follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 10-28-2022, 03:18 PM   #1
imnotsureaboutbrz

Drives: between cars...
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone gotten a secondary TPMS' sync'd?

I put on my winter wheelset with TPMS' from tire rack. I took my car to the dealer for them to sync the set to the car. The service advisor looked at me like I was a idiot when I asked to get it set as a secondary ("Subarus don't do that"). So I asked him just to have them synced. An hour later I go check on the hold up and the express technician said that they were not able to get the TPMS to sync to the car. They said that this was the first brz they have seen in the service department and they didn't know what to do. So 2 main questions...?

1) Has anyone gotten a secondary wheelset sync'd?
2) If so, was it a tire rack sourced TPMS or a factory subaru set?
imnotsureaboutbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 03:29 PM   #2
Tr4ck_day

Drives: 22 BRZ
I have not yet, but I am planning to in the next day or two. I just bought a new set of wheels from Apex and all new TPMS sensors which they had listed on their site as confirmed to pair with the new BRZ. My service advisor ( I work at a Subaru dealership) said that its a breeze, you just plug in a scanner and tell the car to sync with the new sensors. I will come back and update this thread after I give it a shot and let you know how it goes.
Tr4ck_day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 12:14 AM   #3
eyeballs

Drives: '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
There's at least 2 decently long threads on this. The tirerack sensors work fine. With the universal scan tool you need to put in camry as the vehicle or it will not work. I did mine with one of the subaru techs at the dealership...with the subaru laptop you plug in the sensor numbers and save it to set 2 (or something along those lines, it's been awhile). More detailed info in those other threads.
eyeballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:02 PM   #4
imnotsureaboutbrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballs View Post
There's at least 2 decently long threads on this. The tirerack sensors work fine. With the universal scan tool you need to put in camry as the vehicle or it will not work. I did mine with one of the subaru techs at the dealership...with the subaru laptop you plug in the sensor numbers and save it to set 2 (or something along those lines, it's been awhile). More detailed info in those other threads.
This is good to know... I think I'll just pick up a scan tool... Just to find the right one...
Old 10-31-2022, 03:41 PM   #5
STLBRZ66

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Sapphire Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My dealership synced the second set no problem. I will probably sell the OEM 18" wheel/tire/TPMS setup but thought "just in case". One of the techs at dealership also has a 2022 BRZ so there was never a question. Paperwork even said ""Set up winter tire set for second TPMS" TireRack set. Before I took the BRZ in, I did not get an error, but the pressures did not register on the dash.
STLBRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 02:54 AM   #6
X25
Sr. Spiritual Advisor

Drives: 2023 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I do have an Autel TS508. Once I updated the tool firmware, I was able to choose 2022+ BRZ, and write the new sensors as a second set.

Since then, I bought a third set of wheels, and decided to go a different route. Instead of T6 TPMS from TireRack, I ordered programmable TPMS sensors and will set them to identical IDs as my second set. This way, I can swap tires as I wish and not bother having to do anything to make it work.

I'll test out the third set, soon, if the track day doesn't get cancelled : )
'19 Corvette Z06 Z07 (Track Build Thread)
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:06 AM   #7
ROFL it's Waffle
The guy w/o an FRS or BRZ

Drives: '23 GR86 Premium 6MT Halo White
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotsureaboutbrz View Post
I put on my winter wheelset with TPMS' from tire rack. I took my car to the dealer for them to sync the set to the car. The service advisor looked at me like I was a idiot when I asked to get it set as a secondary ("Subarus don't do that"). So I asked him just to have them synced. An hour later I go check on the hold up and the express technician said that they were not able to get the TPMS to sync to the car. They said that this was the first brz they have seen in the service department and they didn't know what to do. So 2 main questions...?

1) Has anyone gotten a secondary wheelset sync'd?
2) If so, was it a tire rack sourced TPMS or a factory subaru set?
This will be me whenever my 86 gets delivered. If a Suba-du dealership can't, try Toyo-da dealership.
ROFL it's Waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 12:20 PM   #8
imnotsureaboutbrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
I do have an Autel TS508. Once I updated the tool firmware, I was able to choose 2022+ BRZ, and write the new sensors as a second set.
Thanks I just put in a amazon order for one.