follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #113
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggpaul View Post
AVOID PUENTE HILLS. First of all I had sent an E-mail to Jeff the head sales manager regarding John Everett. Here it is.

Hello Jeff, this is Paul. You had sent me an e-mail based on my overall experience with Puente Hills Subaru. You had mentioned:

I just want to say that I had the worst experience ever with your salesman John Everett. I had called about the new Subaru BRZ. Before I go any further, I want to say that I'm 25 years of age, old enough to understand what is going on in today's economy (which I'll go into further details). I've been driving a Toyota Camry (1992) with 335k miles. Therefore, I was excited to ask John all kinds of questions. However, his customer service was beyond terrible.

The first thing I had asked John was about the difference of an STI and a BRZ as well as the similarities. For some reason, it felt like he was insulted that I had even brought up that the two cars were "similar." First of all, I know NOTHING about cars. As I had mentioned, I had questions to ask and I want to ask the expert which was John, or so I would think. He answered in such a mocking way that had already pissed me off. For example "Well you can't compare the two." Instead of responding that way, he could have responded differently such as "Actually, the cars are completely different from each other." Does that make sense?

After he responded in that fashion, I decided to go straight to the question "Do you have the BRZ? My family and I are willing to pay the car in full cash." He responded that you guys are out, but he could make an order. Just like any customer would, I wanted to ask for the best deal in the most polite way possible. In return, he had responded in such a way where he had to lecture me about the "times being tough" (going back to the economy). He told me how he wouldn't make any money and that's the reason why he can't go any lower. So now I felt as if I'm here to benefit the SALESMAN more than myself. I believe that if you're going to work for a company such as SUBARU, you want to provide the best quality services out there. NO salesman should EVER bring up their own financial issue, and telling me that they can't give me a discount due to that reason.

Here's where it got even worse. As I was going to ask him another question, John had CUT me off immediately (this was all on the phone by the way), and had told me "Just talk to your parents and we'll go from there." That very moment, I had told him off and I felt completely disrespected. It made me finally realize that John here, is only going after a sale. It was TOO obvious at this point and that he didn't want to waste his time. And like I said, to be a really good salesman and NOT just for the money, you should have a great connection with a potential buyer. I told him, "Why are you getting off the phone with me? I'm trying to ask you questions. I'm a serious buyer and yet you're getting off the phone with me?" John was being defensive and told me "No I wasn't I'm here to help." But of course that wasn't the deal if he had to cut me off and tell me to talk to my parents first.

And THEN, there was a customer at the store where John was trying to get the persons attention. I told John, what was that about? And John replied "The guy must be deaf, he can't hear me." Which I thought was completely rude, even though it wasn't on my end but the fact how John treats his customers.

It's important for me to bring this issue to you, because like I said, Subaru is a fantastic company that should not tolerate any type of rude behavior from your sales team. I was a very serious buyer when it came to the BRZ, and instead I had gone for the FR-S because I was treated in a much more respectful manner.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. - Paul
Puente Hills Subaru
17801 E Gale Ave
City of Industry,CA 91748
626-626-4800
*Dealers*

<Name>
Helpfulness: 0
Knowledge of Vehicle: 0
"Willing to go out of the way": 0
Personality: 0
Level of Shady-ness: 0
Scumbag Level: 0
Keeping you informed (contact) Level: 0

*Overall Dealership*
General Manager's helpfulness: 5
Community Oriented:0
Informed:3
Overall Helpfulness: 2
Service: 0
Pricing on their Vehicle: $5,000 marked up.
Overall treatment: 3 (would have been 0 but the manager stepped up)

I will say again. Avoid these scumbags. John Everett if anything.
I can second this...these guys are mega d-bags from personal experience...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #114
ggpaul
socalsouthbay_86

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC in SD View Post
Hi guys, I'm new on this forum. This is my first post here (even tho I have browsed around here unregistered) but I have the Limited BRZ /w the manual at San Bernardino reserved for $28,688.00 (after being on the wait list) and they called me yesterday to tell me it can be mine. It doesn't get better than MSRP right? Think I should just go ahead and get this one? The dealer is Wes Bell.
GET IT.
ggpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #115
midnightfrolic

Drives: Scion FRS A/T raven
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
any experience with Longo Scion?

I was looking to order a Raven FRS with the 5Axis kits in another thread. Jeff from Longo Scion chimed in and offered some help. Anyone have any experience with Longo Scion?

edit: I have been treated very well at most dealers I've been to, but after reading some entries here, I am dumbfounded. I thought markups are outright illegal and the dealers can get into some deep SHIT. I've worked in retail and when a retailer marks up items, usually the manufacturer pulls their entire product line (i.e. Dell, Gateway, Apple).
midnightfrolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #116
Marrk

Drives: Honda Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightfrolic View Post
I was looking to order a Raven FRS with the 5Axis kits in another thread. Jeff from Longo Scion chimed in and offered some help. Anyone have any experience with Longo Scion?

edit: I have been treated very well at most dealers I've been to, but after reading some entries here, I am dumbfounded. I thought markups are outright illegal and the dealers can get into some deep SHIT. I've worked in retail and when a retailer marks up items, usually the manufacturer pulls their entire product line (i.e. Dell, Gateway, Apple).

Jeff Chang, Longo Scion

I haven't bought a car from him yet, but I have enjoyed my contacts with him so far, and if I buy an FR-S, I will likely buy from him. Others have told me good things about him, too.

Good luck.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #117
Speed2th
I love my series blue brz

Drives: 2010 335d
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightfrolic View Post

Jeff is a great guy and hardcore toyota fan. It was definitely a pleasure to deal with him. on the side note, when i had my car accident (my fault) with other toyota, i asked him for help and he helped get discounted part.
Speed2th is offline   Reply With Quote