follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.)

User Tag List

Old 08-16-2018, 02:57 AM   #1
Jordan Silveira

Drives: 2016 Subaru Series.HyperBlue #631
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Release Series 2.0 Rear Decklid Spoiler

Hello FT86Club Members,

I am selling a very rare and very limited rear decklid spoiler from the Release Series 2.0

Naturally, the rear decklid spoiler is painted Lunar Storm but is in great condition just needs new double sided tape. There are two bolts that are meant to screw into your trunk but I'm sure you could avoid this by shaving them down and using a liberal amount of double sided tape. As with all limited edition/release series parts, they are more rare, limited, and as such more expensive. I'm unsure what the dealerships charge for this but it would be VIN locked either way.

Make me an offer. Worst I can say is NO.

Thank you for your time and I hope your BRZ/86/FR-S is treating you well!

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 11-10-2018 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Sold the RS 2.0 Lip
Jordan Silveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #2
Jordan Silveira

Buuuuurrrp.... I mean Buuuummmmpppp
Old 09-09-2018, 03:26 AM   #3
Adam_L

Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
As a seller, the forums should have you at least list a price per item. You could put OBO or OBRO... maybe put a number about 10% above what you'd be willing to accept ( people will make offers). Given they aren't mint condition ( yet it's a harder to find part) , it's just best to start off as a seller listing a price. Then potential buyers make the next move by making you offers. As a buyer, you don't want to start off too high or too low ( no low-ballers) of a dollar amount , but same goes for a seller . Negotiation , it's a good skill to have , but you should have some kind of price range in mind as a seller, first and foremost.

Are you willing to trade? If so, what parts do you need ( besides money) ?
Old 09-09-2018, 05:10 AM   #4
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
As a seller, the forums should have you at least list a price per item. You could put OBO or OBRO... maybe put a number about 10% above what you'd be willing to accept ( people will make offers). Given they aren't mint condition ( yet it's a harder to find part) , it's just best to start off as a seller listing a price. Then potential buyers make the next move by making you offers. As a buyer, you don't want to start off too high or too low ( no low-ballers) of a dollar amount , but same goes for a seller . Negotiation , it's a good skill to have , but you should have some kind of price range in mind as a seller, first and foremost.

Are you willing to trade? If so, what parts do you need ( besides money) ?

Hey there,

thanks for the constructive criticism and suggestions. While I totally understand your idea to require a price; in this particular instance for this and the RS 2.0 deck lid trunk spoiler I omitted an asking price simply because I don't know what they are worth. Rumors say about the front lip have varied from "oh I went to the dealer and they said I couldn't buy just the lip, you have to buy the bumper with the lip already attached" to "oh, my dealer said they discontinued this lip" to "oh it's well over 1,000 dollars" without a single shred of evidence to what it's really worth. The same applies largely to the trunk spoiler.

I have gotten some offers and what I've largely come to realize is that I'd like to avoid shipping on this lip as much as possible. Moreover, getting people offering me 50 bucks and I pay shipping for the front lip is laughable but I guess I'm asking for it by saying make me an offer. Nonetheless, it doesn't offend me. That's why I claimed that the worst I can say is simply "no".

Lastly, in regards to trades obviously cash rules everything around me, CREAM dolla dolla bill y'all. However, I'm certainly interested in plenty. Tail lights, STI pieces (aero, fender garnishes, etc.) throttle body, tires, powder coat work, etc.

Anyways thank you for your comment and suggestions and I hope you're loving every minute of your RS2 ownership. It was the original twin that caught my eye and to this day I wish I had purchased it instead of my HyperBlue BRZ (granted I still prefer the extra features my HyperBlue included that Scion still left out of the RS 2 cars) and not to mention stupid Pure Pricing is what kept me out of getting an RS 2.0
Old 09-10-2018, 04:49 AM   #5
Adam_L

Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Thanks for the reply. Rumors usually aren't a good thing, like the Fleetwood Mac album "Rumors".

Someone could make a mold of these parts and produce them (fan made), Toyota cannot stop that from happening. If you want original parts, that's a whole other thing.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:18 PM   #6
iLuveKetchup
My VTEC fluid is full

Drives: EFF JAY
I'm interested in the rear lip spoiler. BTW, you can buy RS2.0 parts from Toyota online. I bought the front lip without any questions ask (except for my $$).
iLuveKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:12 AM   #7
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuveKetchup View Post
I'm interested in the rear lip spoiler. BTW, you can buy RS2.0 parts from Toyota online. I bought the front lip without any questions ask (except for my $$).
From where? Most places require a VIN

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:32 AM   #8
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
Thanks for the reply. Rumors usually aren't a good thing, like the Fleetwood Mac album "Rumors".

Someone could make a mold of these parts and produce them (fan made), Toyota cannot stop that from happening. If you want original parts, that's a whole other thing.
Fantastic album. Probably their best to be quite honest. Anyway, I think that's a fantastic idea and frankly I'd thought about that already as I was once part of buying a community made molded lip for the 4th gen Ludes. Particularly the Azect front lip replica made in the highest quality through the dedication of Big Mike. If anyone would actually be interested in finding someone to do a legit and quality job making a mold of the RS 2.0 lip for the FR-S crowd I'd absolutely be game for it. Local to SoCal of course.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:34 AM   #9
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuveKetchup View Post
Care to share how you did that and more importantly, the price of the front lip through your vendor of choice? Since no one has a clear price that Toyota charges for it?

As for the rear lip spoiler, it's still available feel free to PM me about it.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2018, 04:34 AM   #10
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
From where? Most places require a VIN
That's always been my experience as well. Perhaps he got lucky and found a way to circumvent the process?
Old 09-11-2018, 04:57 AM   #11
iLuveKetchup
My VTEC fluid is full

Drives: EFF JAY
I bought it from route22toyota.com, but you can find it in any online store that sells genuine Toyota parts.

The process is to add to your cart and checkout. It's just any other part, albeit pricey.
iLuveKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iLuveKetchup For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (09-24-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 01:15 AM   #12
Jordan Silveira

Bump. Lip Sold. Rear Decklid Spoiler still available. Bless'm!