follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 02-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #309
oemaudioplus

Drives: http://bit.ly/Vantage86
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
I hope you can help me.

Email reply sent. For the sake of sharing with the community, here are the answers provided:

*Regarding Sound characteristics:

High resolution (clean, crisp clear) sound is our top priority all the while delivering the emotional weight of your music (via the low frequencies). You can expect seamless, full-range, detailed sound reproduction of instruments and voices without localizing the speakers or sub - a trait commonly associated with fine high-end home audio speakers.

*Sound Deadening:

Sound deadening is a great option to quiet down your road noise and thus add an additional element of separation from cabin of the vehicle and the road, creating a more immersive listening experience. However sound deadening is not necessary to experience our guarantee our signature sound reproduction (we tune with your factory insolation in mind).
oemaudioplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #310
Alastor

Drives: Toyota gt86 my19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great.

Thanks you
Alastor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alastor For This Useful Post:
oemaudioplus (02-27-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 02:28 AM   #311
Alastor

Hello

About this member answer

It's just like their other systems, where you adjust the bass slider in the head unit. They're not using the pre-amp outs from the head unit so the subwoofer level control doesn't function. I wish I had a remote gain knob for the sub amps, there are times when I'm listening to hip-hop and I want more bass, but I don't want to go back to the robust setting and spend most of my time listening with the bass turned down all the way in the head unit.

What is this? If i will have Pioneer radio i cant to have the control bass with my ràdio?
Old 03-01-2019, 02:38 AM   #312
oemaudioplus

Quote:
“I wish I had a remote gain knob for the sub amps”

[quote=Alastor;3190932] Our New 500Q platform comes with our Dedicated Subwoofer Amplifier (with Gain Control Knob). This option allows our listeners to have that ranges from BALANCE to FULL to FULL. So no mater the type of listener you are we can accommodate with this solution.

Quote:
What is this? If i will have Pioneer radio i cant to have the control bass with my ràdio?
Your head unit tonal controls will absolutely still be functional and you’ll have complete control over your EQ adjustments. Reference 500Q is tuned specifically for the acoustics of your vehicle and output characteristics of your radio to deliver our signature high resolution sound at your "Flat” setting. Therefore you'll have plenty of headroom "+" or "-" to adjust to your hearts content.

The Gain Control Knob will exclusively adjust the output level of the O+ Subwoofer (Low Frequency Profile), while the “Bass” adjustments on the head unit will affect the full spectrum of this frequency.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:58 AM   #313
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
The Pioneer HU has dedicated RCA outputs for a dedicated sub and the HU has a dedicated level adjustment for this output. I think the question is, are you using speaker level output for the sub or using the RCA out? If using speaker level (which I suspect you are for easy of install) then this dedicated level adjustment on the HU would not work.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:44 AM   #314
Alastor

hello Daniel, they have installed the oem audio plus system that you sold me and the technician is telling me that the amplifiers do not work, they do not turn on, which does not play music. The radio is the pioneer avh-z9200 since the z9100 is the previous model, I guess it will not be due to the radio model since the amplifiers do not turn on.

What could be happening? What could they be doing wrong? Is there any more cable missing that they have to install?

please if possible give me a quick response.

Thank you
Old 07-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #315
oemaudioplus

Quote:
they do not turn on, which does not play music. The radio is the pioneer avh-z9200 since the z9100 is the previous model.

Thanks for the message and bringing this to our attention. Based on what you’re describing it sounds to be installation related. Given the Pioneer Model head unit selected, the installer will want to ensure the aftermarket “remote wire” (blue/white) on the receiver adapter is incorporated with the installation (frequently overlooked with aftermarket head units).

Please have the installer contact our System Integration team directly to assist in getting your System fired up and performing as intended: tech@oemaudioplus.com / 855-636-6346 x2

At your service
The Following User Says Thank You to oemaudioplus For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (12-16-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #316
Alastor

Thanks you for all. Tomorrow i will to post a review.

Very good customer service.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:26 AM   #317
snk828

Drives: raven FRS
I have the reference 450q system for my FRS, can you confirm you guys have correct EQ tuning for kenwood DDX9703?I could send it back to get re-tune, my AMP is set for display audio output.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:24 PM   #318
Alastor

I am using google traslator

Is a prívate mesaje but also if you can tell me anithing about my question I will be thankful.

Hi OEM audio + team, I am delighted with your audio system really is better than I expected, how is it possible that an 8 "is so efficient? I really loved it.

But I have a question about the volume cap with my Pioneer avh-z9200dab.

I always use the Flac format and I have noticed in most songs that have a similar recording volume that once I reach volume 33-35 of the total that is 40, I can hear some small clicks in the tweeters, is it because the Is the system suffering from power peaks and begins to distort at high frequencies?

I do not seem to hear distortion in the rest of the frequencies.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2019, 08:16 PM   #319
Wise
Circle Work Clerk

Drives: 2012 Mt. Fuji Red Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I've got the OEM Audio 400 Reference kit in my car, but now the new speakers completely drown out the stock rear mid range ones and it the levels sound weird. If I move the balance completely to the rear the stock rear speakers are barely audible at the volume level where the OEM Audio gear is at it's optimal volume.

Is there a way I can balance this to bring the stock speakers up to the same level or should I shell out for the OEM audio rears? Is there a away to purchase these seperately I can't see the option on the website?

My head unit is a Kenwood DDX917ws, so I'm not sure if I have the ability to bring the oem speakers to the same volume level by tuning through the head unit.
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #320
tehShirt

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
I've got the OEM Audio 400 Reference kit in my car, but now the new speakers completely drown out the stock rear mid range ones and it the levels sound weird. If I move the balance completely to the rear the stock rear speakers are barely audible at the volume level where the OEM Audio gear is at it's optimal volume.

Is there a way I can balance this to bring the stock speakers up to the same level or should I shell out for the OEM audio rears? Is there a away to purchase these seperately I can't see the option on the website?

My head unit is a Kenwood DDX917ws, so I'm not sure if I have the ability to bring the oem speakers to the same volume level by tuning through the head unit.

Have you tried messaging them on Facebook? They typically reply quickly, and should be able to address your issue.

Did you reset your pioneer radio after installing the OEM+ system?
tehShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #321
Alastor

using google translator.

This is a message that I would like to spread with the owners or future owners of that fantastic audio system.

Although it is a great audio system, it would be even better if OEM audio plus opened its configuration software to the public and managed to manipulate the system.

On the other hand I think it would also be interesting if they had their own system preset in case there are people who are not willing to manipulate anything and some preset presets that OEM audio plus routinely use with their systems according to the radio that assembles the vehicle.

My example is simple:

I suppose that OEM audio plus has saved settings for many of the radio systems that mount the models of vehicles compatible with this system, so I would show on the software screen a list of the models along with the recommendations for use with the vehicle and radio, so as long as you do not like a presset you can change to another or in case you decide to do it personally and you do not like how you set it up.

Will you make resin drop with the OEM audio plus logo to paste on the grilles?

I hope the translation is as close as possible to your understanding.

thanks for your reading
Old 10-01-2019, 03:09 AM   #322
Alastor

when you manipulate the fader forward or backward do you lose power in the subwoofer? When you manipulate the frequency cuts from the radio, do you not lose power in the subwoofer?

If so, what explanation can they give?
if it is not, what could be the fault in my installation?

Thanks

Tags
amp, audio, music, radio, subwoofer