Next... if you've read Atmo's posts, especially the one regarding his actions in helping others as a teacher, you'd know that he is far from being a racist.

Next ... the .. umm... "Random vertical arrangement of feces" comment. Completely, totally uncalled for. What is your goal? If it's to bring others around to your point(s) of view, being incredibly insulting is rarely the way to do so.

Yes, you should apologize, and yes, such completely baseless personal attacks should definitely violate forum rules.
Wow!

1. Conservative victimhood. - Oh we can't speak on social media! Except that we do constantly. Especially on this forum, where conservative opinions are accepted and anything calling them out get called political.
2. Weird appeal to patriotism. - The great freedoms, sacrifice, blah blah.
3. Etymological argument against racism. - It's not racist. it's just words! Your PhD in linguistics and your second PhD in logic impress me.
4. Complaint about vulgarity. - Clutch my pearls, Edna! Outrage! Outrage!
5. Strawman argument. - You didn't say this thing, but I'm going to imply that you said it and then knock it down. Hah!
6. Misdirection. - He's not a racist. He's a teacher! Ignore the racism and look at how nice a guy he is. Perhaps he's a vegetarian and loves his dog?

And this is why I try to avoid this place.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #3576
TylerLieberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE5 View Post
And this is why I try to avoid this place.
try harder
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Atmo (08-01-2021), MuseChaser (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 07:41 PM   #3577
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
I will LOL. Not because anybody you know died, but because of the stupidity and inconsistency of your own comments.

I don't give a shit about what your major is in and at what institution. There are Doctors with substantially more credentials than you that you'll dismiss because you don't like their opinion or position on this matter.

So it's funny that you try to wave your credentials around like they mean anything, but then will dismiss somebody with much higher credentials because they say something you don't like. But then you'll blindly agree with somebody who's like 1 step above a CNA here on the forum who wants to one day probably potentially definitely go to Nursing school, but you'll ignore any opposing viewpoint from a licensed practitioner. The mental gymnastics is astounding.

"More people will die because of people like you" Me? The Occupational Therapist who's been working at an acute respiratory facility where all my Patients are on trachs/ventilators year 'round regardless of Covid? Me, the person who received their first vaccination but devloped increased heart palpitations, fluctuating BP/HR shortly after, and have had numerous doctor appointments since to figure out why? Damn, you're right... This is all my fault. How dare I?

What's funny is that even though that happened to me, I recognize that my case is anecdotal, so I don't sit online and actively tell everybody to not get the vaccine. I elected (through discussions with my PCP) to hold off on the 2nd dose. I've had a reaction to another vaccination when I was younger, so I guess I could be at slightly higher risk for more severe side effects from it. That comes down to my personal choice though. I'm 29, pretty healthy, and don't have any real underlying conditions.

You say "Tribe". What tribe? The one that uses their own personal experience to try and shove their opinion down everybody else's throat and then dish out personal attacks and call them names, just to then turn around and cry wolf and say that everybody needs to play nice? If so, I'd suggest looking in the mirror, because that's been you in this entire thread.

The reason I laugh is because so many people in this thread try to act like they hold the moral high ground by saying that none of this should be political while simultaneously verbally attacking anybody who disagrees, and also blindly following whatever people in their own "tribe" suggest.

I remember a time when a certain party couldn't be bothered with Covid because it couldn't affect Super Tuesday. I remember those same people saying theres NO WAY IN HELL they'll take the vaccine because they didn't trust the Orange man. I also remember the other people who were all in favor of the vaccine when Orange man was in office. It's funny how everything switched at the turn of the new year when administrations changed. What's even more funny is to sit back and watch people argue in here trying to act like nothing of what they're saying is politically driven, when it's pretty obvious they're full of shit.

I have my own biases. I'm more of a conservative libertarian. I'll own it. I'll happily call out anybody I disagree with, regardless of party affiliation. I did it multiple times over the last 4 years (when it was warranted). I just don't believe in the sensationalism of the mainstream media, which includes Fox, CBN, and other right wing sources.

But reading some of the comments in here and how blatantly biased they are while the person saying them tries to act like they're completely neutral and saying ONLY fact with no opinion based argument whatsoever is such a fallacy I can't help but LOL with every page I read; and pretty frequently, its been your comments I'm laughing at.

But keep going. Keep calling for uNiTy and telling people to not be political and then act like a petulant child by crying wolf after hurling out insults. It's pretty cute.
This all sounds made up.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
Old 08-01-2021, 07:43 PM   #3578
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Lieberman, keep the politics out. Not everyone here is in the US and this is NOT a political issue, regardless how hard people try to politicize it.

