follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-28-2020, 10:59 AM   #337
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuyans View Post
Hey guys, just got my package.

I'm waiting till Black Friday to buy the supporting mods and was wondering if I should change anything else.

I have a 2017 BRZ so I believe I don't have any need for an oil temperature gauge as there is a built in one. I'm also not running a boost gauge because it's...supercharged. However, I'm told it can be nice to have one in case of boost leaks?

Omni 3 BAR - Very very important and very much required.

MAPerformance Oil Cooler (Bought because some review said he ran it with a Vortech kit so presumably it should be fine.)

AEM AFR Gauge

AEM Oil Pressure Gauge

Racer X Catch Can (Debating if I should just splurge for the dual catch can but it's not like I'm tracking this car...)

Turbosmart 25mm BOV w/ Blue Spring

I believe this is all the important ones. It's the ones during installation that I require more knowledge about.

One quart of Subaru 0w20 for the Oil Cooler
One oil filter.
Gauge mounts.

Am I going to need additional stuff such as additional wiring, oil adaptors...ect?

All installation will be done by a professional shop and tuned by someone who is very familiar with the platform (DD Performance in Sealy, TX).

List looks good, the Vortech kits are pretty much bolt on and go. Oil cooler is good for your environment (hotter TX summers), PCV catch can by itself is probably just fine, my CCV shows no signs of anything in the can or through the tube. The Vortech kit should come with a check valve for the PCV side as well - don't want manifold pressure blowing back through the stock PCV, but my catch can tubing wasn't the right diameter for the check valve, so I installed an STI PCV (will not allow pressure back into the crank case) instead. Not sure if you have the Vortech wiring harness, but it helps keep things tidy instead of splicing the stock harness. Installation quality and tune quality are obviously very important - see if you can have the installers clamp/tie the vacuum hoses under the manifold - they can sometimes pop off under boost - it's usually fine for the stock kit at 8-9psi, but above that can cause the issue.
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 03:55 PM   #338
mrha

Drives: Lightning Red Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
With the CARB kits doe they come with a 2.5 Bar Map sensor or 3 Bar? Thanks!
mrha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:56 AM   #339
pmcoffee

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Finally got a decent tune and on a dyno.....

Okay - I finally got a tune and on a dyno, with some nice results. I bought this 2013 BRZ Limited AT in early 2016, and it already had the Perrin Vortech V3 kit and Perrin oil cooler professionally installed. It came with a mild tune (212 hp at peak) and was throwing benign codes pretty often. Added a header, overpipe, and front pipe to the cat-back exhaust system, and tried a custom e-tune.....and that didn't work out. Found a local guy who tunes and specialized in Subaru's and gave that a try - that ended up to be a good tune with the dyno sheet below. So the daily driver drivetrain build ended up:

- Perrin Vortech Supercharger kit (includes intercooler)
- 3.48” SC drive pulley (9 psi at 7500 rpm)
- 2.5 bar Omni MAP sensor
- K&N intake filter
- Perrin Oil cooler
- JDL uncatted UEL header 4 into 1 with 1.75” primaries
- 2.5 “ Perrin resonator exhaust system from header back
- Single high flow cat in front pipe

Tuned by Ed at Fast Performance Tuning using OFT/Rom Raider. His only comments were that it pulled more HP than he expected, and the AT had a good lock-up with low losses. Also, it was pretty hot in the test bay (99F), so the 275 hp corrects to 279 hp at SAE standard conditions. Next step may be flex fuel.....

https://www.facebook.com/FastPerformanceTuning
Attached Images

pmcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:57 PM   #340
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Good to see someone tuning with open source. Enjoy it
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 12:44 PM   #341
shadowking1711

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Again View Post
Just wanted to share my vortech build, im going to get it dyno’d soon. Hoping for 400whp+
Its been boosted for 55k miles now. My brz has 87k miles currently on stock motor, still holding up fine *knocks on wood*
Oh, its only been about 10k miles since i swap from 3.33 pulley to the 2.87.
Mods:
- Vortech v2 w/2.87 pulley @15psi on e85.
- 1050x ID
- 65c DW fuel pump
- Radium catch can
- Radium fuel rails
- Ptuning flex fuel kit
- Custom intake setup to front of bumper (thanks to pure automotive for the design)
- Max bov upgrade
- 2017+ red intake manifold
- 72mm grams throttle body
- p3 multi vent gauge w/ analog boost reading
- oil pressure gauge
- afr gauge
- 19 row oil cooler
- Csf radiator
- tomei UEL headers
- JDL 3” overpipe/front pipe combo (catless)
- 3” Greddy Ti single exit exhaust
That’s basically it for power mods, other than that full suspension has been done coilovers, control arms, solid rear mounts, braces, etc..the list is long lol.
Currently tuned by mike @xero limit (aka moto-east) I definitely recommend him. I have 2 separate maps with different timings. One for daily “conservative” and other one is “kill mode”
What belt are you using for the 2.87 Pulley?
shadowking1711 is offline   Reply With Quote