follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-21-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
Panku

Drives: Honda fit )=
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First time FR-S buyer looking for advice!

Hey guys I'm new here, at first I had my heart set on the new RS 1.0, had my deposit in, turns out my roommate is moving out, he doesn't have a vehicle so since I was giving him my current ride, to rush things along I've been looking for a 2013 ~ 2014 scion FRS new or used for about 25 OTD, I'm in so-cal and this has been harder than I had anticipated, I just don't want silver, EVERY dealership silver, silver, silver or argento, I really want white, or black, but scion dealership's don't trade cars. My current honda fit has about 13k on the odometer so I figured I'd be comfortable taking something similar, I found a 2013 FR-S at the toyota near my house, I'm going to go take a look tomorrow, since I'm ready to be in one of these already.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice when It comes to buying on these cars, this Isn't my first purchase in general, but for scion it is.. and I've already tried longo scion and other big names but no avail, I'm already pre-approved and have my down payment so once I finally find the car I'm ready to get it!

Last edited by Panku; 08-21-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Panku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
VeezyF

Drives: Scion FR-S
you're going to regret not getting that RS 1.0 -- i guarantee it hehe. I have my heart set on '15 base hot lava and it was worth the wait. plus the longer the wait -- i had even more to put down for it. (i got base so i could mod it) =)
VeezyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #3
Panku

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeezyF View Post
you're going to regret not getting that RS 1.0 -- i guarantee it hehe. I have my heart set on '15 base hot lava and it was worth the wait. plus the longer the wait -- i had even more to put down for it. (i got base so i could mod it) =)
Yeah, the yellow and everything that includes with it, Is awesome don't get me wrong!

But - I like the base model just as much in terms of looks, and I'm just going to put lowering springs and a rear spoiler on the car and call It a day
The Following User Says Thank You to Panku For This Useful Post:
VeezyF (08-24-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #4
mrxchris

Drives: '13 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey man, good luck with the search. I also came from a Honda Fit and got my FRS after my Fit got totaled. It took awhile to find the right one but keep up to date with listings on Autotrader and stuff! I got mine for 24 OTD. Don't be too scared off by the list price online, you can always haggle a bit at the dealer since you're buying used. They can't do that Pure-Pricing crap on ya when you buy it used.
mrxchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #5
dizzario
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Just buy mine. Black AND has Volks.
dizzario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:21 AM   #6
Panku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxchris View Post
Hey man, good luck with the search. I also came from a Honda Fit and got my FRS after my Fit got totaled. It took awhile to find the right one but keep up to date with listings on Autotrader and stuff! I got mine for 24 OTD. Don't be too scared off by the list price online, you can always haggle a bit at the dealer since you're buying used. They can't do that Pure-Pricing crap on ya when you buy it used.
I didn't know that, was yours a 13 or 14? I'm hoping the one at the dealership nearby isn't silver, and also that the price isn't high, But with 15,375 miles on the odometer I should be able to get the price im looking for, maybe lower.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:23 AM   #7
mrxchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panku View Post
I didn't know that, was yours a 13 or 14? I'm hoping the one at the dealership nearby isn't silver, and also that the price isn't high, But with 15,375 miles on the odometer I should be able to get the price im looking for, maybe lower.
Mine was a 10 actually with 40k miles. Some chick ran red and totaled my car and insurance gave me 14k for it, used 2k to pay off the rest of the car and 12k to down the FRS. Luckily I found my FRS used at Longo Toyota so it came with warranty, that's a plus compared to buying it used at other dealers.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:30 AM   #8
Panku

Quote:
Mine was a 10 actually with 40k miles. Some chick ran red and totaled my car and insurance gave me 14k for it, used 2k to pay off the rest of the car and 12k to down the FRS. Luckily I found my FRS used at Longo Toyota so it came with warranty, that's a plus compared to buying it used at other dealers.
I meant the frs, not the fit, though sorry for your fit! I drive a 13 fit currently haha, It's a fun little car, but ever since I test drove the FR-s a few months ago, I've had my mind made up,
Old 08-21-2014, 01:34 AM   #9
mrxchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panku View Post
I meant the frs, not the fit, though sorry for your fit! I drive a 13 fit currently haha, It's a fun little car, but ever since I test drove the FR-s a few months ago, I've had my mind made up,
Ah oops my bad, mine is a 13, had 8k miles. Found the old owner on this board too, a week after buying the car hahah. Sometimes I miss the spacious Fit but most of the time I'm !!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:47 AM   #10
Bigbadvoodooguru

Drives: 2014 asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I picked up my 2014 with 4500 miles on it for 20k OTD last month in Alhambra. It was brand new in January.
It is an Asphalt automatic though. I found it through autotrader and was able to get in the showroom before about 5 other interested parties, and bought it amidst their collective sigh.
Bigbadvoodooguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:53 AM   #11
Panku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru View Post
I picked up my 2014 with 4500 miles on it for 20k OTD last month in Alhambra. It was brand new in January.
It is an Asphalt automatic though. I found it through autotrader and was able to get in the showroom before about 5 other interested parties, and bought it amidst their collective sigh.
That's a pretty great deal for an AT, I'm in the market for a MT, even used it seems down here they are all marked up, so I got my hopes high for the one I'm taking a look at tomorrow!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:54 AM   #12
Panku

Quote:
Ah oops my bad, mine is a 13, had 8k miles. Found the old owner on this board too, a week after buying the car hahah. Sometimes I miss the spacious Fit but most of the time I'm !!

True that, the spacious Is 10/10 but I'm over it, being a single college student I don't need a hatchback!
Old 08-21-2014, 02:42 AM   #13
WinnaWinna17

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS, 1998 Sentra SE
Hey I got mine used 2013 from private owner for a great deal + tax and license a few monthz back. Found it on craigslist, and saw many on there although most were salvaged. Some for like 12k or 14k. Or "take over payments"
Check those out.
WinnaWinna17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:08 AM   #14
Panku

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnaWinna17 View Post
Hey I got mine used 2013 from private owner for a great deal + tax and license a few monthz back. Found it on craigslist, and saw many on there although most were salvaged. Some for like 12k or 14k. Or "take over payments"
Check those out.
Craigslist no luck yet, I'll keep trying though, some people want full cash In hand, I don't have the 20~25 but I'm close. @0@.