follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 02-23-2015, 04:34 PM   #155
XtremeMaC

Drives: Asphalt Grey FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
exactly my thoughts as I've tried the same and reached the same verdict.

I'm sure with a firmware update/flash it'd be possible. I suppose they tried to find the sweet spot for crank time, however it should be steered towards cold weather cranking as I see no point in remote starting in summer, well at least not as much

With a slight programming and temp sensor, they can get outside temp and increase crank time accordingly imho, or just program it as you suggested until engine starts, but is there a signal that gets sent to the vehicle ECU in such case? I suppose there should be...
Old 02-23-2015, 05:05 PM   #156
nunonuna

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeMaC View Post
exactly my thoughts as I've tried the same and reached the same verdict.

I'm sure with a firmware update/flash it'd be possible. I suppose they tried to find the sweet spot for crank time, however it should be steered towards cold weather cranking as I see no point in remote starting in summer, well at least not as much

With a slight programming and temp sensor, they can get outside temp and increase crank time accordingly imho, or just program it as you suggested until engine starts, but is there a signal that gets sent to the vehicle ECU in such case? I suppose there should be...
I wish EasyGo can be as easy as to get in touch with like two years ago. Did you try to contact them recently?? Last time I sent email inquiry was about year ago, and still no response lol~ Today, I will send another email about this issue & we'll see how they respond. Let's cross fingers.
nunonuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #157
XtremeMaC

I did email them couple months ago and they called me in 48 hours. If I'm not mistaken the reps name was Matt. I wrote it somewhere.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #158
nunonuna

Garage
That's good news.
I hope they reply my email too.

Last edited by nunonuna; 02-23-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:53 AM   #159
Chaetagnath

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I added a trunk lid button so that I can now pop the trunk manually. It is linked to the easygo kit. For a full DIY go here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84673

I'm pretty freaking proud of this one.

Last edited by Chaetagnath; 07-09-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chaetagnath For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (03-15-2015), nunonuna (03-16-2015), S84kam (08-12-2015)
Old 03-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #160
Chaetagnath

Garage
OEM handle with touch sensor

I figured out how to swap the OEM handle with the touch sensor for the cheap one which comes with the easygo kit. Looks much better in my opinion.

The OEM handle works a little differently than the one which comes with the easygo kit, so it is not a straight swap, but its also not too difficult either. Also, I used the existing wires from the easygo kit handle, just modified them a little.

To do this swap you need:

OEM door handle: Part numbers (I think these are correct, you should double check for your car, especially since they have new variations on some colors)
SU003-01594 Blue
SU003-01595 Gray
SU003-01596 Orange
SU003-01597 Red
SU003-01598 Silver
SU003-01599 Black
SU003-01600 White
extra wires
soldering iron
Fuse tap (optional, you can just tap an existing 12 volt wire somewhere, as long as it is always hot, even when the car is off)
Female connector (I couldn't find a part number for this, but see below found it on ebay)

So this is what the OEM handle looks like:

Note, the male connector attached to the handle, it has 6 pins:

For this install, only 3 pins are used, 1,2, and 5.

It may not be apparent from the photo, but those pins are really narrow, and the connector is pretty small. So, the easiest thing to do is simply get the female connector plug.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the part number for this thing is. However, since I have a picture of it, I obviously obtained it from somewhere. I bought entire door harness off of ebay. It cost 30 bucks. The harness needs to be from either a BRZ limited, a 10 series, or a monogram. If you are unsure if it is the correct harness, the very end of it should be a grey connector like the one above. If it ends in a rectangular white connector, it is simply the same harness as what is already on your car. Anyway, I bought the harness, clipped the connector off, and the nice thing about doing it this way is it comes with all the wires already included! If you can't find one on ebay, probably the harness has a part number, but I don't know what it is.

Ok, so you have the harness, the wires you want are the yellow-black (corresponds to pin 1), black (corresponds to pin 2), and white-black wires (corresponds to pin 5). The remaining wires (red, light blue and white) are not needed and can be cut off, or left intact, but I cut them off so they would not be in the way.

These wires are connected as follows to the easygo kit/car

Basically, the handle is powered by the pin 5/2 combination. Pin 1 is the output from the handle when you touch the sensor.

The handle which comes with the easy go kit is simply a switch which completes a circuit so that the black wire (which is always sending a current, runs through the red wire (which is detected by the easygo brain). So, using the OEM handle, you connect pin 1 to the red wire door handle wire which runs to the easygo kit, and it sends a pulse, delivering the signal to the easygo brain. Works pretty nicely.

