follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 12-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
JDMSushi

Drives: JDM86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Suspension Feedback

I thought getting some feedback and information from those who have fitted suspension might be a good way to help improve choice for buyers and manufacturers for future reference.

Any input is appreciated! Chop & change as you wish...

* What suspension have you fitted?

* Wheel & Tire Size / Choice?

* Any other associated handling mods?

* On Road - How does it compare to the stock feel?

* On Track - Comments / feedback, did they perform as expected?

* Any negative points / comments you have about your new setup?

* What what would you change or improve on?
JDMSushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Supermassive

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Garage
Supermassive

* What suspension have you fitted? KW Variant 3

* Wheel & Tire Size / Choice? Rays GramLights 57Xtremes 18x8.5F and 18x9.5R with Nitto Invo tires (235/40/18F and 255/35/18R)

* Any other associated handling mods? Vorshlag Camber plates, Agency Power adjustable lower control arms.

* On Road - How does it compare to the stock feel? This setup is amazing as far as suspension feel is concerned, you feel small bumps and ripples, but it soaks up larger hits smoothly and consistently. The car tracks straight as an arrow, body roll is almost non existent and I have stock sway bars, and no other chassis stiffening modifications.

* On Track - Comments / feedback, did they perform as expected? I have yet to take it to the track due to it not being aligned properly yet, I am waiting on my Whiteline subframe inserts and sway bars to arrive prior to paying for a professional alignment.

* Any negative points / comments you have about your new setup? The ride is pretty damn stiff, which is a good thing but can cause some moments where you hit a railroad crossing and you just clench up because it's gonna suck to go over. I think the tires aren't helping much in this regard but it's something to note.

* What what would you change or improve on? A few things...colors, purple and yellow ugly. Needle bearing spring rollers would be amazing to have. Metal spring collars instead of plastic.
Supermassive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Supermassive For This Useful Post:
armythug (12-16-2012), JDMSushi (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Coaster

Drives: Civic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to see some reviews of the Eibach Pro-kit on the BRZ. I've see Darrendrive's great review.
Anyone else using the Pro-kit?
Thanks.
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote