follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 08-17-2021, 02:26 PM   #15
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymshulman View Post
This is a great thread - I keep referencing it.

(n00b?) question: I purchased the Joying Hilux harness, and it only has a few pins on the 28-pin harness (for steering wheel controls and aux, I believe).

The wire to turn on the factory amp is a bare wire - it doesn't have the pin on the end of it, like the ones that are already inserted into the harness do. Is that something I can buy somewhere? (I'll also need some pins to wire in my factory reverse camera.)

You can use this website:
https://autoharnesshouse.com/
as a reference, and to also purchase different adapter harnesses as well as single pre-pinned wires to help you out with your install.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S2GT86 For This Useful Post:
ymshulman (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 03:00 PM   #16
ymshulman

Drives: '17 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
You can use this website:
https://autoharnesshouse.com/
as a reference, and to also purchase different adapter harnesses as well as single pre-pinned wires to help you out with your install.

Thanks! Although oddly enough, those look different than the pins in the socket…

This isn’t the kind of thing one can find at a hardware store, I take it?
ymshulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:05 AM   #17
ymshulman

Drives: '17 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Do the ground wires on the different ends of the DROK 12v-6v converter have to be connected to different ground points?

(I ask because I had almost enough pinned wires... If I can connect the ground wires without using the camera ground on pin 20 of the 28-pin, I can make do with what I have on hand.)

___

To clarify further - I have a harness from Joying, where all the ground wires it came pinned with, from all the various harnesses, all connect together. But the camera ground on pin 20 of the 28-pin was never connected. Can I either a) ground both ends of the DROK to the same place, or b) ground one end to this harness wire, and attach another to a chassis ground that I believe is somewhere in the cavity for the headunit? This would let me wire things up with what I can find in my toolbox.
ymshulman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dasaita, harness, headunit