follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Obama is a huge sellout, just look at all the money the government handed out in the past few years...he had something to do with that! :mad:

Santorum is such a joke, I don't even understand how he has people voting for him. America, sigh.

I haven't read that much into the candidates, but I like Ron Paul because he seems consistent and appeals to reason. I also like that he is getting no lobbyist support
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
lol. What was he talking about?

What the heck. Even Fox news was in on that story! Maybe we need to do some massive protesting. That's just not cool.

He was talking about sex and gays. He said he talks about sex more than gays did. From what I remember. Lol

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Obama is a fool, nothing more. Well he's a good speaker too.

Not that we have great choices, but I'd take Romney over Obama anyday.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
+1. He is the worst.
+1
Without a doubt, as young as I am I will learn from my mistakes.

But rest assure I will not be voting for Rick Santorum.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
Undecided

Drives: Suzuki Esteem 1998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
+1. He is the worst.
You guys fail to realize that out of all them out there. Obama is the only one that IS HUMAN. Everyone else only wants power, and want the rich to get richer. That's been the main problem with the States, seeking power, it's why you guys are so hated all around the world. That mentality does not bring any good, only hatred and suffering.

Obama seems like a down-to-Earth kind of guy. He is fun to hang with, guy can play basketball, can sing, lol seriously he is a regular guy. The other candidates are a bunch of greedy bastards that only want more $$. How is a guy like that going to help your country grow to be a better nation? Now however, if what you want is to be alienated and keep the hatred going, then go ahead and vote for those candidates. It's your country after all
Undecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Undecided

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Obama is a huge sellout, just look at all the money the government handed out in the past few years...he had something to do with that! :mad:

Santorum is such a joke, I don't even understand how he has people voting for him. America, sigh.

I haven't read that much into the candidates, but I like Ron Paul because he seems consistent and appeals to reason. I also like that he is getting no lobbyist support
Ron Paul is a racist
Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #20
Undecided

Quote:

?? Sellout? The bailout had to be done to save the US economy. Look at GM now they've had record profits in their 103 year history. Seriously, some things need to be done in order to secure the economic stability of a country. Obama's been doing a great job so far.

To partially fix the MESS that Bush made in only 4 years, that's impressive. Just give the guy 4 more years and your country will be on its way to glory.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
You guys fail to realize that out of all them out there. Obama is the only one that IS HUMAN. Everyone else only wants power, and want the rich to get richer. That's been the main problem with the States, seeking power, it's why you guys are so hated all around the world. That mentality does not bring any good, only hatred and suffering.

Obama seems like a down-to-Earth kind of guy. He is fun to hang with, guy can play basketball, can sing, lol seriously he is a regular guy. The other candidates are a bunch of greedy bastards that only want more $$. How is a guy like that going to help your country grow to be a better nation? Now however, if what you want is to be alienated and keep the hatred going, then go ahead and vote for those candidates. It's your country after all
I could care less if he can shoot a basketball or comes off as a down to earth guy....what I don't want are his spread the wealth policies...nothing against him.

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quote:

Whoa whoa whoa. I don't want my thread getting into a political war. Let's just leave that for another place.

Anyways I'm going to go derail that dangerous moment with....

Another quote!

"Women shouldn't be fighting in wars their emotions are unstable and could do drastic things to the country."
- Rick Santorum

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Ron Paul is a racist
Really? Show me, I'd like to see... the "yes, a restaurant should be able to refuse a black man service if they want to" does not count. I believe that is a valid interpretation of the restaurant owner's rights.

You think Obama isn't in it for the money? He has plenty of friends in the industry, and I'm pretty sure he had a part in the massive amounts of government money that were given to these people. Funny people think of Obama as a "spread the wealth" guy, he seems to be sending a lot of money to people who have a lot of money. The reason I like Ron Paul right now is that lobbyists hate him. Why? Because they know they're not getting anything out of him. That's what our country needs, less money handed out to people with connections and power, more savings for the taxpayers.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #24
Undecided

Quote:
I could care less if he can shoot a basketball or comes off as a down to earth guy....what I don't want are his spread the wealth policies...nothing against him.
Why's that? You truly believe the rich should pay the tax rates they are paying now?

How does it make ANY sense that Warren Buffet pays less tax than his secretary? When the guy pockets BILLIONS every year?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
Undecided

Quote:
Really? Show me, I'd like to see... the "yes, a restaurant should be able to refuse a black man service if they want to" does not count. I believe that is a valid interpretation of the restaurant owner's rights.

You think Obama isn't in it for the money? He has plenty of friends in the industry, and I'm pretty sure he had a part in the massive amounts of government money that were given to these people. Funny people think of Obama as a "spread the wealth" guy, he seems to be sending a lot of money to people who have a lot of money. The reason I like Ron Paul right now is that lobbyists hate him. Why? Because they know they're not getting anything out of him. That's what our country needs, less money handed out to people with connections and power, more savings for the taxpayers.
You're speculating I'm just saying, the guy is extremely charismatic and intelligent. The other candidates are extremely stupid, bad mannered and lack everything I would want for a president. I find it hard to believe how these guys have such a strong support behind them, it truly baffles me. You need educated people to run your country, period.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #26
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Why's that? You truly believe the rich should pay the tax rates they are paying now?

How does it make ANY sense that Warren Buffet pays less tax than his secretary? When the guy pockets BILLIONS every year?
He does spread the wealth around too you know. I can't recall exactly but didn't the guy drop a huge amount of money to bailout a Bank of America?

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #27
Undecided

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
He does spread the wealth around too you know. I can't recall exactly but didn't the guy drop a huge amount of money to bailout a Bank of America?
He is not making anyone rich... he is doing that to SAVE the economy and banks are a HUGE part in that. He imposed a lot of sanctions when the bailout was given also, things don't work as they used to anymore.

So you're proposing he does not give any money to the banks and then what? How do we move on? Do we halt the buying/selling of homes? Investment? Oil? How can anyone ever get anything if the banks are closed?

Same with GM, if the US government doesn't bailout the auto makers... then thousands of people will be without jobs. It's the government's responsibility to keep the economy alive and if that mean a bailout must be given, then that's what needs to be done. Lots of people went to prison and got sanctioned when the bailout occurred, is not like it was "here's your money now please don't screw up again" type of thing.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #28
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

I admit the 3 big Republican candidates are certifiable. But you must think very highly of President Obama to hold that opinion. I won't argue with you since that is your opinion

Quote:
Ron Paul is a racist
That's just not true. You are misinformed. He is not racist, has no history of racism, and I have yet to see any proof otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Whoa whoa whoa. I don't want my thread getting into a political war. Let's just leave that for another place.

Anyways I'm going to go derail that dangerous moment with....

Another quote!

"Women shouldn't be fighting in wars their emotions are unstable and could do drastic things to the country."
- Rick Santorum
Screw Santorum. I want my Amazonian style warrior women. Mandatory military service, all females, now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote