follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 04-25-2022, 10:09 AM   #883
KillerBMotorsport

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
Offset and width?
stock offset 8" wide. I may bump up to 235 tires next go around.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerBMotorsport For This Useful Post:
dragoontwo (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 12:00 PM   #884
joemysterio

Drives: Mini
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemysterio View Post
Today I installed the Cerwin vega spare wheel subwoofer, it worked on the first try so was thankful I didn't have to troubleshoot anything. But I am considering redoing the power though because the kit I got said the power cable was 8 gauge but it's definitely smaller wire, closer to 12 I would say. I'm uncomfortable with that so need to look for better option while I have everything removed inside.

Another problem is that I have no spare wheel currently so the sub sits low and because of that when I temporarily put back the foam pieces and the trunk floor board to test fit, it sunk with any weight on it, basically. So i need to find a way to support that now.

I'll post a pic tomorrow, it got late and I was in a hurry to clean up.

I still need to add some sound deadening, and like I said, I may redo the power cable once I find a suitable replacement.
joemysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joemysterio For This Useful Post:
Flarpswitch (04-26-2022), MikeNSX2 (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 12:28 PM   #885
PhatFreshPrince

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited SBP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

I still need to add some sound deadening, and like I said, I may redo the power cable once I find a suitable replacement.
I agree the sound system needs something to fix it. It sounds hollow to me most of the time. Do you think the addition of your subwoofer did the trick?
Are you going to try cutting out the existing foam insert or maybe just buy a spare tire to fix the fitting issue?
PhatFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 01:08 PM   #886
joemysterio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatFreshPrince View Post
I agree the sound system needs something to fix it. It sounds hollow to me most of the time. Do you think the addition of your subwoofer did the trick?
Are you going to try cutting out the existing foam insert or maybe just buy a spare tire to fix the fitting issue?
Well, I'm not a true audiophile but for the most part the system sounded decent overall, better than my last car for sure. I can't properly pinpoint mids and highs like other people can but from what I can tell, I was fine with it. I heard everything clear and my only gripe was the weak bass for me. With the sub, so far it sounds good but I just need to fine tune the dials on it some more to get optimal results. For my needs and love for bass, this is more than plenty.

I'm undecided about reusing/modifying the foam insert or going for a spare but leaning towards a spare. Found one on ebay from a crosstrek, just double checking it would actually fit the BRZ. In any case though I'm going to need to find another threaded rod. I impulsively cut the one that came with the sub to size and now it would probably be too short with the use of either option. Oops! Now to confirm the threading on that, too.
Old 04-25-2022, 01:19 PM   #887
diga

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just received the Cusco accelerator pedal mod, researching installs, people saying it doesn't fit correctly, that there's side to side play. I'm debating whether or not to return it - has anyone installed one of these? How does it fit?
Old 04-25-2022, 01:36 PM   #888
foshjowler

Drives: 2022 BRZ; 2014 BRZ
6ULs were installed today. The stock Primacys are a little stretched on an 8" rim, but doesn't seem terrrible. I think the rim protector makes it look worse than it really is.
Attached Images

Autox Videos
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foshjowler For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (04-26-2022), Yoshoobaroo (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 04:41 PM   #889
mr.whiskers

Drives: '22 BRZ
Might as well post it in here. Does anyone know whats the easiest way to do something like that, like are there kits for sale? Or its a custom job only and I have to find someone who does wraps on cars willing to work with me on this (probably expensive)
I have like zero experience with wrapping or anything like that, but I just think this looks so good on the blue brz color

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...6&postcount=53
mr.whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:53 PM   #890
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Got parts in for a thing. Will either work on it during the week or weekend.
Attached Images

dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:51 PM   #891
Re_Invention

Drives: '22 Tacoma, '19 Macan, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
Call them dated, but I'm traditionalist so I went with RPF1s and the stickier Pilot Sport 225/40/18 (Porsche Spec PS2). Heat cycled them first day, then yesterday took them for an aggressive mountain road rip. Seems nice a bit more grip than stock with no downside that I can tell. Pegged the G-Meter many times without issue.
Looks sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diga View Post
I just received the Cusco accelerator pedal mod, researching installs, people saying it doesn't fit correctly, that there's side to side play. I'm debating whether or not to return it - has anyone installed one of these? How does it fit?
I have one, fits perfectly fine and has held up to several time attacks, no play whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
6ULs were installed today. The stock Primacys are a little stretched on an 8" rim, but doesn't seem terrrible. I think the rim protector makes it look worse than it really is.
Nice. Here's mine:

Those are 17x8 6UL's in Tungsten with 225/45r17 Falken RT660 tires square.

I recently installed the STI pink performance springs, STI rear lower control arm and toe arm, and front Pedder top mount as well:

I went to install the Cusco steering rack bushings and found there to be a nice couple of brace pieces on the steering rack which I don't believe the first gens have. Bailed on the install (ran out of time) but will get around to it this week and then off to the shop for a professional alignment.

Still waiting on the STI V bars, front strut bar and rear draw stiffener in the mail. Once those are in I'm ordering the STI transmission mount, Cusco rear diff mount bushing inserts and Cusco rear trunk strut brace.

Ran a PB of 46.1 at Adams on Friday, that's a 0.6 second improvement from my prior best. Original goal was to break 45.x. Now I gotta plan if I want to settle for that, be happy, enjoy the car, or push to break 44.x
Re_Invention is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Re_Invention For This Useful Post:
Pete (04-27-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 10:22 PM   #892
azndavepgh

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Got my STI Flexible V-Bar installed. I wasn't expecting a huge difference, but there does seem to be less understeer and more compliance from the front end over rough roads. But I have limited track experience so I can't speak to how the bar will perform at the limit. It looks cool, though.
azndavepgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 11:03 PM   #893
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Today I installed the Cerwin vega spare wheel subwoofer, it worked on the first try so was thankful I didn't have to troubleshoot anything. But I am considering redoing the power though because the kit I got said the power cable was 8 gauge but it's definitely smaller wire, closer to 12 I would say. I'm uncomfortable with that so need to look for better option while I have everything removed inside.

Another problem is that I have no spare wheel currently so the sub sits low and because of that when I temporarily put back the foam pieces and the trunk floor board to test fit, it sunk with any weight on it, basically. So i need to find a way to support that now.

I'll post a pic tomorrow, it got late and I was in a hurry to clean up.

i highly recommend knukonceptz.com for wiring. they're clear about what you're ordering, minimal marketing BS, and most importantly, their wire is consistently sized correctly instead of that cheap stuff that is more properly sized insulation than wire...

i personally don't run CCA wire. oxygen free copper only for me . it's like playing with voodoo-- majority of the time, it's just dungeons and dragons, but that one time you do something unknowingly wrong and end up summoning an evil spirit... CCA wire doesn't play nice if overtorqued, and can sometimes turn to a powder. i prefer powder on my donuts, not in my wire.

i am curious to hear your thoughts on that sub later once you've had some time to tweak and get used to it. i've looked at it a few dozen times, just not sure it'd be loud enough for any of my builds.
joemysterio (04-26-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 11:08 PM   #894
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.whiskers View Post
Might as well post it in here. Does anyone know whats the easiest way to do something like that, like are there kits for sale? Or its a custom job only and I have to find someone who does wraps on cars willing to work with me on this (probably expensive)
I have like zero experience with wrapping or anything like that, but I just think this looks so good on the blue brz color

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...6&postcount=53
vinyl work isn't all that different from body work. it's not technically hard, but at the same time, there's thousands of little nuances between application, to reading the material properties/deformations/stretch, that make it difficult for new people to just jump at.

for something that big, it's likely better to talk to a local vinyl shop about--you'll likely need them to at least cut the vinyl. but they likely could install it for relatively cheaper/easier than you could do yourself, unless you're as stubborn as i am, than you just do it to prove to yourself you can do it!

but also keep in mind that most vinyls are only good for about 3-8 years depending on quality. after that, they start hardening and become increasingly difficult to replace/remove.
mr.whiskers (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 02:38 PM   #895
joemysterio

Quote:
Originally Posted by diga View Post
I almost bought this, I'm curious to know if anyone else has this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i highly recommend knukonceptz.com for wiring. they're clear about what you're ordering, minimal marketing BS, and most importantly, their wire is consistently sized correctly instead of that cheap stuff that is more properly sized insulation than wire...

i personally don't run CCA wire. oxygen free copper only for me . it's like playing with voodoo-- majority of the time, it's just dungeons and dragons, but that one time you do something unknowingly wrong and end up summoning an evil spirit... CCA wire doesn't play nice if overtorqued, and can sometimes turn to a powder. i prefer powder on my donuts, not in my wire.

i am curious to hear your thoughts on that sub later once you've had some time to tweak and get used to it. i've looked at it a few dozen times, just not sure it'd be loud enough for any of my builds.
Thanks! I just bought from them last night, hopefully gets here sooner than later. Once I tweak it some more and learn what I'm doing (all a learning process for me, thanks btw for the tip in the other thread), I'll report back on my thoughts on it. Like I mentioned earlier though, I was fine with everything except for the lows and the quick test was pretty fun and bass-y.
The Following User Says Thank You to joemysterio For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 05:32 PM   #896
diga

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Cusco pedal installed, I'm not finding any slop whatsoever. The Cusco pedal sits tightly on the factory pedal, no side-to-side slop, not sure what people are referencing in previous posts. It's much easier for me to heel-toe, I guess I have narrow/small feet, sometimes I'd roll my foot over to blip and I'd completely miss and my foot would be sort caught between the two pedals. This seems to have solved that issue, very easy/reliable to roll over to the accel pedal now.
Attached Images

joemysterio (04-26-2022)