follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 09-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #43
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Poe View Post
Yeah, i have a Monogram so it's push start.
question: do you have a rough idea of how much you're going to charge for the controller to cycle through the display?
question 2: what would I have to buy to be able to update the odometer?
Not too sure about the price just yet. But for sure it will be a 2 digit number lol.

And to update the odometer you mean correct it right? Hmm well you would have to get yourself a EEPROM programmer or a OBD2 tool that will do that. But that OBD tools could get expensive. I might be willing to have people send me there cluster for me to correct them as a addon service.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #44
chiu

Drives: Monogram
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So i read through the post.

I also have a monogram edition. If I swap the 2017+ cluster (GR version) I won't be able to get the screen to properly work without the "controller".

BUT what if I just swapped to the new 2017+ steering wheel (GR version =p ). And somehow find a conversion harness?
@geraldjust @slashlee
chiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #45
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiu View Post
So i read through the post.

I also have a monogram edition. If I swap the 2017+ cluster (GR version) I won't be able to get the screen to properly work without the "controller".

BUT what if I just swapped to the new 2017+ steering wheel (GR version =p ). And somehow find a conversion harness?
@geraldjust @slashlee
Yes but but you will need the 2017 air bag, if your clock spring with the extra pins and the cluster harness. then you should be able to.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:19 AM   #46
chiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
Yes but but you will need the 2017 air bag, if your clock spring with the extra pins and the cluster harness. then you should be able to.
If I'm running the 2017 air bag and steering wheel, Why would you need the extra pin with the clock spring. Unless those extra pins are for the buttons on the steering wheel to control the screen?

Or I could just buy the 2017+ clock spring?

Thanks for the help @geraldjust
Old 09-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #47
geraldjust

Quote:
If I'm running the 2017 air bag and steering wheel, Why would you need the extra pin with the clock spring. Unless those extra pins are for the buttons on the steering wheel to control the screen?

Or I could just buy the 2017+ clock spring?

Thanks for the help @geraldjust
ah! i miss read that. so you got th 2017 car. well then i think you may just need to add the buttons and the harness from the cluster.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #48
chiu

Quote:
ah! i miss read that. so you got th 2017 car. well then i think you may just need to add the buttons and the harness from the cluster.
I have a 2014 monogram. I was just wonder for everything to work smoothly it would be best to get:

2017+ Cluster
2017+ Steering wheel w/ buttons
2017+ Clock spring
2017+ Air bag

and then somehow make shift a harness that connects the 3 buttons (KM/mph, ODO trip, disp) to the 2017 steering wheel buttons in order to get the screen to work on the 2017 cluster
Old 09-16-2018, 05:37 PM   #49
geraldjust

Quote:
I have a 2014 monogram. I was just wonder for everything to work smoothly it would be best to get:

2017+ Cluster
2017+ Steering wheel w/ buttons
2017+ Clock spring
2017+ Air bag

and then somehow make shift a harness that connects the 3 buttons (KM/mph, ODO trip, disp) to the 2017 steering wheel buttons in order to get the screen to work on the 2017 cluster
on the 2017+ its not the KM/ODO/disp buttons thats the issue. Those will work just fine and they are in the same place (exept for the disp button, the 2017+ dont use it). The issue is the 4 directional, center button and the back.

Your list is correct! but you just have to double make sure that the plug from the clockspring to the car matches your car. And Does anyone know the Female pins part number? Would be easy to crimp a pair of wires and add the pins to the back of the connector for both the clock spring connector and the Cluster connector.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #50
chiu

Quote:
on the 2017+ its not the KM/ODO/disp buttons thats the issue. Those will work just fine and they are in the same place (exept for the disp button, the 2017+ dont use it). The issue is the 4 directional, center button and the back.

Your list is correct! but you just have to double make sure that the plug from the clockspring to the car matches your car. And Does anyone know the Female pins part number? Would be easy to crimp a pair of wires and add the pins to the back of the connector for both the clock spring connector and the Cluster connector.
Thanks for the help!! i guess ill just have to find a wiring diagram when the time comes.

Also, about the new cluster I'm just wondering if you'd have the answer regarding G-Force meter, power and torque curves, a stopwatch function and a lap timer. Will all those be accessible I ask cause there's another post about it but he doesn't run though the other setting... LOL i just checked and it was you posting LMAO
Old 09-17-2018, 12:46 PM   #51
geraldjust

Quote:
Thanks for the help!! i guess ill just have to find a wiring diagram when the time comes.

Also, about the new cluster I'm just wondering if you'd have the answer regarding G-Force meter, power and torque curves, a stopwatch function and a lap timer. Will all those be accessible I ask cause there's another post about it but he doesn't run though the other setting... LOL i just checked and it was you posting LMAO
Oh yeah all those will work too once you get your navigation buttons working lol.
chiu (09-19-2018), CkOne (11-08-2018)
Old 04-30-2019, 11:24 PM   #52
slashlee

Drives: FT86 2013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

yes it will all works
slashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:01 PM   #53
Thefalls

Drives: Corolla GT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I have noticed that the JDM 86 has some menu language in the cluster in japanese.
Anyone knows if it can be switched to english?
Thanks.
Thefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #54
Iron Tank

Drives: Toyota GT 86 TRD Edition
Part Numbers for the GR Cluster Swap

Hello Guys

Is there anyone that knows the part numbers are for the GR or other Limted / Sport models eg. 2019 TRD typeClusters. Also is there any functionality issues when installing it on the older push to start models.
Iron Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #55
Iron Tank

Drives: Toyota GT 86 TRD Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefalls View Post
I have noticed that the JDM 86 has some menu language in the cluster in japanese.
Anyone knows if it can be switched to english?
Thanks.
Hi there mate did you have much luck trying to swap out the clusters and do you perhaps have any part numbers.
Iron Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #56
Thefalls

Drives: Corolla GT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Tank View Post
Hi there mate did you have much luck trying to swap out the clusters and do you perhaps have any part numbers.
Nothing till date.
Thefalls is offline   Reply With Quote