follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #15
Pete156
I like to eat!

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I bought the Aluminum driveshaft off Stockysnail about 4-5 years ago. It does not produce vibration but provides a louder experience that appears/feels like it's putting my fi power to the wheels faster and more directly. Im also running the Perrin shifter bushing along with the Whiteline. I'm certain it is louder than the CF version and holding up well.
Pete156 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pete156 For This Useful Post:
stockysnail (05-17-2018)
Old 02-24-2019, 05:10 PM   #16
bmacfrs

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
I no longer have it as I thought the TRD short shifter mixed with it was the issue for why the short shifter wasn't working properly. I took it off and sold it. The issue ended up being the trans bushings. Ended up selling the TRD short shifter too. Definitely don't recommend the short shifter. I haven't gotten around to buying another drive shaft. It's a cool mod. Makes the revs slightly free-er. Makes a cool noise like a supercharger almost since the aluminum is hollow and picks up some vibration. Is it worth the $, I'm not sure, but I enjoyed it and would buy it again, especially if I can find a used one or there's a sale. It's fairly simple to install.
Do you know exactly what was interfering with the TRD shifter? I have that installed and was thinking about getting a one piece shaft. I was checking the current clearances. Theres a good half inch of space from the drive shaft to the bottom of the shift lever pivot. Less at where the shifter shaft crosses over the ujoint yoke.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:33 PM   #17
Turbo

Drives: FR-S Turbo
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decay107 View Post
Many of us have swapped out to the STi mounts (NOT solid) and seen a huge improvement.
Do you have a good source for these? Are they cost effective?
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (03-01-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 06:14 PM   #18
Trust86

Drives: 2016 Halo FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacfrs View Post
Do you know exactly what was interfering with the TRD shifter? I have that installed and was thinking about getting a one piece shaft. I was checking the current clearances. Theres a good half inch of space from the drive shaft to the bottom of the shift lever pivot. Less at where the shifter shaft crosses over the ujoint yoke.
I had a one piece aluminum driveshaft with kartboy short shifter. The shift “fork” was hitting the u joint. I just ended up grinding down the fork a little bit where it was hitting and never hit again.
Trust86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trust86 For This Useful Post:
bmacfrs (02-24-2019), q335r49 (10-17-2019)
Old 02-04-2020, 11:18 PM   #19
DreamSpeedBRZ

Drives: 2017 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete156 View Post
I bought the Aluminum driveshaft off Stockysnail about 4-5 years ago. It does not produce vibration but provides a louder experience that appears/feels like it's putting my fi power to the wheels faster and more directly. Im also running the Perrin shifter bushing along with the Whiteline. I'm certain it is louder than the CF version and holding up well.
Did you have any clearance issues with the aluminum driveshaft and perrin shifter bushing? I saw someone said that the bushing caused contact on the larger diameter DS. I just got an aluminum DS that I'm going to install but want to buy the perrin bushing to install at the same time since it sounds like it will be easier.
DreamSpeedBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote