follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
Damuskinous

Drives: scion frs black, stock
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help with Kw v3/Ground control setup.

Hi,

First time posting, hi all.
I'm currently working on my first project, and i'm using this time to learn about cars. I installed all the parts my self, under guidance. But i've hit a few hick ups here and there, but i'm still holding strong and moving forward.

Stage setup:
Kw v3's.
Whiteline Lower Control Arm.
Whiteline Toe Arm.
Ground Control Camber plate's.

Wheels: Ray's 19x8.5 45f Ray's 19x9.5 43r.
Tires: 235/35/19f 265/30/19.

My current hick up, is that the parts were installed.
When I took it to a shop for alignment, i was advised i would need adjustable sway bar end links for the front.

Confused just a bit, seeing as how i've looked up the setup a while. Didn't noticed that other guys had to do it?..., but i said, well okay my setup might not slightly different. So I can see that I may need a thing or 2.

Since i'm still too new to this, I was wondering if anyone. Had a similar setup, and if they could provide some tips.

I've noticed it's rough getting an agreement, as to who's the best for a specific part. But if anyone could point, to some good companies to get me started on who should I look for for Adjustable enlinks would be appreciated.

Damuskinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #2
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have the car on the ground without endlinks installed. Measure the distance between the two mounting points. Measure the length of your endlinks. Decide if you need endlinks, read up on sway bar preload(search on google). My coilovers came with front endlinks, but they are shorter than stock and the mounting points changed.
Seeing as you already have whiteline parts, I would suggest whiteline...
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote