follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #6189
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
My impressions on the Delicious FlexFuel Kit

I'd like to share my impressions on this kit, but first let me share a bit of the back story with my car and FI.

-- back story

My car is my daily driver, and weekend autocross car.

I mounted my Innovate Motorsports SC on July 4th, 2013. I believe I was one of the first 12 people to get this kit on their car. At that point in time my car had 34.4K miles on the odometer.

I had my car dynoed at Infamous Performance on their Mustang before I put the intercooler on. We got a peak of 217/178 to the wheels.

I had been on a stock header until mid January this year when a catch-can overflow incident lead to the destruction of the cat in the factory header. I ended up replacing it with a Tomei EL. With only a disabling of the secondary O2 sensor in the tune, I immediately noticed a difference in the high end power with the header. At this point I am still on 91 octance.

Around the end of January this year I was able to get one of the FlexFuel BlueTooth Kits for EcuTeK ProECU RaceROM on my car. At this point I had been running the 75mm pulley and CARB tune for over 40K miles as I now had 76K on my odometer.

-- impressions

Wow. We haven't dynoed the car again, but I'd say it feels like it has at least 260+/215+ (Mustang) to the wheels w the 75mm pulley, maybe more when the Ethanol content is peak.

I had local friends who had been on FlexFuel with the Innovate Kit telling me about how nice the FlexFuel was in their cars. I knew it made more power based on the dyno sheets I'd seen. But actually driving my car with FlexFuel was amazing. The car runs so much smoother, has significantly more power (by the butt dyno), and pulls hard all the way to redline.

It is way faster on course too. I had an event steward who had driven my car last year ride along with me on a safety run at a local event recently, and after the run he said "...your car has a lot more power than I remember."

Last weekend I competed in the SCCA Solo2 National Tour in San Diego. There were several present and former national champion drivers in my class. In the first day of competition I was in third (0.015 seconds out of second place), and after the second day I ended up in sixth (with only .2 seconds between 4th-6th). This would imply that my car is a Nationally competitive SM car, and the FlexFuel kit is a critical component of the necessary power to have that status.

I've got the SCCA Pro Solo National Tour event in El Toro coming up this weekend, and I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to once again prove that the Delicious tuning FlexFuel kit will be one of my primary weapons in the difficult battle to come.

Feel free to reply or contact me via PM if you'd like to ask specific questions about my experiences wit the kit.

P.S. Here's a video from last weekend that shows the car on course. You can get a feeling of the acceleration and speed of the car.

[ Delicioustuning | Counterspacegarage | RS-R USA | Cusco USA | SPL Parts | ACE Header | Stark Performance | Infinite Motion | Ciro Racing | Build thread:Here ]
[ GR Corolla Core in White w/LSDs on wish list ]
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whataboutbob For This Useful Post:
J.C. (03-25-2015), mikalem (03-25-2015), MINOCIN (03-26-2015), R3NIK (03-25-2015), tahdizzle (03-25-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 02:16 PM   #6190
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whataboutbob View Post
I'd like to share my impressions on this kit, but first let me share a bit of the back story with my car and FI.

-- back story

My car is my daily driver, and weekend autocross car.

I mounted my Innovate Motorsports SC on July 4th, 2013. I believe I was one of the first 12 people to get this kit on their car. At that point in time my car had 34.4K miles on the odometer.

I had my car dynoed at Infamous Performance on their Mustang before I put the intercooler on. We got a peak of 217/178 to the wheels.

I had been on a stock header until mid January this year when a catch-can overflow incident lead to the destruction of the cat in the factory header. I ended up replacing it with a Tomei EL. With only a disabling of the secondary O2 sensor in the tune, I immediately noticed a difference in the high end power with the header. At this point I am still on 91 octance.

Around the end of January this year I was able to get one of the FlexFuel BlueTooth Kits for EcuTeK ProECU RaceROM on my car. At this point I had been running the 75mm pulley and CARB tune for over 40K miles as I now had 76K on my odometer.

-- impressions

Wow. We haven't dynoed the car again, but I'd say it feels like it has at least 260+/215+ (Mustang) to the wheels w the 75mm pulley, maybe more when the Ethanol content is peak.

I had local friends who had been on FlexFuel with the Innovate Kit telling me about how nice the FlexFuel was in their cars. I knew it made more power based on the dyno sheets I'd seen. But actually driving my car with FlexFuel was amazing. The car runs so much smoother, has significantly more power (by the butt dyno), and pulls hard all the way to redline.

It is way faster on course too. I had an event steward who had driven my car last year ride along with me on a safety run at a local event recently, and after the run he said "...your car has a lot more power than I remember."

Last weekend I competed in the SCCA Solo2 National Tour in San Diego. There were several present and former national champion drivers in my class. In the first day of competition I was in third (0.015 seconds out of second place), and after the second day I ended up in sixth (with only .2 seconds between 4th-6th). This would imply that my car is a Nationally competitive SM car, and the FlexFuel kit is a critical component of the necessary power to have that status.

I've got the SCCA Pro Solo National Tour event in El Toro coming up this weekend, and I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to once again prove that the Delicious tuning FlexFuel kit will be one of my primary weapons in the difficult battle to come.

Feel free to reply or contact me via PM if you'd like to ask specific questions about my experiences wit the kit.

