follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #57
Deysc
Automotive Designer

Drives: Nissan 240SX SR20
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Make it 20k and I will forget about getting an s2k as a stepping stone.
Deysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #58
vang
Banned

Drives: 2003 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deysc View Post
Make it 20k and I will forget about getting an s2k as a stepping stone.
Stepping stone to what? lol
vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #59
Sleeperz
Banned

Drives: 1982 Toyota Corolla Coupe SR5
Its all about supply and demand. If there is no demand for the Scion FRS the price will be lower. It looks like it is priced to compete with the MX5.

2012 MX5 US pricing -
Avg. Paid: $23,014 - $29,307
MSRP: $23,190 - $29,760
Invoice: $21,460 - $27,533
MPG: 21 City / 28 Hwy

2dr Conv Hard Top Man Grand Touring
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

MPG: 21 City / 28 Hwy
Engine: Gas I4 2.0L/122
Horsepower: 167 @ 7000
Torque: 140 @ 5000 2.0L/122

MSRP: $28,660
Invoice: $26,517
Nat'l Avg. Paid:$28,254
Sleeperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #60
FutureFT86

Drives: 13 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
enough with the price talk..........I wanna see videos of Ken Gushi ripping the fr-s up at the track!!!!!
FutureFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #61
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
+1. Also, "Turn the key (other markets get start)"
Ouch...not sounding good for those who are looking for that upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
lol that blue photo was so random, it isn't even a FR-S it's just a 86 with FR-S license plate.

I agree with you guys about how a $24k starting price is gonna kill it. I think the base 86 which comes with push start and dual zone climate control starts at $25k Japan. I can't remember where I got that number from though, I think it was from one of those news type show in Japanese and they announced their estimated price in Japanese. Plus if the EVO magazine review is true about the BRZ, the BRZ will have a stripped down version too, which will kill FRS sales for sure if Subaru brings it over to North Amereica.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspera View Post
Here's what I'd like to see; Subaru and Toyota/Scion getting in a price war over cars that are made on the same assembly line. Instead, they're going to take as much money as they want from customers and nickel and dime them for add-on extras like push-button start that will be standard in other markets.

I'd also like to see a bunch of lightweight SUPER STRIPPER base models. But I expect to see bloated Scions with sunroofs and optional 20" wheels.
I don't understand why push button start is such a big deal. Sure it's kind of cool, but it really doesn't add anything to the care (performance or aesthetically).

By the way I am quoting you guys, but i have seen this same complaint on Jalopniks and other forums.
Ricepuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:50 AM   #62
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post
I don't understand why push button start is such a big deal. Sure it's kind of cool, but it really doesn't add anything to the care (performance or aesthetically).

By the way I am quoting you guys, but i have seen this same complaint on Jalopniks and other forums.
I just find it neat lol. If there was no price difference, I'd take the push button simply because I never had it before.
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:15 AM   #63
Ryuu0u
(=^・ェ・^=)

Drives: 2013 FRS, '08 GSXR 600
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
I just find it neat lol. If there was no price difference, I'd take the push button simply because I never had it before.
TBH the same, and cuz it feels like starting a fighter jet or something lol
Ryuu0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 AM   #64
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu0u View Post
TBH the same, and cuz it feels like starting a fighter jet or something lol
Haha, now that you mention it... it does... lol. That and I always liked buttons <_<

Heck I'd pay an additional 100 for it >_> probably not much more though.
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:09 AM   #65
sharky

Drives: Infiniti G35
Quote:

I have keyless push start on my G35, it is so great! So convenient, only need to have the keyfob in your pocket, no need to take it out. I enjoy every time I start the car. Once you've used it, you cannot go back. Now, I don't even remember to pull the key out when I have to drive another car that uses a regular key.
You know, even a Pirus has one as standard equipment.

BTW, I fully expect the FRS to be about the same prices as the "Premium" spec of the BRZ. Equipment seems to be similar. BRZ has Navi+HID but 16" wheels and solid disk (rumor), FRS has 17" wheel +vent disk (on frs-scion site). Almost a wash to me.
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:01 AM   #66
CXTKRS1

Drives: 2009 Scion xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari0 View Post
highly doubt this price is accurate for a base model
Ah no Car and Driver and Automobile is the same as hearing it from the CEO of Toyota himself.
CXTKRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #67
cassidy0998

Drives: '99 Ranger / '94 APU Supra / Ninja!
Well I know everybody's tired of talking about the price. But I'm disappointed.

They're always driving this thing in the rain too. That's the only way we'll get it sideways. Not trying to be a downer, but I've had high hopes for this car! I'm just getting a little bored with it... And it isn't even out yet.

I really want to find more reasons to like it, but it just sounds really really weak. And costly for what you get.
cassidy0998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:06 AM   #68
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
I have keyless push start on my G35, it is so great! So convenient, only need to have the keyfob in your pocket, no need to take it out. I enjoy every time I start the car. Once you've used it, you cannot go back. Now, I don't even remember to pull the key out when I have to drive another car that uses a regular key.
You know, even a Pirus has one as standard equipment.

BTW, I fully expect the FRS to be about the same prices as the "Premium" spec of the BRZ. Equipment seems to be similar. BRZ has Navi+HID but 16" wheels and solid disk (rumor), FRS has 17" wheel +vent disk (on frs-scion site). Almost a wash to me.
I guess i need to try it out for awhile to understand.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 AM   #69
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:

The reason I pointed out - no push to start wasn't because it was a must have item for me, as I would certianly be fine turning a key, however what I am pointing out is that those here who thought Scion would offer all the missing interior items that are on the GT86, as an option/upgrade, may be very upset as this is the first indication it might not happen.
Again, I do not want to be lumped into the "cry baby" crowd, I am merely pointing out what I have stated earlier:
Quote:
This is spot on.
No way Scion offers everything Subaru will have as options to thier base model. Scion is going to offer base model with different add ons, but those add ons will never fully match what will be offered by Subaru.

FRS will serve low to mid market and BRZ will serve mid to high market.
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #70
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Quote:
The reason I pointed out - no push to start wasn't because it was a must have item for me, as I would certianly be fine turning a key, however what I am pointing out is that those here who thought Scion would offer all the missing interior items that are on the GT86, as an option/upgrade, may be very upset as this is the first indication it might not happen.
Again, I do not want to be lumped into the "cry baby" crowd, I am merely pointing out what I have stated earlier:
I was tracking what you meant, you where hitting on my point of seeing people being upset about it.

Tags
fr-s forum, fr-s forums, fr-s reviews, frs forum, frs forums, frs review, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s forums, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, scion frs forum, scion frs forums, scion frs review, scion frs reviews