Pin number 2 I just connected to a wire and attached it to a bolt on the door frame. Pretty easy. The 12volt source for pin 5 I used a fuse tap and found an open fuse port on the fuse box (same as what I describe in the first page of this thread. Then I used the "other" wire which was run to the easy go door handle (and is no longer needed). Since it is already there, I just clipped it from where it comes into the footwell, and attached it to the fuse tap.

Only other thing I will say about this, is when you are installing the handle itself, it is better to slide the handle in first, then plug the harness in from the other side (you need to remove the door card anyway to wire the ground). I don't think the handle can slide into position if the harness is attached (which is probably why people who have BRZ limited/FRS monograms have such trouble removing their door handles).

Last edited by Chaetagnath; 07-09-2017 at 12:09 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chaetagnath For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (03-22-2015), DustinS (06-25-2015), MaXimus (02-29-2016), nunonuna (03-23-2015), S84kam (08-12-2015), Stormalong (03-23-2015), XtremeMaC (03-23-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #161
nunonuna

Garage
Recently, mine keeps failing to start engine at first attempt with BOTH push button & remote start by not keeping cranking long enough. The engine starts with second try, but this problem really bugs me because it is happening more often now (amlost everyday). It used to happen when the temperature was low & occasionally, but it is now summer & happens more often.

I've checked battery and all the connection, but I found no problem with those.

Does anyone have similar or same experience recently??

I emailed easygo, but no reply yet.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #162
Chaetagnath

Garage
That happens to me occasionally. Sometimes when it is extremely hot out. I have also suspected that it is worse when the A/C is on during startup. I don't ever use the remote start, and tap the gas just as it is cranking slightly, seems to help. It would be interesting to know if anyone has the same problem when cranking it with the key.

On kind of a side note here, I have noticed that when the car has been outside for a while in very high temps here in Florida, the easygo box occasionally falls asleep, and won't do anything at all. Usually takes hitting the unlock a few times to get it to "wake up" and work. Two times in the two years or so I've had it, the heat caused the box to crash completely. I had to use the spare key thingy (it's really important to get this thing cut) to open the door, then unplug the main harness to the easygo box, wait like 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Started working fine. Rare issue, but something of which anyone who has this kit should be aware. It is possible a reboot would help with the startup problem as well.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #163
UF Key Master

Drives: 2013 Toyota FRS Ultramarine
Garage
I've had the same problem, especially when getting off of work (really hot). I found that reaching under the dash and wiggling the wires would help sometimes so I thought I had a loose wire somewhere. After removing all the panels to expose everything and checking all the connections and then re wrapping the copper wire around the ignition switch, it was still intermittent. I then took the key out of the box and turned it over. For a month now it has cranked with no problems. Even in extreme heat. Still may have been a loose connection. I don't know for sure, but after messing with the key, I'm cured.
UF Key Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #164
XtremeMaC

well as I've mentioned few months ago according to same of the articles I've read and also suggested in the manual by EasyGo, I've implemented relays for the starters. As it was recommended for longevity of the starter motor I would suggest doing so.
However, I cannot vouch if this issue occurs in hot weather as I've removed mine after winter to re-wire and re-route everything. Been lazy though I've not rewired them yet...winter is coming
I wonder if EasyGo every updated the firmware or PCB lately...
Old 12-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #165
S84kam

Drives: FBRZS
Is there a fix for the no start yet?
S84kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:39 PM   #166
Chaetagnath

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S84kam View Post
Is there a fix for the no start yet?

Sort of resurrecting this, but I had a thought on the failure to start on occasion issue. Is it possible to adjust the ignition timing with open flash tablet or something? Anyone with the Easygoing kit have tuning experience?
Old 03-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #167
nunonuna

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
Sort of resurrecting this, but I had a thought on the failure to start on occasion issue. Is it possible to adjust the ignition timing with open flash tablet or something? Anyone with the Easygoing kit have tuning experience?
I don't know if it will help you or not, but after I swapped my battery for new one, it never happened once for 3 months so far. It seems like it happens if the battery charge is lower, at least in my case. I was lucky that I was covered by warranty from Braille. Since my battery is lightweight AGM from Braille, I cannot say it is the case for everyone, but it worked for me.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #168
Chaetagnath

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunonuna View Post
I don't know if it will help you or not, but after I swapped my battery for new one, it never happened once for 3 months so far. It seems like it happens if the battery charge is lower, at least in my case. I was lucky that I was covered by warranty from Braille. Since my battery is lightweight AGM from Braille, I cannot say it is the case for everyone, but it worked for me.
Hmm...that is kind of interesting. I have noticed that it happens more frequently when the car has been sitting for a little while, so maybe there is a minimum threshold on the battery that it needs top start up right away.

Tags
easygo, remote start