P.S. Here's a video from last weekend that shows the car on course. You can get a feeling of the acceleration and speed of the car.

Awesome Bob.
The Following User Says Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
whataboutbob (03-25-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #6191
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
When I'm decelerating (foot not giving any gas), at between 2300-2400rpm, I hear a noise that sort of sounds like metal vibrating on metal super quick or perhaps sounds more like a high pitched grinding noise. Doesn't happen when accelerating as far as I can tell. Doesn't happen 100% of the time but more often than not. Easiest way to reproduce it is if I'm going down hill in any gear and the rpms are staying around 2300-2400, the engine area will continually make that noise. It's not the belt as I've had multiple one since it's done it (both sizes too). All I can think of is a pulley or the internals of the supercharger making that noise. I have good fluid levels and intercooler fluid levels. Belt and pullys look ok.

Any ideas or things to look for or to check?
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:59 PM   #6192
mikalem

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
When I'm decelerating (foot not giving any gas), at between 2300-2400rpm, I hear a noise that sort of sounds like metal vibrating on metal super quick or perhaps sounds more like a high pitched grinding noise. Doesn't happen when accelerating as far as I can tell. Doesn't happen 100% of the time but more often than not. Easiest way to reproduce it is if I'm going down hill in any gear and the rpms are staying around 2300-2400, the engine area will continually make that noise. It's not the belt as I've had multiple one since it's done it (both sizes too). All I can think of is a pulley or the internals of the supercharger making that noise. I have good fluid levels and intercooler fluid levels. Belt and pullys look ok.

Any ideas or things to look for or to check?
I had that and it was the idler pulleys - I ended up with racsengs pulleys and it went away. Seems you might be able to fix it by pulling the pulleys and reseating the bearings maybe? Mine were shot when I pulled them out - they looked sandblasted.
mikalem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikalem For This Useful Post:
stockysnail (03-28-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #6193
GT86NZID

Drives: GT86 '14, F10 '15 & AMG GTS '16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Am planning to sell my brand new unused sprintex sc unit from bullet bcs im not gonna to use it. Pm me if interested. Price US$900 shipped (Just for the main unit with no intake manifold and other parts) Price for main unit usually costs around $2500-$3000 just asking for a quarter to get rid of it. It can be used as spare sc for future replacement which is eventually needed to get it replaced after 150.000miles on your current sc unit. Cheers
Attached Images

Last edited by GT86NZID; 03-27-2015 at 07:18 PM.
GT86NZID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:15 PM   #6194
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86NZID View Post
Am planning to sell my brand new unused sprintex sc unit from bullet bcs im not gonna to use it. Pm me if interested. Price US$900 shipped (Just for the main unit with no intake manifold and other parts) Price for main unit usually costs around $2500-$3000 just asking for a quarter to get rid of it. It can be used as spare sc for future replacement which is eventually needed to get it replaced after 150.000miles on your current sc unit. Cheers
hmmm.. hmmm. New Zealand.. wth!

I wonder which company sells the spare parts for this to make it a complete kit. stage 2 is ez enough
Old 04-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #6195
vaderbloke

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Garage
Ethanol content using the Torque app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
You can still view Ethanol content by logging the "Custom Map P" parameter in EcuTek. Going from 93 power is gradually added in with ethanol content. If you dump in E85 from an empty tank of 93 it's a much more drastic change. The engine can sound a tiny bit different running on ethanol, but not harsh. Could be your imagination, or you may have something going on mechanically, but the tune itself and Flex Fuel kit are unlikely to be causing any sort of issues in that regard. Can you log the ethanol content and report back?

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
Is the "Custom Map P" parameter readable from other OBD readers such as the Torque Pro app? If so, what scaling should be used?
vaderbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #6196
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderbloke View Post
Is the "Custom Map P" parameter readable from other OBD readers such as the Torque Pro app? If so, what scaling should be used?
Unfortunately not, Custom Map P is an EcuTek custom map and can only be read through there. Torque only measures OEM variables.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
vaderbloke (04-01-2015)
Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #6197
mokinbird87
BOXER FR

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
anybody have any idea if this seibon hood would clear the blower?
Old 04-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #6198
itsjustdavep

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Sprintex + FBM Head/Cams package? Any speculation as to how well they'll pair yet?
Old 04-02-2015, 03:00 AM   #6199
poorsche

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited, 2000 Impreza Sport
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
So I've been running my s/c for a while now on stock exhaust. Finally got a header, overpipe and catless front pipe. What happens when I bolt these on before being re-tuned? I know I won't get much for gains with out refreshing my tune but I just want to make sure it will run fine until I can get on the dyno (tight schedule). Surely some of you have been down this road.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #6200
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Talking

My 335 finally arrived about a week ago and I got a chance to open up the box today!
Attached Images

Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #6201
dpgfunk

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
My 335 finally arrived about a week ago and I got a chance to open up the box today!
Chad, check your bypass valve in the back - it looks like the hose is disconnected from the valve. It may have broken off.
dpgfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpgfunk For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (04-03-2015)
Old 04-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #6202
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgfunk View Post
Chad, check your bypass valve in the back - it looks like the hose is disconnected from the valve. It may have broken off.
Good catch.

If that is the case a new bypass will be sent. We had 2 from the GB suffer the same fate. It'll be covered under warranty.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (04-03-2015)

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.