follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 10-01-2019, 04:48 PM   #3249
itsaBRZ

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Aozora
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
You installed new orings for your port injectors I assume? Make sure the injectors are clocked correctly, their spray pattern is not uniform.
I did not, I reused the old orings and added grease onto them. I will go purchase new orings and hope that was the issue. Pardon my ignorance but how do I make sure the injectors are clocked correctly? Thanks.
itsaBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:27 PM   #3250
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
The fuel rail has 'teeth' sticking out from it. The connector for the injector fits in between the teeth. If you don't have connector there the injector will spray fuel at the walls of the intake instead of I to the air stream. Did you download the instructions? There is a pretty clear picture of this in there
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to toast For This Useful Post:
itsaBRZ (10-01-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #3251
Uplink

Drives: anything you let me
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
With that kind of cost, you may be better off driving to someone more experienced with the kit, getting it installed, and driving back!

It's about a 9.5 hour install done right, professionally. It can be done faster, if rushed.
Interesting question, can the motor be pulled/installed with the SC intact? Curious if building a second motor makes sense to install the SC on a stand and drop everything in as one piece or if you need to do it as separate steps.
Uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #3252
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplink View Post
Interesting question, can the motor be pulled/installed with the SC intact? Curious if building a second motor makes sense to install the SC on a stand and drop everything in as one piece or if you need to do it as separate steps.
That would be a VERY tight fit, but in theory, yes. In actuality, the manifold should be removed for ease of install.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Uplink (10-04-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 02:46 PM   #3253
itsaBRZ

Quote:
The fuel rail has 'teeth' sticking out from it. The connector for the injector fits in between the teeth. If you don't have connector there the injector will spray fuel at the walls of the intake instead of I to the air stream. Did you download the instructions? There is a pretty clear picture of this in there
Hi there,

so I followed the Edelbrock instructions and clocked all injectors facing "outward" however now the fuel injectors can swivel or rotate... is this normal?

If I instead place the injectors in the 'teeth' they are no longer facing outwards, but will not swivel or rotate and this seems more secure. I'm just very unsure of which direction these injectors should be pointing so I attached a photo from the driver side.

They are currently in the 'teeth' and facing the same direction (red), should I move the left injector to towards the direction of the blue arrow on the left as well? Sorry for all the questions, but I am still getting error code P0170 (system too lean bank 1)

I would've taken a picture of the passenger side but the black bracket is covering it. I just really need some clarification on the orientation of all 4 fuel injectors. Thanks again for everyones help.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #3254
toast

The purpose of the teeth is to maintain the orientation. If they are in the right orientation they will not swivel. There is really only one way for this to happen. Going from memory they should be in the direction you indicated with the red arrows. When the instructions say 'outward' I think they are just getting people to not have the electrical connector facing the supercharger manifold.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #3255
itsaBRZ

Quote:
The purpose of the teeth is to maintain the orientation. If they are in the right orientation they will not swivel. There is really only one way for this to happen. Going from memory they should be in the direction you indicated with the red arrows. When the instructions say 'outward' I think they are just getting people to not have the electrical connector facing the supercharger manifold.
OK then I am certain the injectors are correctly positioned, however I am still getting DTC of P0171 (running lean bank 1) and P1170 (port injector fuel performance does not come on).

I checked to make sure the EVAP and PCV hoses were clamped down. I have also cleaned the throttle body and maf sensor, I'm not sure what else there is to check at this point...
Old 10-05-2019, 06:36 PM   #3256
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Does anyone have an easy way to remove the clutch slave cylinder without removing the supercharger or transmission? I'm not having much luck today
B T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #3257
toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
Does anyone have an easy way to remove the clutch slave cylinder without removing the supercharger or transmission? I'm not having much luck today
I switched mine out with the SC in place. Need a stubby 14mm and patience.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #3258
toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaBRZ View Post
OK then I am certain the injectors are correctly positioned, however I am still getting DTC of P0171 (running lean bank 1) and P1170 (port injector fuel performance does not come on).

I checked to make sure the EVAP and PCV hoses were clamped down. I have also cleaned the throttle body and maf sensor, I'm not sure what else there is to check at this point...
You sure the injector electrical connectors are fully seated on the injector? I think bank 1 is passenger side.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #3259
itsaBRZ

Quote:
You sure the injector electrical connectors are fully seated on the injector? I think bank 1 is passenger side.
I will double check those again today. I just tried to do some datalogging and my STFT is 7% at idle and my LTFT is 0%, but when I step on the gas, my LTFT jumps all the way up to 30% is this normal?
Old 10-07-2019, 07:54 PM   #3260
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
First fresh fill up of 91 octane, i averaged 27 mpg. Only dropped 1 mpg! Probably 80% highway driving averaging 70-75 mph. I do get into it on the street but i find no need to redline anymore dailying.
Edelbrock Supercharger installed @ 50k
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Decep For This Useful Post:
marco1ca (10-08-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 11:32 PM   #3261
itsaBRZ

Just wondering if this is the same case for everyone else here? My stock passenger side PCV hose tightens up and gets squishy as I step on the gas pedal? There are no leaks or anything in the hose so is this supposed to happen?

Also, my short term fuel trims at idle are around 0% and LTFT is 15% but when I accelerate both STFT & LTFT jump to 20-30%.. I've checked my fuel injectors, pcv hoses, pcv valve and exhaust leaks... anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:51 PM   #3262
Mr_Eyo

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaBRZ View Post
Just wondering if this is the same case for everyone else here? My stock passenger side PCV hose tightens up and gets squishy as I step on the gas pedal? There are no leaks or anything in the hose so is this supposed to happen?

Also, my short term fuel trims at idle are around 0% and LTFT is 15% but when I accelerate both STFT & LTFT jump to 20-30%.. I've checked my fuel injectors, pcv hoses, pcv valve and exhaust leaks... anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks.
Intake manifold leak or fuel sender pump in the tank?
Mr_Eyo is offline   Reply With Quote