follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 12-28-2019, 12:32 AM   #1
jbsali

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ (Limited)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Aftermarket Deck; Startup issues

I bought a new Pioneer NEX Deck a few months back and noticed that the Deck goes through its usual phase: Backlight ON, Pioneer Logo, Loading Screen. Usually takes about 5 second or so to get through these.

This startup phase will happen flawlessly with both 12V and Accessory modes.

However, when I go to PUSH START my BRZ the phase experiences a drain or a complete power cut to the DECK when starting the ignition.

The Ignition startup phase goes Backlight ON, Pioneer Logo, Backlight OFF, Pioneer Logo, Loading Screen. Takes about 10-11 seconds to load all of these.

I couldn't find much info on it but I'm wondering if its an issue with source of power coming from the Ignition wire. I've thought about just wiring it to a 12V source but unsure if I would lose any kind of functionality. I also have a mono block amp and a subwoofer wired to the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jbsali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:07 AM   #2
Drifter X

Drives: 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsali View Post
I bought a new Pioneer NEX Deck a few months back and noticed that the Deck goes through its usual phase: Backlight ON, Pioneer Logo, Loading Screen. Usually takes about 5 second or so to get through these.

This startup phase will happen flawlessly with both 12V and Accessory modes.

However, when I go to PUSH START my BRZ the phase experiences a drain or a complete power cut to the DECK when starting the ignition.

The Ignition startup phase goes Backlight ON, Pioneer Logo, Backlight OFF, Pioneer Logo, Loading Screen. Takes about 10-11 seconds to load all of these.

I couldn't find much info on it but I'm wondering if its an issue with source of power coming from the Ignition wire. I've thought about just wiring it to a 12V source but unsure if I would lose any kind of functionality. I also have a mono block amp and a subwoofer wired to the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a Pioneer Nex. Mines does what your does sometimes. I haven't been able to replicate it. But to answer your question about losing any functionality, no, you won't. But you'd have to remember to turn off your deck every time you turn off the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drifter X is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drifter X For This Useful Post:
jbsali (12-28-2019)
Old 12-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #3
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
could be that your battery voltage is dropping too low while starting, and it is force-rebooting the deck.

have you had your battery load tested lately?
Old 12-30-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm about 99% sure mine cuts power to the deck when cranking the starter, 100% audio system in a 2013 with the upgraded Pioneer OEM HU. I'll double check next time I'm in the car.