follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
mauly
Junior Member
 
mauly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM corrupt when opening in RR

I'm running an SBD500x kit, OFT sent me a base tune to use but they are taking months to respond so I'm attempting to edit my tune but I get an error when opening the tune file in RR and all the numbers are scrambled. My cal id is ZA1JF40D, I am using the F40D OFT definition also. Obviously im a noob and missing something here but any help would be appreciated!

It won't let me attach the file but the filename is:
OTS OFT350 Full exhaust B01D_F40D
Is it somehow hacked to appear as F40D?
mauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,686
Thanks: 989
Thanked 4,769 Times in 2,859 Posts
Mentioned: 537 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauly View Post
I'm running an SBD500x kit, OFT sent me a base tune to use but they are taking months to respond so I'm attempting to edit my tune but I get an error when opening the tune file in RR and all the numbers are scrambled. My cal id is ZA1JF40D, I am using the F40D OFT definition also. Obviously im a noob and missing something here but any help would be appreciated!

It won't let me attach the file but the filename is:
OTS OFT350 Full exhaust B01D_F40D
Is it somehow hacked to appear as F40D?

Correct its likely your rom has calibration id hacks to allow oft to load a rom thtats not your native calid.


It woyld appear your rom is likely a B01D but calod hacked to look like an F40D.


So you would need a B01D definition to open it. However you would need to "hack" the B01D def to look like an F40D to fool romraider
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
mauly
Junior Member
 
mauly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Correct its likely your rom has calibration id hacks to allow oft to load a rom thtats not your native calid.


It woyld appear your rom is likely a B01D but calod hacked to look like an F40D.


So you would need a B01D definition to open it. However you would need to "hack" the B01D def to look like an F40D to fool romraider
Wayno's Definition tool tells me its an A00D hacked to an F40D, I've tried to hex edit a clean OFT A00D def but it leaves me with a few shoddy tables and numbers in random places, If you could help me make this work in RR i'll be more than glad to throw you a tip on paypal

attached the zipped tune file. SBD TURBO TUNE.zip
mauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #4
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,686
Thanks: 989
Thanked 4,769 Times in 2,859 Posts
Mentioned: 537 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauly View Post
Wayno's Definition tool tells me its an A00D hacked to an F40D, I've tried to hex edit a clean OFT A00D def but it leaves me with a few shoddy tables and numbers in random places, If you could help me make this work in RR i'll be more than glad to throw you a tip on paypal

attached the zipped tune file. Attachment 181214

Ok got a definition working. Yes its an old A00D rom. Those rom had a fult from factory with transient ignition retard not active id suggest you fix that as it can cause di injector issues if you do a lot of high rpm shifting.


Ive messaged you
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
turbo oft

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corrupt SD - blackvue dr650gw-2ch SmartedPanda Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 7 06-18-2016 10:57 PM
Need Help Opening Taillights in PDX XanRules Northwest 7 10-07-2015 05:07 PM
Ecutek Corrupt ECU, Bad Flash, Can i reset? gdrider77 Software Tuning 48 07-04-2014 12:25 AM
Trunk not opening grgonium Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 4 02-06-2013 03:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.