follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2021, 11:38 PM   #1
GP_86_Racing

Drives: Sexy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GP Racing | Fastest N/A 86 in Canada | Stage 1 Stock LyFE

Who are we?

We are two friends that managed to somehow find a way to agree on how to build a 86 chassis together with the same vision in mind.

It all started when Giuliano Traetto was about to sell his car when he became frustrated in not being able to extract every last drop out of his very well put together car in Ontario Time Attack, which is the regional event for all the local hot shoes in Ontario...which is a Province...translated in American it's Canada's version of a State.

He reached out to me as I just sold my 2012 Corvette GS I campaigned in OTA in 2020 and was looking for an cheaper alternative as 325 wide tires aren't exactly budget friendly.

I proposed instead of selling the car to me, let's campaign it as a team. Giuliano is an incredible mechanic, and not exactly a slouch when it comes to driving either. In fact, I felt with a bit of coaching he would be a podium contender in every event he entered. Which is exactly what happened this year when we partnered up. He's a beast of a driver, he just needed a touch of refinement in his driving lines.

Who am I? My name is Pawel Musial. Car nut, Pilot. I have been in and out of the Ontario Time Attack scene for the last decade mainly because my career has taken priority. Finally, after many years of sorting out my career, I am lucky enough to have the financial means and time to campaign a full season of OTA. Over the years I have broken and held a few record in OTA, and with this new partnership my goal is to try to extract every single last tenth out of our 86 chassis.

And....I am proud to say we did it! We f@cking did it!

The benchmark track in Canada is Cayuga Toronto Motorsport Park, aka TMP. It's not the fastest or the most technical track worldwide, but just like the Top Gear's track was a reference point for all us car nuts globally, TMP lap times are the benchmark that us Canucks use to see who/what is fast.

The record that stood for the longest time was a;

Full Bolt ons
Aero
2 way $$$ Motons
255 Yoko A052s on 17x9.5s

And..... a pretty tidy lap. Not much was left on the table, but I felt we could break it with a bit of optimization.

We broke the record this year running a 1.19.4

Stock Suspension
Stock Header-back
Stock Aero

Pedders Offset Top Hats
Camber Bolts
17x9's 235 A052's
4.556 Final Drive
E85 Tune
Alignment F -4.1 / 2mm toe out | R -2.6 / 0 toe

So I want to introduce to the community;

STAGE 1 | STOCK LyFe

Everyone and their grandma immediately dumps years of engineering that put into stock suspension and quite often replace it with dumpster fire alternatives.

MY CAR WILL BE FAST IF ITS LOW, STIFF, AND LOOKS FAST

Wrong.

If you're going to replace stock suspension you better think long and hard before you do. Quite often people that can't afford a proper motorsports grade coilover end up throwing away years of engineering and installing an over sprung pogo. Soft and damped correctly is faster than stiff and shitty damping.

This was the primary goal of STAGE 1 | STOCK LyFE

The next post we will break down what it takes to maximize every last ounce of performance out of stock performance pack suspension. All the mods needed to get a proper alignment on stock PP suspension, pyro data, tire pressure data, wheel offsets, spacers required and more.

We will eventually move into aftermarket suspension as their is no doubt that a proper coilover will make any car faster, but we want to first extract as much as we can out of our stock setup.

Join us on this adventure as we go mild to wild and eventually get to a point where we replace virtually every part on this car in search of the next tenth on the track. We plan to do it piece by piece and document everything so the community can see what every mod is worth on the race track.

Cheers,

@gp.86racing

Here is the record lap which currently is the fastest N/A 86 in TMP

Attached Images

Last edited by GP_86_Racing; 11-01-2021 at 08:58 AM.
GP_86_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GP_86_Racing For This Useful Post:
Berserker (11-11-2021), boy_racer (11-05-2021), DiscoQuinn (11-05-2021), Frost (11-01-2021), Jdmjunkie (11-01-2021), Lonewolf (11-06-2021), new2subaru (11-02-2021), Petah78 (11-15-2021), PulsarBeeerz (11-07-2021), Stonehorsw (11-02-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #2
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
@GP_86_Racing you should post this video on Canada subforums as well.

You know... claim that Canadia glory with all its geese and such.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #3
boy_racer

Drives: s13 200sx
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice approach to make the best out of stock suspension and then move forward��
boy_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:20 PM   #4
DiscoQuinn

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm a fan of the logic of this approach, it's similar to the project I've got going on. Like the vibes fellas! Good teamwork!
DiscoQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote