follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #43
Touge Factory

Drives: ZN6
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Touge Factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfull View Post
That's basically the same as general rule of thumb of needed 1 bolt diameter worth of thread engagement, but used to figure out the max spacer size. I'll have to try this method. I figured 10mm is too thick but many have stated that they've used 5mm spacer on oem studs without issue.
10mm spacers will not allow enough threading on OEM studs to securely mount your wheels.
Definitely need extended studs.
Touge Factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #44
Fast_Freddy

Drives: Passat
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfull View Post
That's basically the same as general rule of thumb of needed 1 bolt diameter worth of thread engagement, but used to figure out the max spacer size. I'll have to try this method. I figured 10mm is too thick but many have stated that they've used 5mm spacer on oem studs without issue.
Besides being a general rule of thumb, it's also an SAE standard and a damn good rule to follow. Judging by the shorty oem lug nuts I'd estimate that there isn't much extra stud length for spacers. Not that people won't run spacers anyway and endanger themselves and everyone around them.

On my last car I had to run ET lug nuts just to get minimum thread engagement with aftermarket wheels because my wheels had a thicker than average hub. There were still morons running spacers with the oem studs.

Good luck with your setup.
Fast_Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:29 PM   #45
Astroboy

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Factory View Post
We wanted to share with you what our car looks like before and after wheel spacers on stock wheels.

Here is how the wheels sit after the car has been lowered.
Front:

Here are the Ichiba 25mm Version 2 Hubcentric Spacers. Simply bolt them on and torque them down to spec.

Here is how the wheels look AFTER the 25mm spacers installed.

For more pics....CLICK HERE
Would tracking a set up like this be ok for the car?
Also, would you benefit off the 25mm spacers on a track?
I'm asking because I just ordered trd springs along with 25mm spacers for all around.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote