follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #169
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I usually don't get involved in political threads but:

If you care about your civil liberties and still don't vote for Ron Paul in 2012, then you deserve the butt surfing you're going to get from the government over the next four years.

Google the Patriot Act, NDAA, FEMA camps, etc, etc, etc....and don't be naive thinking these things don't apply to you (yet).
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #170
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitTheGas View Post
You really shouldn't take discussions on the internet so seriously. Political gaffs are fine, it's just people having fun. None of any of this will change how the world is run. There's an ol' saying about arguing on the internet, something something something it's pointless.

I'm more concerned about how we vote now. Electronic voting? Using closed source code from private companies w/ no oversight or checks & balances? W/ no paper trail? Those machines are as secure as childproof locks. The system is only as strong as the weakest link, & that link is made of silly string.

India has it right. If we have to use electronic voting, it should be open source & vetted by the public to make it rock solid & trustable. Not only are their machines ridiculously cheaper than ours, they're ridiculously more secure.

p.s. I notice you mentioned Greece earlier; Iceland was right next to Greece in the worlds most indebted nations. Here's a an article about how they are prospering now after their financial crisis.
http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...ecovery-2012-1
So only in person discussions should be taken seriously? No wonder politicians don't care about the concerns of the average American.

Side not: I love people that start off a comment with, "I normally don't get into political discussions". This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, or even at this site in particular since I see this statement in many many places.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #171
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
Side not: I love people that start off a comment with, "I normally don't get into political discussions". This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, or even at this site in particular since I see this statement in many many places.

My bad...see that's why I don't get into these threads, lol

:happy0180:
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote