follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #1
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Helix DEPO K Shade / Lexon Hazard Light Problem

Does anyone have this problem with their hazard lights not blinking uniformly?

I have the JDM wired version. Each side blinks identically with respect to each other when I switch on each side's turn signal individually. They only look staggered when both sides are activated at the same time with hazards. And when I remote lock the car, it randomly flash staggered like in the video only very rarely. Majority of the time they flash uniformly when I remote lock. The stagger only consistently happens with hazards on.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwS2d_zN7kk"]Hazards - YouTube[/ame]
Old 01-30-2017, 11:51 PM   #2
LED86

Drives: Black 86 GTS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It could be the resistors that are plugged into the back of the tail lights might be acting weird. You could try installing an led relay and seeing if that changes the behavior. But i dont have much experience with these tail lights. I only bring it up because I had a set of winjet tail lights and one side would act weird so i disconnected the resistor and let the led relay do the work which seemed to fix it.
LED86 is offline   Reply With Quote