follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #29
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjymiller View Post
Yruyur, Have you had the chance to wash your car since having the coating done? Do you notice any swirling occuring even though you have the Opticoat applied?
So that was my old frs. I have a new one because of the lemon law. I figured since I was returning it I was going to test the hell out of the coating.

Yes it does still get scratches, juat not as easy. Took it to the same hand car wash that ruined my car before. Keep in mind prior to the opti coat I wash getting it done almost 4 times a week since I had unlimited washes.

I could see scratches from the washing and or drying towels. A bunch of them. I could see it ending up the same as before by going a ton of times.

I also used my california duster which did not do to much to the coating.

Ive decided on the new car im just not going to let anyone else touch the car. Opti coat is great as it does seem harder than stock paint but dont think its the nano coating on kitt. It will scratch.

Now when washing I pat dry the car to 80% dry then use detailer. Basically never try to move a towel across the paint unless its new, clean and fully soaped up. Also I make sure to presoak the car to soften any dirt. Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2