follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 02-16-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
FLYFISHR

Drives: 2014 BR"ZED" Sport-tech DGM MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
DAYLIGHT SENSOR

I have searched this forum and checked the sticky list to see if anyone else has had this happen to them and found nothing so far. But to get to the point... has anyone gone to start the car at night and with the headlight switch set on auto and had the headlights / dashlights fail to come on? I can turn them on manually but if I go back to the auto setting it defaults to the daylight brightness levels on the hud and some of the other dials. The sensor on the dash acts like it has a bright light shining on it. I was wondering if the cold was affecting it (not like it hasn't been colder than it was tonight) but it was still not working after my drive home and things had warmed up inside. Any Thoughts?
Old 02-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Never had this problem. Definitely just bring it to the dealer and get the sensor replaced.