follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #29
inimitable

Drives: SSM 6-MT limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I may have found what I was looking for. Cross your fingers...

Waiting for fax of buyer's order, etc. then making deposit over the phone.

Car won't be able to be ready today, and their finance department is swamped, apparently. Planning to take the train up (100 mi. ~2hrs.) north to pick it up tomorrow morning/early afternoon.

Supposedly, getting a price of a couple hundred less than MSRP, and I hadn't even haggled; he offered it to me. I will surely let you all know how it goes, and definitely aim to leave high marks and white-list feedback for a positive experience.

Go, Go, Go!
inimitable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #30
inimitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbbrz View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, but in DE. I've got one pre-ordered, but I have no idea when its getting here. So if I can find one I'll jump on it.
What combination are you looking for? Are you willing to travel?

Take the advice I've been offered:

Subaru.com > BRZ > locate dealer > zip code > view more dealers > view their inventory > if you see what you want, CALL, if not > get a zip code of a higher volume area (likely North-East, particularly along the coast, mind the port areas) and repeat, till you find what you want > CALL to be sure it's in stock, and determine price (as some are gouging); have a buyer's order and other paperwork faxed > determine logistics of travel: planes, trains, and automobiles

GL!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #31
inimitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by #87 View Post
Saw at least 1 on auto trader listed at Five Star Subaru in Oneonta NY. There are pages of listing so I'm sure you can find one.
Yes, I noticed a few on Autotrader, but after making a couple of calls, I found that they weren't necessarily in stock. Also, not every dealer lists on Autotrader, or cars.com, etc.

I was also hoping to avoid NY, and if possible, stay in state. That way, I could take the train to my destination, and not have to burden anyone with driving me there and then making a return trip home.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #32
Mtechnik

Drives: 99' SM, S54 & S52 M Coupes, 13' BRZ
I have been doing the same thing as you inimitable, I have directly contacted around 30 or more dealers, and the dealers in the SouthEast are greedy, over MSRP & high dealer fees. Although, just this morning I had great success on Cars.com! Secured my SSM 6MT Limited in NY. We are going up there in two weeks for a wedding and are going to drive her back!

FYI- BEST dealer I have found to date. At MSRP & NO dealer fee! They have cars available, contact Rafael at Star Subaru 718-819-0100, let him know I referred you. He's an enthusiast too.

Good luck with the hunt!

Jon
13 BRZ Limited (delivered July 2nd)
Mtechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #33
xwd

Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Best bet is to just look on cars.com or autotrader. I found the one I wanted on Autotrader at a dealer in the northeast selling cars for MSRP. Having it shipped down to Atlanta now.
xwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #34
wrbbrz

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post
What combination are you looking for? Are you willing to travel?

Take the advice I've been offered:

Subaru.com > BRZ > locate dealer > zip code > view more dealers > view their inventory > if you see what you want, CALL, if not > get a zip code of a higher volume area (likely North-East, particularly along the coast, mind the port areas) and repeat, till you find what you want > CALL to be sure it's in stock, and determine price (as some are gouging); have a buyer's order and other paperwork faxed > determine logistics of travel: planes, trains, and automobiles

GL!
Thanks man, I'll keep working on it. I'm willing to travel, but not as far as some people, my biggest goal is to get it at MSRP and not getting screwed after I travel.
wrbbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #35
Flat Black VW

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post
Besides Tri Le being a stand-up guy and everything working out for you, did you take any precautions in advance in an effort to secure your price?

I'm concerned because I went to check out an FR-S yesterday, locally, and when I got there, after they checked out my potential trade-in, and let me take it for a test drive, and got whatever other info. they could out of me, they tried to sell me the car for $32,XXX!!! Let me repeat, an FR-S for $32K+. I can't believe they were serious. Then, they wouldn't give up, and kept counter-offering me since they still had my keys from when they were checking out my trade-in. Finally, I said, come back with my keys; I'm leaving.

FWIW, I didn't ask the price over the phone, and don't remember if it was posted online; I just put some faith in the Toyota Pure Price Guarantee, or whatever, which was mentioned and offered to me when I put a deposit down at a different Toyota dealer last week.
He first sent me a text picture of my invoice and then he overnighted me all of the official paperwork.

FWIW he and I were talking this morning and he mentioned that he does have a Limited WRB 6MT on his lot still for sale.
Flat Black VW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #36
Lee358

Drives: nissan frontier, DGM MT BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Im pretty sure there is still a black limited mt at wayne subaru in nj
Lee358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #37
inimitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtechnik View Post
I have been doing the same thing as you inimitable, I have directly contacted around 30 or more dealers, and the dealers in the SouthEast are greedy, over MSRP & high dealer fees. Although, just this morning I had great success on Cars.com! Secured my SSM 6MT Limited in NY. We are going up there in two weeks for a wedding and are going to drive her back!

FYI- BEST dealer I have found to date. At MSRP & NO dealer fee! They have cars available, contact Rafael at Star Subaru 718-819-0100, let him know I referred you. He's an enthusiast too.

Good luck with the hunt!

Jon
SSM FTW!!!

I found what I was looking for and am making the journey by train today, and will be driving her back. Pics when I get home...

BTW, the dealership I found is Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ (the very top of NJ, across from NYC). The are located in an "affluent" area, and the NJ transit train has a stop about a block away from the dealership, for anyone looking/willing to travel. Here's the link to their inventory: http://www.libertysubaru.com/new-inventory/index.htm but the SSM is mine!

Also, I remember seeing them mentioned on a whitelist (positive dealer experience) thread for the NJ/NY area: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...+subaru&page=2

FWIW, they had two others available on the website, but I think one was an auto. The other, I think, was WRB, 6-MT premium.

Best of all, when I called asking the price, the salesman said he could do $200 UNDER MSRP. I hadn't even begun to haggle.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #38
choi0706

Drives: t
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
west houston subaru has a DGM auto limited.. but its auto..
choi0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #39
inimitable

Score!

I'm at the dealership now to pick up my car - liberty Subaru in Emerson New Jersey - I can Co firm that they have another 6-MT limited in WRB sitting out front, unsold! They are selling at or below MSRP! I REPEAT, SELLING AT OR BELOW MSRP! They gave me a price of $200 below MSRp over the phone yesterday, and they kept their word.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #40
inimitable

This was the only picture I had time to take. I just got home. It drives like a dream. I love it.

Dang, I don't know why it came out sideways. It's not on my PC or phone.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #41
inimitable

Sucks that they mounted that fucking front plate. I tried to advise them against it, but I was too late, it was already on.

Sweet, we can curse in these forums...

Anyway, more pics tomorrow if/when I get a chance.

Last edited by inimitable; 06-14-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #42
inimitable

Just another mention of the good folks at Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ for some good old-fashioned integrity. If interested, call and ask for Damon (Damon Murhle); that's who I dealt with. Again, I also read a positive review for them over in another thread, which I am pretty sure I've linked above (if not, just ask).

If anyone is still on the hunt, especially in the tri-state area, get down there. They are two blocks away from the NJ Transit station there in Emerson, NJ. Seriously, I walked to the dealership when I got off the train. I was using my Google GPS though. It's a nice area, too, so no worries.

They've got 2 BRZs still available. Both are WRB. One is 6-MT limited, and the other is an auto. I was offered a price of $200 under MSRP - The sticker shows $28,641, and I paid $28,441. If you haggle a bit, you might squeeze an extra $200 out of them. Either way, you can freeroll the trip up there with the savings!