It's a medical issue pertaining to public health worldwide.

PS the Spanish flu pandemic of 1919 took 3 years to end. This is 2021 and we are far more capable except for the damn petri dishes that insist on running their mouths. Fortunately over 70% of my country is double vaxxed and we will hit 80% soon. I care about other countries in this worldwide community as isolationism isn't an option.

I hope you enjoy your opinion being in the tiny minority if you're anti vax. I also want to express "no thank you", to those that don't vax for no reason other than paranoid. What the heck does the whole rest of the world care if it is FDA approved? Olestra is FDA approved for f sakes.

There are some people that shouldn't be vaxxed due to their individual condition. I'm not saying people should blindly oppose their doctor's advice.

Re: " There are Doctors with substantially more credentials than you that you'll dismiss because you don't like their opinion or position on this matter.". Uh, no. Maybe there is that one idiot on YouTube who is driving while talking and videoing himself talking about the ineffectiveness of masks. His career would be OVER if he lived here I bet.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:47 PM   #3579
TylerLieberman

Quote:
Lieberman, keep the politics out. Not everyone here is in the US and this is NOT a political issue, regardless how hard people try to politicize it.

It's a medical issue pertaining to public health worldwide.

PS the Spanish flu pandemic of 1919 took 3 years to end. This is 2021 and we are far more capable except for the damn petri dishes that insist on running their mouths. Fortunately over 70% of my country is double vaxxed and we will hit 80% soon. I care about other countries in this worldwide community as isolationism isn't an option.

I hope you enjoy your opinion being in the tiny minority if you're anti vax. I also want to express "no thank you", to those that don't vax for no reason other than paranoid. What the heck does the whole rest of the world care if it is FDA approved? Olestra is FDA approved for f sakes.

There are some people that shouldn't be vaxxed due to their individual condition. I'm not saying people should blindly oppose their doctor's advice.

Re: " There are Doctors with substantially more credentials than you that you'll dismiss because you don't like their opinion or position on this matter.". Uh, no. Maybe there is that one idiot on YouTube who is driving while talking and videoing himself. His career would be OVER if he lived here I bet.
For somebody who claims to have gone to a university, your reading comprehension is lacking a bit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Atmo (08-01-2021), MuseChaser (08-01-2021), p1l0t (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 07:51 PM   #3580
TylerLieberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
This all sounds made up.
Nope. It’s well documented on HuffPost, so it’s definitely real.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Atmo (08-01-2021), MuseChaser (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 07:57 PM   #3581
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
No, I just don't find what you say particularly interesting and don't hang on your every word, sorry.

If you are scared of side effects and don't take vax#2 that's your business but how can you be working with respiratory patients? Many places would not have you working there any longer. Your career could just as easily be trying to recoup income through litigation after being dismissed, especially in the US.

Regarding "credentials", I worked in the engineered building business for many years, not at all related to biology. The school thing was not precursor to my career unfortunately but was interesting. I'm happy I did it too since I finally realize how important it was and I probably do understand a bit more than your average Joe regards to infectious disease. It might not have seemed useful afterward, but seeing how ignorant so many people are and the possible outcomes, it is survival knowledge.

PS the competition in Toronto for the medical profession is massive. I know a guy that had grades similar to me so he paid over $80K US to study medicine for 2 years in St Kitts where acceptance is easier until he tried writing the exams in Toronto and fell WAY below the cutoff. Our standards are high. I wouldn't want to go to a Dr like him, if he was somehow to squeak by at the bottom of his class.
I don't know of any antivax doctors aside from possible whack jobs on YouTube. Nobody with credibility.

Last edited by wbradley; 08-01-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:58 PM   #3582
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Nope. It’s well documented on HuffPost, so it’s definitely real.
I only listen to what Tucker Carlson tells me now.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-01-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 08:02 PM   #3583
TylerLieberman

Quote:
No, I just don't find what you say particularly interesting.

If you are scared of side effects and don't take vax#2 that's your business but how can you be working with respiratory patients? Many places would not have you working there any longer. Your career can be trying to recoup income through litigation from then on.
Your response shows your ignorance on how this all works. Maybe it’s different in Maple land.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:03 PM   #3584
TylerLieberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I only listen to what Tucker Carlson tells me now.
Obviously sarcasm, but I can only imagine how awful he is. I wouldn’t know though, since I don’t watch cable TV
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-01-2021)
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck