follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-11-2022, 11:40 PM   #57
Lakitu

Drives: 2017 Halo 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Installed RCE Super Street-1 coilovers as a "third times the charm" last resort before I went back to stock struts. I was expecting a tiny bit better than what I had. What I got was a day and night difference.

1.5" front, 5 clicks from hard
2.5" rear, 5 clicks from hard

Took for brief drive on roads near home that I know how they used to feel. My car is back enjoyable again. I don't feel every little pebble in the road. My car doesn't violently rock. At night, I'm not constantly flashing the car in front of me on every slight dip in the road. Wow, I am impressed and I'm so happy that I could cry. My car is lower than before AND handles better than before. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Now just need to get an alignment and front tires replaced.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:23 PM   #58
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakitu View Post
Installed RCE Super Street-1 coilovers as a "third times the charm" last resort before I went back to stock struts. I was expecting a tiny bit better than what I had. What I got was a day and night difference.

1.5" front, 5 clicks from hard
2.5" rear, 5 clicks from hard

Took for brief drive on roads near home that I know how they used to feel. My car is back enjoyable again. I don't feel every little pebble in the road. My car doesn't violently rock. At night, I'm not constantly flashing the car in front of me on every slight dip in the road. Wow, I am impressed and I'm so happy that I could cry. My car is lower than before AND handles better than before. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Now just need to get an alignment and front tires replaced.

What other 2 brands did you have before? Im willing to step up to nicer coilovers if they are actually better for daily driving.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:02 PM   #59
Lakitu

Drives: 2017 Halo 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
What other 2 brands did you have before? Im willing to step up to nicer coilovers if they are actually better for daily driving.
1st I had BC Racing BR, then RS*R Sports-i. RS*R were an improvement over BC, but still either really bouncing or harsh vibrations with no inbetween comfort. The RCE set has none of those problems that I encountered. Very comfortable ride even at the low end of the rebound adjustment (these are rebound, I believe, whereas the other two are dampening adjustment).

Full car log on 1st page.
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115137