follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 02-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Where we talk about two wheeled vehicles. Motorbikes!

I searched every possibility on "motorbikes" through search from scooters, bicycles to harleys(?). Nothing popped.

So I decided to start one.

There have been TONS of motorcycle accidents out there (mostly due to dumbass drivers not sharing the road and paying attention) and I figured hey... why not get some quality(?) info on products.. ferrings.. different bikes etc.

My BF dropped his Honda CBR600 not too long ago when we were both riding together. It was due to the cause of a very 2 lane both ways U-turn. And for those who ride bikes... U-turns are the hardest damn things ever!

Now my bf is looking for some bitchin' S2K or Tesla Yellow and matte black ferrings. Only problem is.. the China-bro we're buying from on e-bay doesn't have it, so do any of you biker guys know where to get some quality ferrings? Racing Bars perhaps? (I know I asked you already Arnold! :P)

Aside from that...

Down the line when we get a place to live he's planning to get a Triumph Scrambler. Which in all honesty... looks badass.

Whatchu motoheads think!?

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
old greg
Rocket Surgeon

Drives: PSM GGA OMG
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
do any of you biker guys know where to get some quality ferrings? Racing Bars perhaps?
By any chance, do you mean fairings and clip-ons?

I'm a fan of SharkSkinz and Woodcraft.
old greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
Infernal
NO FI?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: BMW e92 330D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Down the line when we get a place to live he's planning to get a Triumph Scrambler. Which in all honesty... looks badass.

Whatchu motoheads think!?
Just get the scrambler now :P or a Daytona 675 (i loved my daytona, was awesome)

what do you ride?
Old 02-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old greg View Post
By any chance, do you mean fairings and clip-ons?

I'm a fan of SharkSkinz and Woodcraft.
Fairings yes! But clip-ons? I thought they've always been called racing bars. o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
Just get the scrambler now :P or a Daytona 675 (i loved my daytona, was awesome)

what do you ride?
What happened to your Daytona?

And I'm wayyy too tiny to ride. :P I passenger for a CBR600RR

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
old greg
Rocket Surgeon

Drives: PSM GGA OMG
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
But clip-ons? I thought they've always been called racing bars. o_O
I've never heard them referred to as such.
old greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Fairings yes! But clip-ons? I thought they've always been called racing bars. o_O

In sport bikes, they are clip ons instead of a long bar. Dirt bikes have handle bar though.
If you're small, scooter might be good for you.

I plan to skip riding this season. haven't found what I should get yet, but I have my eyes on Duc Diavel for a few months now.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
suprachica79

Drives: free Hyundai, 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
Do you guys think maybe she's talking about racing railz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
Reminds me that I need to work on finding a JDM girlfriend, or maybe JDM modified for US use as I don't think I could learn Japanese.
suprachica79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
Dark
Elite Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprachica79 View Post
Do you guys think maybe she's talking about racing railz?
I have no clue man.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Yeah, I try and post some moto stuff here but it gets no luv!

Momo, what year is your bf's CBR? The China stuff can be hit or miss but from the frequent posts I've seen, it boils down to "you get what you pay for". Unfortunately, aside from OEM, these are the closest alternative to an OEM fairings that are ABS plastic.

I've seen some of the guys on the Ducati forum buy the China made fairings and use them as track bodywork but not so much for race bodywork since the tech requirement requires a sealed bellypan and blocked off lights. I've seen some ABS plastic race fairings but not too much availablity for most sportbikes.

For clipons, used parts on the forums or aftermarket are your only choices. There are not too many oem type of parts and I had Woodcraft on my R6 racebike. These are more aggressive and since they are meant for a race setup, you'll have to drill the holes for the turnsignal/high beam and starter/kill switches.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...aft%3AClip-Ons

I hope we can have a Motorcycle specific section added sooner or later. Cars are fun in all but kind of boring compared to riding a moto.

My next ride

Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
Dark
Elite Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Yeah, I try and post some moto stuff here but it gets no luv!

Momo, what year is your bf's CBR? The China stuff can be hit or miss but from the frequent posts I've seen, it boils down to "you get what you pay for". Unfortunately, aside from OEM, these are the closest alternative to an OEM fairings that are ABS plastic.

