follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 10-05-2016, 01:17 AM   #1
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bilstein B8 + Eibach Sportline

Anyone here with this combo want to share their experience? Any problems/degradation in quality over time? Regret not getting a more mild drop like the Pro-Kit?

I've seen @Koa post about having this.

Last edited by switchlanez; 10-06-2016 at 02:37 PM.
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:47 AM   #2
Shankenstein
Frosty Carrot

Drives: The Atomic Carrot
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
The only difference between B6 & B8 is reduced travel and increased price. There's not much downside to B6's. Valving is stronger than stock, but it's not harsh. I got B6 for my TRD springs (also very similar to Eibach) with crash bolts for camber. It's a great bang-for-your-buck setup for daily and autocross.

If you've done shocks/springs before, there's nothing too tricky about the install. Instructions and hardware was included, but there's not much to either. The DIYs on this site are excellent, and the only trick was to make sure your e-brake was disengaged before installation. It prevents the rear suspension from fully extending.
Shankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankenstein View Post
The only difference between B6 & B8 is reduced travel and increased price. There's not much downside to B6's. Valving is stronger than stock, but it's not harsh. I got B6 for my TRD springs (also very similar to Eibach) with crash bolts for camber. It's a great bang-for-your-buck setup for daily and autocross.

If you've done shocks/springs before, there's nothing too tricky about the install. Instructions and hardware was included, but there's not much to either. The DIYs on this site are excellent, and the only trick was to make sure your e-brake was disengaged before installation. It prevents the rear suspension from fully extending.
Thanks for your input. I've done springs/struts and coilovers on mine and other people's 86es a few times. Don't remember a trick with disengaging the handbrake, do you have a reference? I couldn't find it in this DIY which I always use for reference: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...springs+struts

I'm also looking for people who have this combo to tell me their experience, did it degraded over time, etc.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #4
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Anyone here with this combo want to share their experience? Any problems/degradation in quality over time? Regret not getting a more mild drop like the Pro-Kit?

I've seen @Koa post about having this.
Yo crew. Been a ghost here!

But to get straight to it.. have had this setup for about 30k miles.

I love it. Can get slightly uncomfortable if it's really bad city streets, but I doubt anything less than a prime setup will alleviate Seattle pothole streets (Belltown especially!)

I'd recommend them fully. Haven't seen evidence of the dampers wearing prematurely, but then again I don't track it. Mild weekend warrior runs & it's my daily, though - so I do have a bit of seat time in them from the day-to-day standpoint.

One of my favorite mods for sure.
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koa For This Useful Post:
Pat (11-01-2016), switchlanez (11-01-2016), Teseo (11-01-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #5
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Yo crew. Been a ghost here!

But to get straight to it.. have had this setup for about 30k miles.

I love it. Can get slightly uncomfortable if it's really bad city streets, but I doubt anything less than a prime setup will alleviate Seattle pothole streets (Belltown especially!)

I'd recommend them fully. Haven't seen evidence of the dampers wearing prematurely, but then again I don't track it. Mild weekend warrior runs & it's my daily, though - so I do have a bit of seat time in them from the day-to-day standpoint.

One of my favorite mods for sure.
Thanks man. I've ordered these and should be installing them by this weekend along with Eibach sway bars. Looking forward to it. Question: Do your rears bottom out frequently? I used to have Sportlines and could do it if I went over some moderately substantial dips or bumps while going fast but that was with reduced shock travel on stock struts.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #6
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Thanks man. I've ordered these and should be installing them by this weekend along with Eibach sway bars. Looking forward to it. Question: Do your rears bottom out frequently? I used to have Sportlines and could do it if I went over some moderately substantial dips or bumps while going fast but that was with reduced shock travel on stock struts.
I have only bottomed out once or twice - and it was due to very extreme bumps or going over a grate. You're gunna love the setup for the $$!
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote