follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #15
Chimera

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I just want to say COOL!
yup, that's it.
Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #16
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Things take time to do correctly folks. Our maps are thoroughly tested in a number of cars, in many conditions, before they are released.
Thanks for putting in the time and effort to do things correctly instead of rushing an unfinished product to market. We may get fussy about the wait, but we do appreciate the professionalism and thoroughness you display.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:51 AM   #17
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

Drives: fr-s, tundra
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I see this, and think "Wow looks pretty awesome for $320!" and then think "Wow there e85 is 3 miles from my house and costs $3.20!"

maybe time to switch to e85..
Old 04-05-2014, 03:28 AM   #18
Victor Draken

Drives: Toyota Gt86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
EL maps will be released at the same time as UEL maps. We have not shown any favoritism between the two so I'm not sure what you are concerned about. There are just as many EL maps as there are UEL maps.

E85 maps will be released as well . Things take time to do correctly folks. Our maps are thoroughly tested in a number of cars, in many conditions, before they are released.
Any dyno graph to see?
I still believe in you shiv. Bought the BPB from you as soon as it befane available. I would like to see dyno chart for EL as well, to have an idea of how good OTS EL map is doing.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #19
youcantseeme24

Drives: 2013 subaru brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Draken View Post
Where are EL maps test?

I feel srsly left behind in maps development as I have an EL Header.
It's not nice... I will probably switch to another tuning solution if EL ppl don't get same support of UEL ones soon
Because threatening him should do the trick....smh
youcantseeme24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #20
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Where are EL maps test?

I feel srsly left behind in maps development as I have an EL Header.
It's not nice... I will probably switch to another tuning solution if EL ppl don't get same support of UEL ones soon
You do realize that you can use any tune you want with the OFT, right?

The OTS tunes that Shiv provides can also be used with other tuning solutions (if you wanted, you could use the OTS maps with ecutek) as well.

Threatening to stop using the OFT because he isn't providing you with FREE tunes is a pretty weak argument.

If you're so concerned about having such an optimal tune for your car, an OTS free map is never going to be the right solution for you. OTS tunes are decent, but if you want the most out of a tune you NEED a custom tune done on your car after you're done changing out parts (or re-tuned after more parts are changed).

For the record, I'm in no way slamming any canned tunes, they work as advertised. But no tuner will disagree that a custom tune will be better overall than a generic tune that has to be safe across different cars, conditions, gases, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
argonaddict (04-05-2014), lucid215 (06-27-2014)
Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #21
TouchMyHonda
Vtec Jesus

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Golf R, 15 Audi S4
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Hummmm
OFT Remote, OFH, Motiv OP & FP, Perrin 3' CB & 3' IT, Setrab/MoCal cooler, STI motor mounts, Wilwood 6/4 plot F&R 12.8 kits, Brake ducts, complete Whiteline catalog, complete bushing replacement, OSGiken clutch & Diff, 4.556 FD, Stance W/Spec valving 8/9 Swift.
TouchMyHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #22
Basket Case

Drives: 2013 Raven fr-s
I wish my wallet was deeper...
Basket Case is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basket Case For This Useful Post:
nor cal frs (10-03-2014), wootwoot (04-05-2014)
Old 04-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #23
Victor Draken

You guys are kidding me right?

We probably have two different idea of what is a threat in our own mind.

That was a simple fact. He can ignore or acknowledge that I feel as a customer not happy about How there aren't any dyno charts of EL maps neither for BPB or simple stage 2 etc. when there are plenty for UEL.

I don't see any threat. I can be the only one customer unhappy and he will
Not even bother reading me but what if there were more ppl not being happy about it? Then my statement would have been cheered up and not called as a threat right?

Just be real, I stated my hopinion. If I don't see a bit more involvement in giving results for ppl with EL header I'll just switch to a different tuning solution.
That's it. I'm not talking trash of shiv or anything, neither I'm saying the maps are not good or whatever you are implying.

What's the problem with it?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #24
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Shiv provides dyno charts for his own UEL header because he's also selling the headers. You don't see him providing dynos for anyone else's UEL headers, just his own. Just because a header is UEL doesn't mean it'll behave anything like another UEL header, tuned or untuned.

You can always go get your own car dynoed, or just be happy with how it performs without seeing a chart. If you're looking to get the most power you can from your setup, you'll need someone to custom tune your car on a dyno, not rely on canned tunes.
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (04-06-2014)
Old 04-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #25
Walla Walla
Hicas Thread Basher

Drives: Subaru BRZ 13, Hyundai Genesis 15
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

That was a simple fact. He can ignore or acknowledge that I feel as a customer not happy about How there aren't any dyno charts of EL maps neither for BPB or simple stage 2 etc. when there are plenty for UEL.

Not even bother reading me but what if there were more ppl not being happy about it? Then my statement would have been cheered up and not called as a threat right?

Just be real, I stated my hopinion. If I don't see a bit more involvement in giving results for ppl with EL header I'll just switch to a different tuning solution.
That's it. I'm not talking trash of shiv or anything, neither I'm saying the maps are not good or whatever you are implying.

you just need to understand that you bought a device that let you tune your car, by yourself or a tuner

And that Shiv is GIVING you tunes, for different modification setup, as benchmark

So if you imply that your are *not happy* that someone do not *give free of charge* more to you, than maybe you just don't get it at all..

If I want a specific tune to my car, I will pay for tuning. since I bought OFT, the product has evolved so much that I don't even need to pay for tuning services. Maybe one day! But for now, I don't complain and I won't complain about someone who doesn't give me something that I don't pay for (custom tune)... just give the man a break....
Walla Walla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #26
StormTrooper

Drives: Pavement MT GR86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
There are EL stg2 maps not sure what you're talking about. If this was released it would be the first map available for UEL that wasn't for EL and we don't know if that isn't the next map in the works.

Try unbunching your panties.
Basket Case (04-05-2014)
Old 04-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #27
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

you are being unrealistic. The Crawford Billet Power Block was just released and your expecting Maps for every possibility. You should be grateful for everything that Vishnu Tuning has provided to the community to date and wait for more to come. Think about it,.. the first and more important step in this project was determine demand. Then to negotiate some type of group purchasing discount with Crawford. This way he can purchase the product and sell to us at a discounted or break even sale. $320 vs $400 is a no brainer if your have OFT dollars. Then the company installed, tuned and spent hours working the project to make sure its safe and gives the power stated. They still have work to do and they have kept us in the loop. 91 octane, corn juice and EL are next. His header is UEL so he has the right to support that first. Just chill.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boofneenee For This Useful Post:
argonaddict (04-05-2014), gramicci101 (04-05-2014), hmong337 (04-07-2014), Lonewolf (04-05-2014), lucid215 (06-27-2014), Yobiwan (04-05-2014)
Old 04-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #28
Victor Draken

I'm chill guys.

The point is not that I want an uber awesome super perfect free of charge Tune from shiv.
What I'm saying is: since OFT came out I have never seen one EL chart. They must certainly dyno-street tune an EL car to develop OTS. So why not giving us at least one or two charts? I understand that he sells UEL, I understand that the device is what he sells and not OTS but he provides maps with his OFT and so as a customer I'm trying to express my frustration in not seeing even one EL charts/post that tell us difference/pros/cons.

Anyway let's get back on topic.

Disclaimer: I'M NOT CRITICISING THE QUALITY OF SHIV WORK IN ANYWAY. I BELIEVE HE IS A VERY GOOD TUNER AND THAT OTS MAPS ARE GREAT. SO FOR ANYONE READING MY POSTS DONT GET IT WRONG PLEASE

End OT