I've seen some of the guys on the Ducati forum buy the China made fairings and use them as track bodywork but not so much for race bodywork since the tech requirement requires a sealed bellypan and blocked off lights. I've seen some ABS plastic race fairings but not too much availablity for most sportbikes.

For clipons, used parts on the forums or aftermarket are your only choices. There are not too many oem type of parts and I had Woodcraft on my R6 racebike. These are more aggressive and since they are meant for a race setup, you'll have to drill the holes for the turnsignal/high beam and starter/kill switches.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...aft%3AClip-Ons

I hope we can have a Motorcycle specific section added sooner or later. Cars are fun in all but kind of boring compared to riding a moto.

My next ride

So you're going with Duc 1199 Panigale?
I love the bike, it's absolutely pure sex on two wheels. I couldn't believe Duc came up with a better design than 848/1098/1198. I just think that I will go with naked bike this time.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
Infernal
NO FI?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: BMW e92 330D
Quote:

I sold it to buy a new car - my car at the time was staring to require some pain in the ass work to it so i got rid for my old MS6 - got tired of that for my BMW, and now i want a bike again!

I'm torn between a GSXR 750, MV Agusta F3, 2012 KTM Duke 690, Daytona 675R, or a Triumph Thunderbird Storm

i'm sure you could fit on a ninja 250 or similar? suzuki gladius?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post

My next ride

a moto section would be cool -especially with the motoGP season coming up, stoners time's are crazy already, but i heard that the hondas are using too much fuel to be able to get them around a full race :X

the panigale is awesome - there has been rumors of a new 750 using the testaressa? (cant remember the technology name) to replace the 848
Old 02-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
If I were in the mkt for a streetbike my money would go to a Ninja ZX-6 or a GSX-R 750. I'd lean more towards 750. But in all honesty, I haven't rode regularly in so many years I'd probably scare myself.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
BTW, that Duc 1198 IS purse sex on wheels!!!
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #14
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
So you're going with Duc 1199 Panigale?
I love the bike, it's absolutely pure sex on two wheels. I couldn't believe Duc came up with a better design than 848/1098/1198. I just think that I will go with naked bike this time.
I saw the Panigale at the Long Beach Motorcycle show and compared to my 1098/1198/848 design, the Panigale looked like a supermodel and the 1198/848 looked like the girl next door. I too was suprised that Ducati has set the bar this high.

I only have the 1098 and plan on getting the Panigale later on since I learned my lesson by waiting impatiently for the 1098. The following season, FIM approved 1200cc for twins and out came the 1198. SMH!!
The gf gave the thumbs up as long as I take her for a ride up PCH and stop for a bite to eat at one of the local restaurants facing the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
I sold it to buy a new car - my car at the time was staring to require some pain in the ass work to it so i got rid for my old MS6 - got tired of that for my BMW, and now i want a bike again!

I'm torn between a GSXR 750, MV Agusta F3, 2012 KTM Duke 690, Daytona 675R, or a Triumph Thunderbird Storm

i'm sure you could fit on a ninja 250 or similar? suzuki gladius?

a moto section would be cool -especially with the motoGP season coming up, stoners time's are crazy already, but i heard that the hondas are using too much fuel to be able to get them around a full race :X

the panigale is awesome - there has been rumors of a new 750 using the testaressa? (cant remember the technology name) to replace the 848
Dude, F3!!!
I love Japanese bikes but there is something about those Italians!

Are you talking about the Testastretta Evoluzione or something newer for the 848?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers View Post
If I were in the mkt for a streetbike my money would go to a Ninja ZX-6 or a GSX-R 750. I'd lean more towards 750. But in all honesty, I haven't rode regularly in so many years I'd probably scare myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers View Post
BTW, that Duc 1198 IS purse sex on wheels!!!
What happened to the ZX6/ZX10, Zooks and CBR1000RR. They are so ugly now and only the R1/R6 seem to be the decent looking out of the bunch.

Momo, were clipons the part you were looking for were you looking into frame sliders n bar ends?

Frame sliders

Bar end sliders