follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 08-23-2019, 01:21 PM   #15
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
Considering the generally good feedback for them in this thread could you go into some detail about why you would recommend looking elsewhere?
In the interest of not hijacking the thread, I don't think it a good idea. Instead, we should refer to the ft86motorsport thread that already exists with a bunch of unhappy people.

Long story short, Slyvain (that's his name right?) likes to argue with customers and make them feel like shit. Could've caught him on two bad days when I dealt with him, but two times being hassled when you're trying to give that person money is way too many times.

Customer experience is big for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
Turbo (08-26-2019), wparsons (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #16
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
In the interest of not hijacking the thread, I don't think it a good idea. Instead, we should refer to the ft86motorsport thread that already exists with a bunch of unhappy people.

Long story short, Slyvain (that's his name right?) likes to argue with customers and make them feel like shit. Could've caught him on two bad days when I dealt with him, but two times being hassled when you're trying to give that person money is way too many times.

You're not alone, there's tons of posts about their "customer service" in the FB groups.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (08-23-2019), Turbo (08-26-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #17
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
rockauto.com I suggest you compare prices between all suggestions, often rockauto has the best deals. I would also just search the part # of the pads you want on amazon, sometimes you can get good deals with prime shipping.

also if your doin it yourself get some brake grease and some extra brake cleaner.
DandoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #18
Sideways
BRZZZZZ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Whiteout
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Considering the generally good feedback for them in this thread could you go into some detail about why you would recommend looking elsewhere?
Let's just say, I ordered a part, was told that it is in stock, but didn't get shipped for a month, because of no clear reason and was repeatedly told that it will ship next day and to have patience....just in a very rude way. Don't expect any customer service if anything goes wrong. For them customer is never right!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sideways For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (08-23-2019), Turbo (08-26-2019), wparsons (08-26-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 11:13 AM   #19
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Hi guys
I am from Milton Ontario i need to get some performance pads for my Brz. Last time i went to a track on stock pads and it wasnt great . Long time ago in Europe i was using Ferodo pads and they were great but never really shop here in Canada. Any other recommendation for pads maybe and where is the best place to get them?
Also where do i get things like Omp or Sparco ?
Burning Rubber in Oakville is excellent in working on racecars, now ALL racecars since their partnership with Boost Theory, but for parts -

BRZWORLD is the place to go, he is an importer who can get anything, special orders from japan etc. and he doesn't hate the hangleesh, tabernac !
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #20
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Let's just say, I ordered a part, was told that it is in stock, but didn't get shipped for a month, because of no clear reason and was repeatedly told that it will ship next day and to have patience....just in a very rude way. Don't expect any customer service if anything goes wrong. For them customer is never right!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Ah, I see. So basically it's one of those places where 'in stock' isn't necessarily in stock; but if it actually is then everything goes off without a hitch. If it isn't in stock then good luck. That's unfortunate.

Thank you for clearing things up.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CrowsFeast For This Useful Post:
Turbo (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 10:02 AM   #21
wparsons

Garage
Quote:
Ah, I see. So basically it's one of those places where 'in stock' isn't necessarily in stock; but if it actually is then everything goes off without a hitch. If it isn't in stock then good luck. That's unfortunate.

Thank you for clearing things up.

And the way they treat customers is horrid.
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
Turbo (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 10:04 AM   #22
wparsons

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandoX View Post
rockauto.com I suggest you compare prices between all suggestions, often rockauto has the best deals. I would also just search the part # of the pads you want on amazon, sometimes you can get good deals with prime shipping.

also if your doin it yourself get some brake grease and some extra brake cleaner.

Rockauto shipping (especially on heavy brake parts) to Canada is pretty horrific. I was going to order calipers and rotors but shipping was almost $300 Canadian. If I shipped to a US address at the border it was under $100.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #23
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Rockauto shipping (especially on heavy brake parts) to Canada is pretty horrific. I was going to order calipers and rotors but shipping was almost $300 Canadian. If I shipped to a US address at the border it was under $100.
Did you try searching the part # on amazon. I just did a full rotor+pad brake job and I ended up getting some stuff there. The pads on amazon was the same price as rockauto except on amazon it was prime shipping.

Bummer about the shipping prices, that totally sucks. I got 4 rotors (2 front, 2 rear) and got them shipped to me in Southern California for $13.98. Hope you find the Canadian equivalent with good deals and acceptable shipping costs, if you search enough I'm sure you will find a good deal.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #24
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post

I remember when they first started that things were much better. Since then, I do basically whatever I can to avoid dealing with them.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #25
wparsons

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandoX View Post
Did you try searching the part # on amazon. I just did a full rotor+pad brake job and I ended up getting some stuff there. The pads on amazon was the same price as rockauto except on amazon it was prime shipping.

Bummer about the shipping prices, that totally sucks. I got 4 rotors (2 front, 2 rear) and got them shipped to me in Southern California for $13.98. Hope you find the Canadian equivalent with good deals and acceptable shipping costs, if you search enough I'm sure you will find a good deal.

I found a source up here for rotors (all four, centric blanks) for $250cdn to my door.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #26
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
I found a source up here for rotors (all four, centric blanks) for $250cdn to my door.

Nice, I got some Centric ones also, they are nice and painted. So since I just finished my brake job I was looking at the Centric rotor/pad seasoning process and decided to use this other process from Baer which goes into much more detail on what your doing and why.

I didn't like how much heat you put into the centric rotors right away (using Centrics process), and they just say go from 60 to 10 but do not say how much braking force to use. Im currently breaking in my rotors and pads using Baers method because last thing I want is to warp my rotors from not breaking them in properly due to following non detailed break in instructions.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:09 PM   #27
laksman91

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech, Evo X GSR, E92 M3
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hit up Alpha Motorsports in Markham. They know what works best on these cars and have fast turbo and NA 86s that compete and track regularly!

@AlphaMotorsportsCa
laksman91 is offline   Reply With Quote