follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 12-03-2021, 03:54 PM   #197
Riceroni

Drives: Average car that I pretend is fast
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If anyone is in OR, Wilsonville Toyota just asked if I was interested in this allocation they had incoming for a Black GR86 6MT (not premium).

https://guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-sp...9751539/detail
Riceroni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Riceroni For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (12-04-2021)
Old 12-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #198
justinco
btr.life

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,094 Times in 491 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Heard from one of my local dealers a couple days ago that allocations were starting to show up in the "system" for the east coast. Nothing in the west as of yet, according to them. Tap tap tap...
Old 12-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #199
McMCOO
Anti-Social Media

Drives: 24 GR86 Premium MT is on the way!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Whilst shopping at the farm store, I got a call from Marysville Toyota again in Washington state. They have allocation for three GR 86s right now. Two base models in MT. One in black and the other in trueno blue. They also had an automatic in neptune. I'm holding out for the Neptune in manual. He said he believes they are still sticking with msrp. And I'm back to the list.
McMCOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #200
Veloist

Drives: ‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
Thanked 1,713 Times in 668 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMCOO View Post
From Marysville Toyota in Washington State today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinco View Post
Heard from one of my local dealers a couple days ago that allocations were starting to show up in the "system" for the east coast. Nothing in the west as of yet, according to them. Tap tap tap...
This is exactly what’s so frustrating about dealers reporting “blah blah this place got allocation and we didn’t” First off the first few known allocations to us were to PNW dealers.

Second, we’ve already seen allocations here in California and even in Las Vegas.

We are either catching them in their lie, or (giving them benefit of the doubt) they’re really just clueless…
Old 12-03-2021, 05:33 PM   #201
justinco
btr.life

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,094 Times in 491 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloist View Post
This is exactly what’s so frustrating about dealers reporting “blah blah this place got allocation and we didn’t” First off the first few known allocations to us were to PNW dealers.

Second, we’ve already seen allocations here in California and even in Las Vegas.

We are either catching them in their lie, or (giving them benefit of the doubt) they’re really just clueless…
Based on the dealers that I've talked to in my area, I'm gonna go with clueless...or they just don't have any info outside their own territory. Most of the time I get a call with an update and they thought I wanted a Supra
Old 12-03-2021, 05:50 PM   #202
mazeroni

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Series 10
Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinco View Post
Based on the dealers that I've talked to in my area, I'm gonna go with clueless...or they just don't have any info outside their own territory. Most of the time I get a call with an update and they thought I wanted a Supra
That happened to me. I did a quote and selected 2022 86 and got put in for a Supra. The dealer who emailed me said every GR86 is spoken for. I didn't ask questions and he didn't push - I specifically mentioned not paying over MSRP or buying accessories.
mazeroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:59 PM   #203
Robertw

Drives: 1996 Turbo Miata
Haven’t heard anything from the dealership I have a deposit with. But I submitted a build sheet. They said they put the order through so idk if they’re going to wait to have my car built or if by chance they get the car I spec’d. No clue how this works, never ordered a car like this before.
Robertw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:39 PM   #204
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazeroni View Post
That happened to me. I did a quote and selected 2022 86 and got put in for a Supra. The dealer who emailed me said every GR86 is spoken for. I didn't ask questions and he didn't push - I specifically mentioned not paying over MSRP or buying accessories.
At least they came close. I did the online submit quote thing with a few different dealers in PA/OH area. One came through to them as a Tacoma, another a 4 Runner

One of the dealers is a big one, and they still only have one GR86 coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertw View Post
Haven’t heard anything from the dealership I have a deposit with. But I submitted a build sheet. They said they put the order through so idk if they’re going to wait to have my car built or if by chance they get the car I spec’d. No clue how this works, never ordered a car like this before.
I feel ya. My understanding (quite rough at this point) is you can spec out a car with a dealer and submit an order, but there is no guarantee Toyota will "approve" the order. Which I guess means they will build it specifically for your dealers allocation the way you spec'd it. "They're pretty much not approving any orders at all any more."

Maybe in the pre-COVID era, this build/order functionality was there for the occasional customer with a super-specific spec they wanted, and didn't mind waiting and then paying more than usual. (Remember when paying MSRP was for fools, or the clinically insane?) Just speculating though. I actually came to this forum originally to figure the Toyota ordering thing out
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:33 PM   #205
DaffyDOHC

Drives: CRV, INTEGRA
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMCOO View Post
Whilst shopping at the farm store, I got a call from Marysville Toyota again in Washington state. They have allocation for three GR 86s right now. Two base models in MT. One in black and the other in trueno blue. They also had an automatic in neptune. I'm holding out for the Neptune in manual. He said he believes they are still sticking with msrp. And I'm back to the list.
I got the same call too. Almost got the Treuno Blue. But after thinking about it, I rather get a premium model and not have regrets down the road. The cars had VINs to them and they would hit the ports around Dec 10th
DaffyDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:59 AM   #206
Sirploppy

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
At least they came close. I did the online submit quote thing with a few different dealers in PA/OH area. One came through to them as a Tacoma, another a 4 Runner
This happened to me as well. Got a message about the 4 runner I was interested in when I was inquiring about a GR86 Premium.

I think it's a configuration error on the website.
Sirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:30 AM   #207
XdjlX

Drives: rx7
I just got a call this morning telling me my local dealer in Iowa has an allocation with a VIN assigned. He started the vessel is due on Dec 9th.

We are all locked in at MSRP for a Neptune premium.
XdjlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #208
gr88

Drives: GR88
Anyone else see the GR Appearance Package #1 showing the wrong price on the configurator? It's showing as $249 in the configurator but the spec sheet the dealer showed me shows the appropriate $612 (same price as adding all the individual pieces separately).
gr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #209
GR 86

Drives: 2022 Neptune GR86 Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by XdjlX View Post
I just got a call this morning telling me my local dealer in Iowa has an allocation with a VIN assigned. He started the vessel is due on Dec 9th.

We are all locked in at MSRP for a Neptune premium.
congrats! i got same car on deposit. manual (if that’s not assumed.. don’t mean to offend..)
GR 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:42 AM   #210
XdjlX

Drives: rx7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR 86 View Post
congrats! i got same car on deposit. manual (if that’s not assumed.. don’t mean to offend..)
Assume away, as you are correct. I was open to a number of colors, and this just happen to be the dealers first and only allocation at this time.
XdjlX is offline   Reply With Quote