follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
TougeFR-S

Drives: Mazda Speed Miata
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
REALLY! .... other options

honestly ive been following the 86 for the past 4 years since I started following the car in 2008.... but as more facts come to perdition honestly I am not impressed... I just cant justify a car that is going to be 24k and only have 200 hp and with the limited quantities produced you can expect an absourd markup ....(ive heard of up to 5k for brz's) i can see my self driving about 5 other cars in the price range which would rock the socks off this car... BMW 135i (yeah i know they have a fuel pump issue)... mitsu evo X.... i had a friend take a 90 degree onramp going 110 mph i couldnt get my face off the right hand window due to g forces...a used 2008 corvette with 426 hp and perfect wd ... a 370z which has the most sex appeal(yeah i know they need upgraded brake substance and a oil cooler.... .... well ive driven a miata for the past 6 years so i know about the weight over power but ive also driven 350z's, evo,s, and a 1993 GTR .... their is nothing awd cant fix and their is a huge undepowered powerplant in the ft86 .... screw it this is the dig ... i know how to track fast but honestly any of those cars would simply leave this car in the dust..... and for 23-25k for a new scion fr-s i could own any of these new....not gonna spray out my opinions but really.... it seems it has happened...i know its in a different class as far as tracking but seriously i dont suspect this car treating aftermarket parts with respect.... you cant get power out of a damn boxer with na parts you just cant and its been proven....and i dont think the d4-s injection system willl prove anything different... this car does seem like a high 14 second car but seriously i just got off autotrader and found a dmn 135i for 25k.........seriously
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
KevinDuMa

Drives: 2004 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
sigh...
Old 03-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,058 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
There's a lot of thing I wanna say, but I'll just gonna say this instead

"Go for it. It's not something you expected? Then go buy other car. It's not NASA math equation, it's simply you buy or you don't"
Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
TougeFR-S

let me guess your one of those "it puts the driver in focus guys" ... yeah puts the driver in focus .... fun car .... slow as fuck.... your gonna nened a supercharger or turbo charger to even COMPETE!... those damn Cobalt SS's are gonna OWN YOU....
Old 03-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #5
Canibuz

Drives: BRZ SOON!
Garage
In before "kthxbai"

This isn't the first thread stating your concerns and it won't be the last. However I will go ahead and say what all posts after mine will mimic. Sure the FRS/BRZ won't be a powerhouse in its stock form, nor will it be setting 0-60 record times. But this car is about handling not about speed. And if you have REALLY followed the development you would of known this ALONG time ago. Now we would all love more power, power is always good. But you have a miata? They have the most smiles per mile. Handling delights! This car will be similar. However if your concerns are power then maybe you should be looking at a GC or another one of the vehicles you mentioned. Regardless if you stay with us or defect, god speed and prepare for the flood of negative comments, because to me and everyone else it looks like your just trolling bro.

The member of the BRZerhood formerly known as Reypt
How to spot a troll
Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #6
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeFR-S View Post
let me guess your one of those "it puts the driver in focus guys" ... yeah puts the driver in focus .... fun car .... slow as fuck.... your gonna nened a supercharger or turbo charger to even COMPETE!... those damn Cobalt SS's are gonna OWN YOU....
Never said any of those did I? I just simply said, "It's not something you expected? Then go buy other car." So don't put a word into my mouth.

Don't like getting burned by Cobalt SS? Then buy some v8 American Muscle car. It's your damn car, not mine. I careless what you buy, it won't effect me one single bit
Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
GenkiElite

Drives: 91 Corolla (dd) S14 (daily drifter)
ibtl
Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #8
whitejdm

Drives: BRZ prem.
don't feed the troll, maybe he'll go away....
Old 03-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #9
TougeFR-S

I might buy but I might not...
Honestly this seems like a pathetic pos bastard child made to decrease costs and increase mass histaria.... im tired of the shit this car has unfolded and bloomed into a not so fantastic car..... if you expect super sub 15's quarter mile times your fucked.... if you expect this car to get around the track as fast as a equally modded 23000k miata your in luck(somewhat).... but a miata is nothing without forced induction yeah they can last with others in their class and beat them (Ford Zx3, honda civic si, hyunda genesis.) but what were working with is a 200 hp car that has very good center of gravity and weights in at 2800lbs ok 2764lbs.... whatever.... which is over 200lbs more than a miata less than 20 hp more than a miata.... the motor was underrated....soooo. your paying 25k for a car that cant even beat a ford.....(FIX OR REPAIR DAILY)
Old 03-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #10
Canibuz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Never said any of those did I? I just simply said, "It's not something you expected? Then go buy other car." So don't put a word into my mouth.

Don't like getting burned by Cobalt SS? Then buy some v8 American Muscle car. It's your damn car, not mine. I careless what you buy, it won't effect me one single bit

this...
Attached Images

How to spot a troll
Old 03-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #11
TougeFR-S

HAH post videos of your "supper handling RWD FT86" or super drifting FT86/BRZ ..... my 10 bucks goes to say you just drive this thing for eliticism and style
Old 03-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #12
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
I might buy but I might not...
Honestly this seems like a pathetic pos bastard child made to decrease costs and increase mass histaria.... im tired of the shit this car has unfolded and bloomed into a not so fantastic car..... if you expect super sub 15's quarter mile times your fucked.... if you expect this car to get around the track as fast as a equally modded 23000k miata your in luck(somewhat).... but a miata is nothing without forced induction yeah they can last with others in their class and beat them (Ford Zx3, honda civic si, hyunda genesis.) but what were working with is a 200 hp car that has very good center of gravity and weights in at 2800lbs ok 2764lbs.... whatever.... which is over 200lbs more than a miata less than 20 hp more than a miata.... the motor was underrated....soooo. your paying 25k for a car that cant even beat a ford.....(FIX OR REPAIR DAILY)
Again, if you don't like that spec, don't buy it. Want a turbo? Go buy GC? We're not here to convince to buy this car. Hell, we won't make any money convincing anyone buying this car.

Again, bitching at us won't do anything. Look for other car that fit your wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibuz View Post
this...
Now, now... I'm pretty sure some of V8 Muscle cars are nice.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #13
TougeFR-S

and 5.0's were actualy 4.8's .... whatever ... keep dreaming... this car is gonna suck.... good for scion = sub 15 sec 1/4 mile and as far as handling... lets see this thing compared to a miata... i bet it gets dominated except for the straight lines.... hrmmmm 30yrs of refinement vs omg 4yrs

i dont want to create enemies but lets sit back and actually realize the actuality of a car that weighs 2800lbs and puts down 200hp to the crank.... the RSX weight less
Old 03-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #14
Canibuz

Garage
Quote:
HAH post videos of your "supper handling RWD FT86" or super drifting FT86/BRZ ..... my 10 bucks goes to say you just drive this thing for eliticism and style
[u2b]C59kHy9nd1Y[/u2b]

How to spot a troll

Closed Thread